Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 22:52   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Guys, it will be a morning start now as the event date has changed
The place is Ramji Mahal on Nachiar Road, Woraiyur.
I think this is kind of a central location close to the famous temples in Woraiyur, the Rock Fort temple, Railway station, etc all in a 2-5Km radius around the place.
So what routing would you suggest to get to this place easily ?

Good to know
If you are going to Woraiyur, Karur route is closest, however I think it may take almost same or just little over time even in the Thuraiyur/Musiri route.

Have a good trip @NPV.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 09:38   #662
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Via Karur no doubt ! Its ideal for this location.
What would be the best route for someone to reach the same venue at Woraiyur, Trichy when coming from Calicut ?
Calicut-Palakkad-Pollachi-Dharapuram-Aravkuruchi (merge with NH7/44)-Karur bypass-Trichy via NH81 (old 67) - this is the gmaps suggested route

I'm sure about condition of Dharapuram-Aravakuruchi, any idea ?

Any other route that may be better ?

Last edited by noopster : 4th July 2016 at 12:15. Reason: Corrected typo as requested
Old 4th July 2016, 09:50   #663
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Calicut-Palakkad-Pollachi-Dharapuram-Aravkuruchi (merge with NH7/44)-Karur bypass-Trichy via NH81 (old 67) - this is the gmaps suggested route
This makes perfect sesnse to me.

Quote:
No idea either. But in general expecting it to be good. Because I think I have read, many using this for even Munnar. (Salem-Karur-Arvakurichi-Dharapuram-Udumalpet)

Last edited by noopster : 4th July 2016 at 12:15. Reason: Quoted post edited
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 10:37   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What would be the best route for someone to reach the same venue at Woraiyur, Trichy when coming from Calicut ?

Any other route that may be better ?
Take this route:
https://www.google.ae/maps/dir/Kochi....7904833?hl=en

Do not go towards Karur, you will end up with lot of truck traffic. The above route will take you through state highway till you hit Dindigul and from there toll road, which has much less traffic than other options, all the way till Trichy.

Having lost count of number of Trichy - Palakkad runs I have done, this is now my favorite route.

Last edited by noopster : 4th July 2016 at 12:16. Reason: Quoted post edited
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 11:12   #665
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Thanks!
My friend was thinking about going via Oddanchatram but wasn't sure if he'd have to do Pollachi-Udumalaipet-Palani-Oddanchatram.
Now, your first hand hand experience with this route will definitely help (and avoids Udumalaipet and Palani as well).

*Gmaps show NH83 going all the way to Trichy via udumalaipet and Palani - what was the old NH number for this ?

Last edited by NPV : 4th July 2016 at 11:13.
Old 4th July 2016, 11:36   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...*Gmaps show NH83 going all the way to Trichy via udumalaipet and Palani - what was the old NH number for this ?
Google to the rescue: NH-209

http://wikimapia.org/street/506523/N...ore-Old-NH-209
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 12:41   #667
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
If you are going to Woraiyur, Karur route is closest,
Quote:
Via Karur no doubt ! Its ideal for this location.
Guys,
Back to the earlier question of Bangalore-Woraiyur (Trichy) via Karur..
Which one of these exits is better ? The blue one shown on the google routing or going ahead further, crossing the Amaravathi River bridge and then turning left ? See the black path with arrow shown on the map ? Is that better since it seems to bypass Karur completely ?

Name:  KarurTrichy route.png
Views: 1135
Size:  285.4 KB
Old 1st November 2016, 04:13   #668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Back to the earlier question of Bangalore-Woraiyur (Trichy) via Karur..
I would say stick to the regular Karur option. In other words go past Karur and take the regular bypass. At least you get clean roads till Karur and the reasonably good road till Trichy.
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:20   #669
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would say stick to the regular Karur option. In other words go past Karur and take the regular bypass. At least you get clean roads till Karur and the reasonably good road till Trichy.
We took the Bangalore-Karur (NH 7)-Trichy (NH 81/old NH 67) route to Woraiyur, though longer, it was simple and easy, especially for first timers

The NH 81 is 4 laned for about 25 Km and is good, since it was before noon, the sand truck traffic was manageable.

On the return, we wanted to try the Namakkal route via Thuraiyur and the convoy of cars had different apps and maps guiding us onto different routes as each car took the lead at various points and we ended up with a mashup of Namakkal (in the end bypassed the town to reach Budan Santhai!) route variants

This was the route we took, roads were excellent, many newly laid stretches on SH 161, SH 30 and SH 62. Also passed by couple of village roads and one MDR (major district road), was fun and we probably took 30 minutes more than other direct routes.
Link
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:39   #670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On the return, we wanted to try the Namakkal route via Thuraiyur and the convoy of cars had different apps and maps guiding us onto different routes as each car took the lead at various points and we ended up with a mashup of Namakkal (in the end bypassed the town to reach Budan Santhai!) route variants

This was the route we took, roads were excellent, many newly laid stretches on SH 161, SH 30 and SH 62. Also passed by couple of village roads and one MDR (major district road), was fun and we probably took 30 minutes more than other direct routes.

Though its a fun route and also bypasses the big towns; the twists and turns can confuse people, unless you know exactly how to route yourself on this one. Also Budhansanthai-Senthamangalam and the bund section before you join the Namakkal-Thuraiyur road at Alanganatham sees some blind turns and big trucks on your way. Need to be careful there.

And if one is heading this route to Trichy he also needs to know where to exit NH7. But all in all this section is one of the few remaining nice 2-Lanes lined up with trees. (They do get dry in Summer though)

Last edited by ampere : 3rd November 2016 at 17:40.
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:06   #671
Senior - BHPian

Have traveled this route 4 to 5 times.
Lorry traffic is the only issue.
From Senthamangalam to Budansandai plenty of speed breakers slows down the speed.
A good option to bypass Namakkal during the daytime.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 00:20   #672
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Though its a fun route and also bypasses the big towns; the twists and turns can confuse people, unless you know exactly how to route yourself on this one. Also Budhansanthai-Senthamangalam and the bund section before you join the Namakkal-Thuraiyur road at Alanganatham sees some blind turns and big trucks on your way. Need to be careful there.
True. At few places we were in doubt if the apps were navigating us correctly! If you miss a turn you may end up doing the route in a loop on the Thuraiyur-Namakkal-Musiri section which is almost like a triangle
However, the good news was newly laid roads with almost zero traffic, maybe as it was a weekday afternoon.
Best part was SH 161 and a very short stretch of SH 95, brand new excellent tarmac.
Oh, and barely any facilities, spotted just one or two petrol bunks on the entire route one of them was a deserted Essar bunk.
And lots of hills and green fields around, a good break from the boring 4 & 6 laned roads, zero traffic was the icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Lorry traffic is the only issue.
From Senthamangalam to Budansandai plenty of speed breakers slows down the speed.
Strangely, almost no lorry traffic when we traveled, and I don't remember too many speed breakers too, maybe they're gone after the resurfacing was done recently ?

Last edited by NPV : 4th November 2016 at 00:27.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 10:48   #673
BHPian

folks, quick help with info please.
I will be driving from Bangalore to namakkal tomorrow and returning the same day. I have never been to namakkal before so I don't know the route after salem. Will there be any board signs on the way? never noticed that during my drives when passing through salem to kerala.
I plan to leave by 6 am tomorrow which will take 2.5 hours to salem. so planning to halt for breakfast before reaching salem. Any good place to halt for breakfast around this time?

Never taken the highways after the demonetization. so any idea if the toll gates give change for 2000 rupee note?

Thanks guys
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:33   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
folks, quick help with info please.
I will be driving from Bangalore to namakkal tomorrow and returning the same day. I have never been to namakkal before so I don't know the route after salem. Will there be any board signs on the way? never noticed that during my drives when passing through salem to kerala.
I plan to leave by 6 am tomorrow which will take 2.5 hours to salem. so planning to halt for breakfast before reaching salem. Any good place to halt for breakfast around this time?

Never taken the highways after the demonetization. so any idea if the toll gates give change for 2000 rupee note?

Thanks guys
In Salem bypass (NH7), you have to keep driving straight till you hit a bridge where you drive up in one way direction. Keep looking for "Madurai" board. In that bridge you have to take right towards Madurai (don't go straight which will take you Attur-Chennai road) and keep driving. You will cross few educational institutions and keep watching for "Trichy" board. After about 30 to 40 kms, you have to take left to reach Namakkal.

https://goo.gl/maps/uyoYvCN5G9v

For tolls in highways, don't expect change for Rs. 2000 note. If you are leaving Bangalore by 6 am, it will take 3 hours to reach salem on a normal saturday + additional delays due to Toll payment. So i guess it may be late for breakfast, so better to have it earlier in Chinnar A2B or Thoppur A2B or Sai Sangeet.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 2nd December 2016 at 11:35.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:43   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
so planning to halt for breakfast before reaching salem. Any good place to halt for breakfast around this time?

Thanks guys
You have Sri Saravan Bhavan in Krishnagiri, after crossing the Chennai exit, this comes on the left. There are many other options near Shoolagiri and then closer to salem as well.

Better to have change for tolls. But you can try with 2K notes as well. I got change for 2K note at NICE toll.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks