Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 17:46   #781
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Always the roads from Namakkal to Thottiayam is in good condition.
Thottiayam to Musiri and toll gate is the issue. This road is very twisty and many blind corners. Overtaking will be difficult in case a local state transport bus or lorry is ahead of you especially after Thottiayam to toll gate.
Musiri to tollgate is good, as denoted by narayans80 in his earlier post
Old 2nd August 2021, 17:21   #782
BHPian

Guys -
Doing an round trip to Trichy this week.

- Do we need e-Pass to enter TN from Bangalore.
- Suggestions for breakfast in this route except A2B near Krishnagiri. That would be too early for us to have breakfast.
Old 2nd August 2021, 17:43   #783
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
Guys -

- Suggestions for breakfast in this route except A2B near Krishnagiri. That would be too early for us to have breakfast.
Advisable to take the ePass though checking is very rare.

There is an A2B before the Dharmapuri toll but its on the right hand side- so u will need to take a U turn. Once you cross the Thoppur Ghat and near Salem, there are a lot of eateries.
Old 2nd August 2021, 21:09   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post

There is an A2B before the Dharmapuri toll but its on the right hand side- so u will need to take a U turn. Once you cross the Thoppur Ghat and near Salem, there are a lot of eateries.
Thanks for the inputs.

I am assuming Musiri is still the best ride and time saver.
Old 2nd August 2021, 21:48   #785
Senior - BHPian

When I did Blore-Velankanni in February this year, on the return I tried a different route to avoid Musiri. I entered Trichy-Karur road and went up half way on that road and cut across the river to the Musiri-Namakkal road. It will land just after Musiri.

The road from Trichy to Karur is nice and wide and good speeds can be maintained, although need to be careful because of two wheelers and speeding vehicles.
I haven't done the Trichy-Musiri road in a while, so I am not sure how good it is but I remember it being narrow and difficult to overtake and this route I took seems to be a better alternative. Just that finding an exit that connects the road from the bridge to the Karur road is tricky.

Last edited by tharian : 2nd August 2021 at 21:52.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 22:03   #786
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post

If you are going via Namakkal-musiri-TollGate , then as soon as you enter Namakkal town inorder to cross it, there is an A2B on left side itself, right before you hit the first T-junction within town.
venkyhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 11:45   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
If you are going via Namakkal-musiri-TollGate , then as soon as you enter Namakkal town inorder to cross it, there is an A2B on left side itself, right before you hit the first T-junction within town.
Quote:
Guys -

Please take ePass for safe side. TN is slowly tightening up the restrictions, so better be on safe side.
For Breakfast, If krishnagiri is too early, you can stop over at Sai Sangeet (2 kms before Thoppur toll gate) or Thoppur A2B which is just about half km before Thoppur toll gate. Both are on the right side.

If that is also early, the next stop can be at Rasipuram A2B which comes 20 kms before Namakkal and is on the left side.

Apart from Namakkal-Musiri-Trichy Toll gate road, you can also take Namakkal-Thuraiyur road - Kannanur-Pagalavadi-Trichy Toll gate route which is also in great condition. Almost Traffic free and stress free driving, compared to Musiri route.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 13:10   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Please take ePass for safe side. TN is slowly tightening up the restrictions, so better be on safe side.
For Breakfast, If krishnagiri is too early, you can stop over at Sai Sangeet (2 kms before Thoppur toll gate) or Thoppur A2B which is just about half km before Thoppur toll gate. Both are on the right side.

If that is also early, the next stop can be at Rasipuram A2B which comes 20 kms before Namakkal and is on the left side.

Apart from Namakkal-Musiri-Trichy Toll gate road, you can also take Namakkal-Thuraiyur road - Kannanur-Pagalavadi-Trichy Toll gate route which is also in great condition. Almost Traffic free and stress free driving, compared to Musiri route.

-Ravi
Thanks Ravi for the suggestions. I thought there is only one A2B near Krishnagiri. Surprised to hear so many around. I might be driving blind / concentrating just on road all these years in this route. All I need cup of hot tea to relax and stretch my legs. I am addicted to it.

I never tried Thuraiyur road. Thought it is longer. Will give it a try this time instead of Musiri.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:59   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ravi for the suggestions. I thought there is only one A2B near Krishnagiri. Surprised to hear so many around. I might be driving blind / concentrating just on road all these years in this route. All I need cup of hot tea to relax and stretch my legs. I am addicted to it.

I never tried Thuraiyur road. Thought it is longer. Will give it a try this time instead of Musiri.
Haha. Yes, me too addicted to hot cup of tea and to break and stretch legs every 200 kms or so.
BTW, you dont' have to stick to just A2B. There are many other good stop overs too.

Thuraiyur route is good. Infact, you really don't go till thuraiyur. You will take right from Kannanur-towards Pagalavadi (Jayaram College) and join towards Thuraiyur to Manachanallur road. I believe, they would have opened the by-pass for Manachanallur too now. So it should be pretty smooth and traffic free. Couple of things you may have to watch out for :

1) Speed breakers before and after village
2) In Thathayannagarpettai, the road gets narrowed for few metres, so just watch out.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 08:56   #790
BHPian

I did an Bangalore - Trichy this weekend (Friday - Sunday) with 4 adults and 3 kids.

6th Aug - Bangalore - Trichy
Started at 5:15 AM at home - KR Puram and Reached Trichy 12:45 with lot of breaks in between - 5 breaks :-) and a short visit to relatives house in Krishnagiri.

I did take ePass but no one hardly checking at border. There were barricades but they were letting go.

Plan was to have breakfast packed from home but kids started ordering on their own for which we had to stop at hotel and pack them as per their needs.

8th Aug - Trichy - Bangalore
Started at 8 AM at Trichy and Reached home at 4 PM again with breaks, visits and shopping.

At the border, this time they were stopping but only KL and MH registered cars. They were letting KA and TN registered vehicles freely. I was worried if they would ask for certificate or RTPCR negative report but fortunately nothing was asked for KA vehicle.
temala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 14:21   #791
BHPian

Quote:
I did an Bangalore - Trichy this weekend (Friday - Sunday) with 4 adults and 3 kids.

6th Aug - Bangalore - Trichy
Started at 5:15 AM at home - KR Puram and Reached Trichy 12:45 with lot of breaks in between - 5 breaks :-) and a short visit to relatives house in Krishnagiri.

8th Aug - Trichy - Bangalore
Started at 8 AM at Trichy and Reached home at 4 PM again with breaks, visits and shopping.

They were letting KA and TN registered vehicles freely. I was worried if they would ask for certificate or RTPCR negative report but fortunately nothing was asked for KA vehicle.
Thanks for sharing an update on your recent visit -

Pls. do let us know which route did you choose and how was the road condition ? Did you choose different routes for onward and return journey ?

How was traffic enroute ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback
Old 11th August 2021, 15:00   #792
BHPian

Quote:

At the border, this time they were stopping but only KL and MH registered cars. They were letting KA and TN registered vehicles freely. I was worried if they would ask for certificate or RTPCR negative report but fortunately nothing was asked for KA vehicle.
Filtering on the basis of registration numbers (KA or MH) hardly makes any sense. Majority of people in Bangalore would have KA registration's.
Old 11th August 2021, 15:45   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingmelody View Post
Filtering on the basis of registration numbers (KA or MH) hardly makes any sense. Majority of people in Bangalore would have KA registration's.
Definitely makes No Sense. Looks like they started to ask RT PCR / Vaccine Certificate for TN as well (As per news).
Old 6th September 2021, 13:47   #794
BHPian

Update on BLR - Trichy - BLR

Trichy - BLR

Time of Dep : 6:45am
Time of Arrival : 12:30pm

Route Taken : BLR -> Attibele -> Salem -> Namakkal -> Musri -> Gunaseelam -> Trichy

2 breaks - 1 for breakfast (Soolagiri) and 1 for coffee (Thoppur). Home cooked breakfast and A2B coffee

NOTE : The road from Namakkal to Trichy via Gunaseelam was generally good.

BLR - Trichy

Time of Dep : 6:30am
Time of Arrival : 1:00pm

Route Taken : Trichy -> Kulithalai -> Musri -> Namakkal -> Thoppur -> BLR

2 breaks - 1 for Breakfast (Namakkal) and 1 for coffee (Thoppur). Home cooked breakfast and A2B coffee

Live in West BLR so my drive always includes driving across the city to get to the highway. This time didn't choose to use NICE

Recommendation : Will suggest Kulithalai route for drive to Trichy. It is better than Gunaseelam route. Once you are stuck behind a slow moving vehicle in Gunaseelam route you will surely be slowed down

Happy munching miles

Last edited by csateesh : 6th September 2021 at 13:49.
csateesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 14:39   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Route Taken : Trichy -> Kulithalai -> Musri -> Namakkal -> Thoppur -> BLR
Thanks for the update Sateesh. Planning a drive from Trichy to Bangalore this weekend, how is the checking at border?
Is there any checks on RT-PCR tests (per news it was made mandatory few weeks back) or having a fully vaccinated certificate is enough?

Most Viewed