Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:13   #91
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Amritsar with Family - Any Suggestions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I drove from Delhi to Amritsar on 12/13 September 2011. Eateries and petrol pumps are in plenty all along on both the sides of NH 1. We ate to the brim at Sukhdev Dhabha at Murthal in the evening located on LHS of NH 1. From Murthal to Jalandhar, I counted three McD outlets on NH 1. From Delhi to Panipat, it is super expressway. After Panipat, since road widening works are in progress, there are many diversions, but nothing to worry. Details are here.
Wow. your thread diverted my mind totally from my Delhi-Amritsar trip.It feels as if i am going for a evening walk. Thanks i still have to go through your thread in detail.
Thanks again
keralshobhit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 13:05   #92
BHPian

Gurgaon to Amritsar with Family

Hi all we are planning to do a drive down to Amritsar in our BMW X3 that is my Mom, dad,me and my grandparents. Now I wish to to know, is the route good enough for us to complete the journey in one day? With our grandparents? How much time should it take? Is an overnight stop required?
Old 24th June 2015, 08:01   #93
BHPian

Re: Gurgaon to Amritsar with Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
Hi all we are planning to do a drive down to Amritsar in our BMW X3 that is my Mom, dad,me and my grandparents. Now I wish to to know, is the route good enough for us to complete the journey in one day? With our grandparents? How much time should it take? Is an overnight stop required?
Hi CarLoverJosh.

With regards to your query, one can easily complete Delhi - Amritsar in a day at a decent speed. It is a total of 450 Kms.
Delhi-Ambala - 200.
Ambala - Amritsar - 250.

The route that you can follow is : Delhi - Panipat - Ambala - Ludhiana - Jalandhar - Amritsar. Barring a few patches in between, the route is very good. You can expect to reach your destination in a maximum of 10 hours.
Cheers.
Hunter3077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:12   #94

Re: Gurgaon to Amritsar with Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Hi CarLoverJosh.

With regards to your query, one can easily complete Delhi - Amritsar in a day at a decent speed. It is a total of 450 Kms.
Delhi-Ambala - 200.
Ambala - Amritsar - 250.

The route that you can follow is : Delhi - Panipat - Ambala - Ludhiana - Jalandhar - Amritsar. Barring a few patches in between, the route is very good. You can expect to reach your destination in a maximum of 10 hours.
Cheers.
Thanks. I am planning to do this on 28th Aug morning. This help will come in handy. Is there a detailed thread on this trip?
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

Route update

I did Amritsar this weekend (18 – 19 Feb), my third drive to the place in 3 years. The route is fantastic now, with Delhi – Panipat – Ambala – Ludhiana – Jalandhar being butter smooth. The only places you'll slow down is 2 spots within Ludhiana city, and 2 spots between Jalandhar and Amritsar. With one meal stop, easily doable in 7 to 7.5 hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks