Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2013, 09:56   #46

re: Bangalore - Bijapur : Route Queries

Hi Guys,

My experience of travel from Bangalore to Bijapur on 8th Aug 2013.

I started at around 6 AM from Yeshwantpur and was able to cover up to Chitradurga 200+km in 2.5 hours flat including a 15 min tea break at Kamat. Post chitradurga the hospete road was a right turn which was a two lane highway with drivable speed between 60-80 kmph the only area where the speed dipped to 40 kmph was from 27 km before hospete to the 7 km before hospete. I totally agree that the tunnel and new road construction between that patch to hospete was really tedious but overall I could make to hospete in 2.5 hours again.

A suggestion do not take hospete to bijapur bypass as the construction work will slow you down to more than an hour. Instead based on a friend's suggestion I got into the city and just at the entrance there is a small city road that is called hubli bypass that takes you out to the bijapur highway after crossing internal city railway crossing. This was indeed a 1 hour saving for me plus we could get some fruits and juice in hospete which was definitely needed.

Post hospete the highway will start but the road may have some diversions for the first 8 kms as both sides of the highway are not fully operational. Try to drive safe as there are some pretty high speed breakers here.

After hospete the road was an absolute breeze and I could touch 3 digit speed however there are couple of unmarked speedbreakers all of sudden out of nowhere. I could not even imagine the reason for them being there.

Food wise there are not many options post Hospete but based on my friend's suggestion I stopped for food at Hotel Prakash near 'Hungund'. Fairly ok dhaba with veg and non veg options. Tasty food was served fast and the curd/butter milk was superb there. Overall for 4 people full lunch the bill was 250 rs only.

I reached bijapur at roughly 2:45 PM . Total of 8-9 hours of eventful journey for the day.
amit.toshniwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 10:47   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.toshniwal View Post
A suggestion do not take hospete to bijapur bypass as the construction work will slow you down to more than an hour. Instead based on a friend's suggestion I got into the city and just at the entrance there is a small city road that is called hubli bypass that takes you out to the bijapur highway after crossing internal city railway crossing. This was indeed a 1 hour saving for me plus we could get some fruits and juice in hospete which was definitely needed.

Can you mark this road on Google maps and point? That would help many.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 12th July 2014, 22:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

I have to drive to Bijapur next week. Please let me know a fastest route as per present conditions. Onward planned for day trip and return on night.
Old 12th July 2014, 23:25   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I have to drive to Bijapur next week. Please let me know a fastest route as per present conditions. Onward planned for day trip and return on night.
I think the tunnel contraction at Hospet is complete. Its now in much better condition. Take the regular route Bangalore-Chitradurga-Hospet-Bijapur
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 10:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think the tunnel contraction at Hospet is complete. Its now in much better condition. Take the regular route Bangalore-Chitradurga-Hospet-Bijapur
Ampere, any idea on approximate running time from Chitradurga to Bijapur with mostly 100 kmph speeds?

Also, any idea on Hubli route? Does it save time, though longer?

Last edited by coolclouds : 14th July 2014 at 10:12.
Old 14th July 2014, 10:16   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ampere, any idea on approximate running time from Chitradurga to Bijapur with mostly 100 kmph speeds?

- 2 Hours to Hospet bypass from NH4 turn-off at Chitra Durga (120km of 2-lane)
- Take 30 minutes to cross Hospet (I hope this. because the tunnel is now complete)
- 2.5 to 3 hours to Bijapur. (200 km of Almost end to end 4-lane)
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 11:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

NH13 route would be my recco.

Chitradurga-Kudligi-Hospet expect truck traffic

Hospet-Bijapur:Excellent 4 laned

Chitradurga-Hospet,plenty of small time dhabas.No proper restaurants.Go through Hospet town.The tunnel is not yet open afaik.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 12:41   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The tunnel is not yet open afaik.

Tunnel is open. See this post by Alok.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3441783
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 10:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- 2 Hours to Hospet bypass from NH4 turn-off at Chitra Durga (120km of 2-lane)
- Take 30 minutes to cross Hospet (I hope this. because the tunnel is now complete)
- 2.5 to 3 hours to Bijapur. (200 km of Almost end to end 4-lane)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
NH13 route would be my recco.

Chitradurga-Kudligi-Hospet expect truck traffic

Hospet-Bijapur:Excellent 4 laned

Chitradurga-Hospet,plenty of small time dhabas.No proper restaurants.Go through Hospet town.The tunnel is not yet open afaik.
Thank you for your inputs. I did the trip yesterday and details here
Old 15th April 2017, 10:24   #55
BHPian

Travelling from Bangalore-Chitradurga-Hospet-Bijapur route
How is the Road conditions on this route.
Old 11th December 2017, 20:05   #56
BHPian

Hi guys

I am planning on traveling from Bangalore-Hospet- Badami - Bijapur next week. Any guidance on road conditions and good/bad times to travel will be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Old 11th December 2017, 20:11   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
I am planning on traveling from Bangalore-Hospet- Badami - Bijapur next week. Any guidance on road conditions and good/bad times to travel will be greatly appreciated.
More than Hospet - Bijapur, you would need updates for Hiriyur to Hospet. You can check the Bangalore-Hampi thread for that
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 07:26   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
The fly in the ointment here is Chitradurga-Hospet. Find out the latest on the Hampi thread. Thats the section which would slow you down because of construction and truck traffic.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 18:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Bijapur Road Queries

Searched the forum but couldn't find any updates relating to the road updates from Bangalore to Bijapur. Would like to know which would be best road as of now.
1st option
https://goo.gl/maps/YTQNTPmqh6GErQj77

2nd option
https://goo.gl/maps/aB8KuhF31yrYkVvBA

Mods: Could not find any thread about Bijapur, please merge if any exists.
Old 13th January 2020, 22:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

Update on the roads i took, to bijapur was this https://goo.gl/maps/oP2DMLaz9A8xZ8Jd7
Till about 20 kms before Bellary, roads are fantastic, even after deviating from Hyderabad road. After Bellary too, for few kms roads are not so good. After from Daroji till we hit NH50 via Kampli, Gangavathi, it is single lane good but easily maintainable good speed. Once you join NH50, it is 4 lane road but most irritating part on this stretch till Bijapur is the dozens of humps at each junctions/road crossings. These humps cannot be cleared in high speed as they are actual humps and atleast dozen of them together, which is very annoying. Except this, the roads are good all the way till Bijapur city entrance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks