Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 10:31   #1
BHPian

ITPL to Attibele

Hi Bangy boys!

I am planning to go to Chennai next friday for Dasara and am planning to leave on Friday early afternoon. I am told that there is a short route from ITPL to Attibele (or rather faster / less traffic route) avoiding silkboard junction / electronic city. can you please let me know what route it is? Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers!
~DWind
Old 16th October 2007, 00:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes !

Take a right from ITPL main gate, take another right at Hope farm jn and proceed towards Varthur lake. Take a left near Sigma(or whatever tech park) - road is a bit bad here - and go straight for about 8-10 kms. Newly paved roads, but watch out for meandering villagers. You hit a place called Dommasandra junction(Sarjapur road joins here), take a left here and keep going straight until you hit a big circle. Take right here, straight take you to Devanahalli. Keep going straight until you hit Attibele.

Should be around 27-30 kms.
Old 16th October 2007, 11:09   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Omr

DWind,
Why dont you take the Old Madras Road to chennai? The distance will also be shorter by 20-30 kms (from ITPL ) and also you save on toll.

Cross the whitefield railway station and continue straight....the road meets OMR..take right to merge to OMR.

P.S. I am not sure of the status of the overbridge and the condition of the roads now.
Old 16th October 2007, 16:43   #4
BHPian

Thanks M800?

Considering the time I am leaving (early evening types ) and since it is Dasara time would like to reach Chennai early. Also would be taking the reverse route in the Morning on Monday and it would be helpful for me to not get lost! Given a chance I would rather take OMR but then the time factor and from safety point of view (You do not want to stare at a Truck or a car in high beam after a hard day at work. do you? ) are making me take the GQ.

Thanks Kuttapan! for your help. But how do you foresee the traffic density on this road on a Friday evening?

~DWind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks