Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2007, 13:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pune to Harihareshwar road condition?

I have most of the route sorted out for the Pune-Harihareshwar trip that I am planning to take this weekend. But I am not sure about the road conditions along the way, especially after the right turn from NH17.

Anybody has been to Srivardhan/Harihareshwar in the recent past?
Old 18th October 2007, 13:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

Which route from Pune do you plan to take. I am not well versed with the route conditions but I'd suggest you take the Mulshi - Tamhini route out of Pune to begin with.
Old 18th October 2007, 13:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Which route from Pune do you plan to take. I am not well versed with the route conditions but I'd suggest you take the Mulshi - Tamhini route out of Pune to begin with.
yepp.. thats the one I will be taking. Its is in reasonably good shape till some point after the lake.
Old 18th October 2007, 13:56   #4
BHPian

I went almost 6 months back, but if you take the first right after the NH, the road should be good because they were relaying it all over in most places. My guess is that a newly-patched road wouldn't deteriorate in 6 months. Well, if you find it bad, you can always take the other road when you come back.

We went till the lake recently. The roads were in fairly decent shape, but you cannot go at the same speed as earlier because of some minor bad patches in between.

Regards,

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
yepp.. thats the one I will be taking. Its is in reasonably good shape till some point after the lake.

Last edited by pradkumar : 18th October 2007 at 13:59.
Old 18th October 2007, 16:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Once you turn off (choice is either at Managaon or Goregaon), the road is normally bad after the rains, have no idea of its current condition. My past experience is that this road is not repaired even till January.
Old 18th October 2007, 17:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Once you turn off (choice is either at Managaon or Goregaon), the road is normally bad after the rains, have no idea of its current condition. My past experience is that this road is not repaired even till January.
Any guesses on which road is likely to be better off !! Mangaon one or the Goregaon one? The Goregaon one is on Google maps.. so I expect it to be wider and better maintained
Old 18th October 2007, 18:07   #7
KVS
BHPian

I went by the Mangaon road (about three years back). The road was OK. Do not know the conditions now. It took about 6.5 hrs for us to reach Harihareshwar.

Suggest to leave early in the morning. Are planning to stay at MTDC? Food at MTDC resort was bad. You can try food at harihareshwar Gaon..
Old 19th October 2007, 11:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post

Suggest to leave early in the morning. Are planning to stay at MTDC? Food at MTDC resort was bad. You can try food at harihareshwar Gaon..
Yepp.. staying at MTDC. We are not that fussy about food
Old 19th October 2007, 11:59   #9
BHPian

Road is in average condition not too good nor bad. ( Went 3 months back)
( 2nd visit in this year)

MTDC: kokani house with AC only...

There is one small hotel on right side before entering the MTDC gate . The food is quite good and inexpensive compared to MTDC.

Let me know if you need any other info..
Old 12th February 2009, 16:12   #10
BHPian

Current Road conditions for Harihareshwar??

Hi All,
I would be doing a weekend trip to Harihareshwar next weekend (travelling from Mumbai). Hence had the following questions:
1. Road conditions in that area?. The last update in T-BHP on this was in May 2008. Hence was wondering what are the current state of roads. Also which would be the best way to go there. I heard from NH 17, there are two ways to go to Harihareshwar. Hence wanted to know which would be the best route?
2. Which is the best beach in that area. Heard that the beach at MTDC (where I would be staying) is ok and Srivardhan or the beach near the temple is much better. Can someone advise.
3. Any other places of interest in that area. I should be there by 11:00 AM on Saturday morning and am planning to leave back by 2:00 PM on sunday.
4. Places to eat apart from MTDC resort. Have kids, hence wondering any alternate place for the same.
5. Any good place on the way to Harihareshwar. I am planning on leaving at 5:00 AM hence was wondering about a good place to have breakfast on the way.

Your advice in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
f1fan
Old 12th February 2009, 16:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

I did this trip to Harihareshwar in last June and the roads were Ok, with some parts being laid @ that time and hopefully it should have been laid up by now.

The MTDC resort is excellent with nice amenities and the restaurant attached to it too serves excellent food. I cannot recall any place to munch on, in between but there are some small towns & villages enroute that serve some good food by the road side restaurants.

The route traversed was from Panvel towards Goa (NH17) and then you need to take a right @ Utekhol onto SH97 and then continue. The roads are Ok, if not great and during my trip the roads connecting to Shrivardhan and upwards to Harihareshwar were being laid and definitely they should have been done by now.
Old 12th February 2009, 22:56   #12
BHPian

Report from around 2 weeks ago:

Road from Mumbai to Mangaon is nice. Dont get on the expressway at Panvel but take the right under it for the Panvel bypass.
You can have a snack break at the Kamath Residency (fake Kamat but good Kamath) just before Nagothane, it suddenly appears on the right.
Right turn from Mangaon road is very good for some 15 km odd (newly laid)...then gets bad for a stretch, they are widening it, (small stretch is kaccha mitti).. Then it is the usual bumpy potholed road but nothing extreme or uncomfortable. Road from the junction (right to srivardhan and left harihareshwar) to harihareshwar is in great condition.
Dont miss the coastal drive to Dive Agar. Road is bumpy and potholed in some stretches but the road hugs the sea and the bird colonies are spectacular.

Dive Agar beach is good as is Harihareshwar.

Make sure you do the Harihareshwar parikrama in the evening at low tide then you can go onto the exposed rock platform.

Enjoy
Old 16th February 2009, 14:07   #13
BHPian

Thanks VJ MAVRICK and genesis. Really appreciate the updates. I would be travelling this weekend. Would put up my travelogues once I am back.

Cheers
f1fan
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:07   #14
BHPian

Re: Pune to Harihareshwar road condition?

Bumping up a 12 year old thread to ask the same question. We're planning to go to Harihareshwar from Pune, anyone who's been there recently? How are the roads? I see mainly three options on GMaps
1. Tamhini Ghat Route
2. Expressway upto Khalapur and then take a detour
3. NH48 upto Kapurhol and then take a detour

Do note, travel time isn't a concern, the road should be good.
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:01   #15

Re: Pune to Harihareshwar road condition?

Hi!

I am planning to travel from Pune to Kashid (want to do it via Tamhini Ghat) - have also posted a query. Will share intel once I get some on it

Regards!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks