Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 10th August 2018, 22:32   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Need help: Mumbai to Bangalore - driving with a dog

Hello Gentlemen / Ladies,

I am planning a solo Motorcycle ride from Mumbai to Mysore. Google maps gives me the usual route via Belgaum, Hubli, Chitradurga, Sira, Nittur.

I happened to Whatsapp HVK sir, and he suggested that I actually go through Tumkur after Chitradurga.

My question to this group is pretty much in keeping with others' posts on the topic.

Since this is my first ever long ride, and since I am going to be alone, safety is high on my list.

How safe is the route? Are there any trouble spots that I need to watch out for?

Motorcycle rides are a bit high on fatigue. Plus, there's the sore butt aspect. So, although I'd like to go as far as Chitradurga on day 1, it is likely that I will break journey at Hubli or even Belgaum, and resume the next day.

What are some of the good hotels in Belgaum, Hubli and Chitradurga? I am talking about places with A/C rooms, clean toilets, and good breakfast in the morning.

Anyone else having done the solo ride on this route, please feel free to chip in with suggestions and advice. Incidentally, I plan on writing a small account of this trip on Team BHP after I am done.

Finally, in the off chance that someone would like to join me (in 2 wheels or 4), please feel free to PM me. That would be awesome. I am targeting a mid-week departure date in the last week of this month (Aug '18).

P. S.

I am also going to look at that route profile that HVK sir has posted in this thread. My only concern is that that profile is now 7 years old. So more recent information would be great.

Last edited by mohansrides : 10th August 2018 at 22:36.
mohansrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2018, 23:22   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

You can refer this link for updated route information.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2018, 23:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Hi..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Sankam Residency is a good hotel at Belgaum just off the NH4, but don't know about their dog-friendliness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The Bombay-Bangalore detailed route profile is here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Hello all,

I wrote my previous post on my phone and could not multi-quote properly. So, making amends here. Thank you for the info that's already on this thread. But, more would be welcome. I need all the help that I can get.
mohansrides is offline   Reply With Quote