Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2007, 21:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ravi. I will be in Ford Ikon and reaching 3 digit speeds will not be a problem.

Do you any any idea on howz the route after NH i.e., after Bellary in option 2 & after Hungund in option 3.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Old 26th October 2007, 23:51   #17
BHPian

your third preferred route is the best. you can avoid heavy traffic, too much of bad roads on this route.
Old 27th October 2007, 07:52   #18
BHPian

After Hungund, the road is good. Heard that after Bellary also the route is good.
Old 27th October 2007, 11:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for i/p guys.
@patil: Your place is Shorapur very near to Gulbarga. Which route has the bad roads-Option 2 or 1? But Going to Bijapur and then to Sindigi and Gulbarga is little longer (654 kms approx). How is the condition of roads after Bijapur upto Gulbarga.
@iridium (ravi): You are telling about the normal bus route. Even I have heard there is some bad stretches otherwise the roads are good. The distance is also 579 kms (approx).

Which route will save time as we need to reach Gulbarga within 7 pm. Assuming that I leave Bangalore at 6 am (morning)
Old 27th October 2007, 14:59   #20
BHPian

Option 1 has bad roads. I have driven on this from Hospet to Chitradurga.

Option 2: what I have heard is that the roads are good.

I would suggest that you leave by around 5:30Am so that you can get out of the city early.

Regards
Ravi.
Old 4th November 2007, 20:36   #21
BHPian

Bangalore - Bijapur - Update

Friends,
Thanks to all inputs, I did this trip over the weekend.

My first attempt at a report!

Left Bangalore at 2pm.Reached Chitradurga at 5pm - The road is a breeze but for hitches in Tumkur and Chitradurga

From Chitradurga,take a right turn at the railway station onto NH 13.The road is OK - just OK, potholes here and there, no shoulders for 35 Km.After that till Hospet the road is very bad.LOt if craters, if you are doing 3 digit speeds, you are certain to damage the vehicle.So be careful.
Reached Hospet at 1030pm (took a 45 min break at Kudilgi for Dinner)

Luckily there were no traffic jams at the level crossing, the one which you guys warned about.

There is one unique thing though, all of a sudden you will find lorries piled up, mind you , that is not a jam , but the local police collecting mamool from all the drivers, so if you are not in a lorry/truck - move to the other lane and the police guys will let you proceed.I noticed this at 3 places from Hospet to Bijapur

The road is good from Hospet onwards uptill Bijapur, but be careful of the odd pothole.

also, many of the culverts and bridges have gaping holes in the joints, so it is better you slowdown when crossing bridge.

The route is fully truck traffic, ours was the only private car that I can remember, beware of morons who overtake and can push you off the shoulder

Reached Bijapur at 3 am.

The next day went to Kudala Sangama after a sight seeing of Bijapur.Pretty good heritage structures in the city.Stayed in Yatri Nivas at Kudala Sangama

From Kudala Sangama, proceeded to Aminagad and then Aihole,Pattadakallu,Badami,Kusthigi and joined the NH back.

Left Badami at 630 pm to reach Bangalore at 630 Am

Total kms - 1150

Hope this helps

Raghu
Old 4th November 2007, 21:55   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Raghu, thanks for the quick yet neat report on the road conditions. Considering that you have hit all the usual hot spots, one can safely say that you have not had trouble with the route. Just that in Chitradurga, you can take the by-pass and it's very easy to find the turn towards Hospet / Bijapur / Solapur.

Speaking of the lines of lorries, you got to go a little further up from Bijapur upto the border with MH. You would have found India's arguably busiest Toll gate at Zalki
Old 12th November 2007, 16:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good Raghu. I also crossed the same road on 4th Nov. But I was driving from Hunugund to Bangalore on daytime as I was with my family. Hope we might have crossed over some where near C'durga. My experience with NH13, Is in my travelogue (trip to Gulbarga). Its very bad and nasty.
Old 19th August 2008, 16:44   #24
BHPian

any updates on road conditions? please share the details in case anyone has done this route recently.
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Updates Please

Team,

Am planning to do Blr-Hampi-Badami-Bijapur-solapur-Hyderabad.

Any updates on NH13 between Hospet and Bijapur ?
Good places to stay in Bijapur ?

How is NH9 between Solapur and Hyderabad ?

thanks
Srini
Old 13th November 2009, 11:08   #26
J.Ravi

We plan to visit in my Fiat Linea from Bangalore to Badami, Pattadakal, Aihole & Bijapur, then to Dharwad [to attend a marriage] before returning to Bangalore. I know the routes. But, I do not know about the present road condition of the stretch from Chitradurga to Hospet/ Bagalkot/Bijapur. Similarly, the stretch from Bijapur to Hubli. I travelled in these stretches many years ago and not recently. Or, would it be better to take the route of Bangalore-Dharwad-Saudatti-Yerraghatti-Badami/Pattadakal/Aihole? I read in the newspapers that Chitradurga-Hospet stretch is horrible, thanks to over-loaded trucks of mining companies in that region and also the recent floods. I request those who have visited these areas recently to kindly enlighten me about the condition of the roads and preferable route. I do not mind detouring provided the road condition is better and worth detouring.

Old 14th November 2009, 00:16   #27
BHPian

Did it in Jan end, C'durga - Hospet - Bijapur road was fine. But got stuck in a long traffic snarl in Hospet.

not sure how much it will help, however as no body posted yet, yook the chance.

you may also check my travelogue http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...g-history.html
Old 14th November 2009, 11:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

I've covered the road condition between Hospet and Chitradurga in my travelogue below---I'd gone on that route in September end, just before heavy rains lashed Karnataka and AP

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...er-amboli.html
Old 15th November 2009, 10:18   #29
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot, arindamray and vnabhi, for kind advice.

Old 15th November 2009, 12:06   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Ravi,

I'd done the same trip back in January. You could find more details in my travelog here.

Most Viewed