Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2007, 12:15   #16
BANNED

There is some roadwork happening on the Chittoor bypass so please be prepared for some waits as tipper lorries block the entire road and unload stones on the side.

Lots of good stops on this route compared to the GQ - A1 after Sriperumbudur on your left, MGM Virundu on the LHS just after Ranipet, Cafe Coffee Day and Woody's just before Kolar and Kamat just after.

Starting from Chennai in the afternoon, you WILL have the sun in your eyes throughout the journey - please be prepared for this.

Also please be prepared for heavy traffic from Hoskote all the way until you reach Nelamangala.

The GQ is much faster and there are less towns that you pass through although. As madan80 has stated, if you want to cut down on travel time, please stick to the GQ and take the ring road exit that goes to Tumkur.

If you do take the old route via Chittoor, I'd recommend NOT turning right under the flyover immediately after the 2nd toll plaza. Instead continue via the GQ route and take the 2nd right (under the flyover). This will take you slightly through the outskirts of Ranipet town and you can ask anyone for help to reach the Chittoor Road. The advantage of this route is that you will bypass both Walaja and Ranipet towns completely.
Old 18th October 2007, 13:19   #17
BHPian

As advised, I would take the GQ means I will plan route via Krishnagiri-Hosur.

Can anyone suggest me a best possible route from Electronic City to Yaswanthpur without getting into BLR CITY traffic and signals?
Old 19th October 2007, 11:32   #18
BHPian

Why haven't you considered taking the chennai-Vijayawada-Hyderabad-Pune route? It's GQ/NH all the way and the roads are excellent. Maybe based on your Chennai-Bangalore-Baroda experiences you can return via Hyderabad and Vijayawada.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:53   #19

dhanasekaran ,
I Just drove from Mumbai to bangalore in May 07

and im going again to tirupati on the 25th
Trust me , with a speed of 100 - 110 kms perhour which is not a task on GQ, u will do Mumbai bangalore in about 13-14 hours .The road is good through out. as said rightly by Kumar . do stop at chitradurga ,u have decent hotels at Rs 300 a nite with AC. the road from Chitra durga to hublis is good thou but there is a little construction work going on andu may be susceptible to diversion . so its better u halt at chitradurga as the road beyond is not conducive for night drive as its devoid of markings.Then from Hubli to Mumbai , u should be in a position to cover those 600kms in about 7 hours . I did it in 6.5 hours in in my scorp.
take my advise ,dont drive beyong Chitradurga at night and try and leave chennai by 12 so that u avoid peak hour traffic in Bangalore
Cheers
Old 24th October 2007, 15:27   #20
BHPian

Hello Vishal, thanks for the advise. I would be reaching bommanahalli (Silk Board) signal in Bangalore and kindly provide me a less congestion route to Nelamangala. I am not quite familiar with Blr routes, hence help needed.
Old 6th November 2007, 17:04   #21
BHPian

Hello Kumar Sir,

Please provide your valuable advise on the below mentioned route

Kurnool-Gadwal-Raichur-Devadurga-Jevargi-Afzalpur-Dudhani-Akkalkot-Sholapur.

Also route conditions from Chittoor till Kurnool. Hope it is NH and should be OK. Also heard there will be naxel threat in this route. Is it so?

Please provide your advise as requested.
Old 7th November 2007, 15:47   #22
BHPian

As I am nearing my travel dates, I would like to finally understand the road conditions in the below mentioned route.

Blr-Chitradurga
Chitradurga-Hubli
Hubli-Belgaum
Belgaum-Kolhapur
Kolhapur-Satara-Pune

Kumar sir, just wanted take your comments on this.

Also, my 800 would roughly gives me 24KMPH. What is the next best fuel station enroute?

Thanks
Old 1st December 2007, 10:03   #23
BHPian

Dear Team,

I have successfully completed my trip to Baroda from Chennai. I have reached Chennai last night safely.

I have a mix of very good and very bad experiences on the road. Will share the same to protect the interest of others in this forum with necessary photos in week time.

But, some of the things provided here in forum are correct and some are incorrect as well.
Old 1st December 2007, 17:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post
Dear Team,

I have successfully completed my trip to Baroda from Chennai. I have reached Chennai last night safely.

I have a mix of very good and very bad experiences on the road. Will share the same to protect the interest of others in this forum with necessary photos in week time.

But, some of the things provided here in forum are correct and some are incorrect as well.
Eager to see a detailed travelogue from you. Put them fast.

Abhi
Old 1st December 2007, 17:56   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please provide your valuable advise on the below mentioned route

Kurnool-Gadwal-Raichur-Devadurga-Jevargi-Afzalpur-Dudhani-Akkalkot-Sholapur..
Dhanasekaran, it was good you did not take the above route. Afzalpur-Dudhani is not very good. Dudhani-Akkalkot-Solapur is a 2 lane undivided rural road. While the road surface itself is good, you would not have been able to go too fast. I dont expect interior roads in KA near Raichur etc to be very good.

Awaiting your detailed posting on your trip. We would defintely like to know the incorrect points.
Old 13th March 2008, 15:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Team,

Waiting for the same, Dhana

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks