Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 14:26   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Planning to make a trip from Bangalore to Trichy soon - just wanted your inputs on the road situation. Typically the route is straight forward: BLR - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Nammakkal - Musiri - Trichy. Specifically concerned about the Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri stretch & nammakal - trichy part - anyone been through this route & how is it after the rains recently ? Any good places to eat on the highway itself without having to deviate ? Thanks for your help...
Old 12th October 2007, 15:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Not been in the Namakkal-Musiri-Trichy route for years, but from a recent account, the road from Namakkal towards Dharapuram was in great shape. Normally, this Musiri route does not break up during rains.
Old 12th October 2007, 16:08   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Planning to make a trip from Bangalore to Trichy soon - just wanted your inputs on the road situation. Typically the route is straight forward: BLR - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Nammakkal - Musiri - Trichy. Specifically concerned about the Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri stretch & nammakal - trichy part - anyone been through this route & how is it after the rains recently ? Any good places to eat on the highway itself without having to deviate ? Thanks for your help...
Hi,
Salem to Namakkal -GQ work on hence slow traffic.
Nammakal to trichy road is double road with less traffic and in good condition.
Drive safe.Travelled ten days back from Yercaud to Trichy.
Old 12th October 2007, 16:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Krishnagiri to Dharmapuri is bad. Unseen potholes, some of them wheel breakers. 4 laning work in progress. Lack of shoulders at places.

Dharmapuri to Salem - can be broken into two parts. Dharmapuri to Thoppur is bad again except for the Thoppur Ghat section which is 6 lane, though even this has gone uneven now.

Best to avoid these sectors in the night time.

Thoppur to Omalur - again 4 laning is going on. so need to watch out.

Omalur bypass to Salem is good.
Old 12th October 2007, 21:15   #5
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...p-route-2.html

You can check here. I did this in 29Sep-2st Oct.
  • Kgiri - Dharmapuri - is same as mentioned by csentil
  • Dharmapuri to Thoppur - new potholes.
  • After Thoppur ghat 6 lane road another 20kms is very bad. Avoid in the night.
  • Salem - Namakkal - Not great but lot of traffic. Careful with oncoming Buses.
Old 14th October 2007, 18:56   #6
BHPian

Thanks guys. Is the Hosur - Royakottah - Dharmapuri : route okay these days ? anyone tried that route ?
Old 16th October 2007, 10:31   #7
BHPian

May be a little stretch but a good scenic route.

Blr-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani-Kangayam-Karur-Kulithalai-Trichy

Let me know your feedback
Old 16th October 2007, 10:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Thanks guys. Is the Hosur - Royakottah - Dharmapuri : route okay these days ? anyone tried that route ?
Someone reported the road to be in good condition but for a few pot holes here and there.
Old 16th October 2007, 10:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post

Blr-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani-Kangayam-Karur-Kulithalai-Trichy

Bad roads reported between Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri. Mettur road in good condition. So is the road from Perunthurai to Kangayam.
Old 16th October 2007, 11:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post

Hi,
This will add atleast 3/4 hrs travel time.
Old 16th October 2007, 13:01   #11
BHPian

I need to travel to Tirunellvelli from Bangalore. Would appreciate suggestions on the route I would need to take. Also, so that I can plan ahead, would be great help to know which sectors are in bad shape.
Old 16th October 2007, 14:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I need to travel to Tirunellvelli from Bangalore. Would appreciate suggestions on the route I would need to take. Also, so that I can plan ahead, would be great help to know which sectors are in bad shape.
Best route to Tirunelveli is NH7 all the way.
Bangalore-Hosur 40-Krishnagiri 50-Dharmapuri 55-Toppur 25-Salem 40-Namakkal 55-Karur 45-Dindigul 75-Madurai 65-Virudhunagar 45-Tirunelveli 110, aggregating 595 kms.

If you are a fast driver, you can do this in a day notwithstanding some bad stretches. Facilities are good all along. Big towns like Salem, Karur, Dindigul, Madurai, Virudhunagar and Kovilpatti are all bypassed.

Bad sectors are in Krishnagiri-Toppur. Road widening in Omalur-Salem and some bad patches in Salem-Namakkal.
Old 16th October 2007, 14:48   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Bangalore-Hosur 40-Krishnagiri 50-Dharmapuri 55-Toppur 25-Salem 40-Namakkal 55-Karur 45-Dindigul 75-Madurai 65-Virudhunagar 45-Tirunelveli 110, aggregating 595 kms.

If you are a fast driver, you can do this in a day notwithstanding some bad stretches. Facilities are good all along. Big towns like Salem, Karur, Dindigul, Madurai, Virudhunagar and Kovilpatti are all bypassed.

Bad sectors are in Krishnagiri-Toppur. Road widening in Omalur-Salem and some bad patches in Salem-Namakkal.
Hi,
The entire stretch from Karur/dindigul/madurai upto tirunelveli is on road widening work.
Old 16th October 2007, 16:43   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi,
The entire stretch from Karur/dindigul/madurai upto tirunelveli is on road widening work.

Thanks Guys, appreciate your help.
Old 16th October 2007, 19:36   #15
BHPian

Thanks for you inputs..Any new/good places to eat en-route beyond Krishnagiri and before Nammakkal ? I generally do not like going offcourse just for some bite..

Most Viewed