Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 11:06   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
I found one restaurant called 'Junglee',They also serve Thali along with Chinese, Punjabi and Maharashtrian food.
It seems that Junglee improved its menu card in last 20 years.
We engg college guys used to cycle @15KM till ''The only place'' or '' junglee'' on sundays to have food.
During those days, Junglee served only maharashtrian food.
Peanut chutney and bajra roti is famous at that place, try it.

Another good dhaba near ujani dam is '' Major ka dhaaba'' located between ujani dam bridge and ujani channel bridge.
I am not sure whether it is still running, river fish curry is famous at that place.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 15th November 2011 at 11:16.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:43   #137
Senior - BHPian

Well theres another one called Aviraj,where we regularly stop and food is amazing as well.This comes much before the BP depot and is situated onto your left.Approx 4kms from the end of the Bypass towards Pune
Old 17th November 2011, 09:15   #138
BHPian

Hi,
I am planning a drive from Pune - Hyderabad on 24th December with wife and 6 yr old daughter.
The route planned is pretty much NH9: Pune-Indapur-Sholapur-Zaheerabad-Lingampally (Hyd).
Should I take the Baramati route instead of full fledged NH9?
Old 17th November 2011, 13:12   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Hi,
I am planning a drive from Pune - Hyderabad on 24th December with wife and 6 yr old daughter.
The route planned is pretty much NH9: Pune-Indapur-Sholapur-Zaheerabad-Lingampally (Hyd).
It depends on the time of starting. If you are planning to start in the late evening / night, then NH9 would be the better option in my opinion. Else you can choose between both of these.
I didn't take the Baramati route to comment on the latest route conditions. Also, the sugar cane carts movement might be more on the Baramati stretch I guess. Pls check.

Happy driving !

Last edited by Maverick79 : 17th November 2011 at 13:15.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:19   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
It depends on the time of starting. If you are planning to start in the late evening / night, then NH9 would be the better option in my opinion. Else you can choose between both of these.
I didn't take the Baramati route to comment on the latest route conditions. Also, the sugar cane carts movement might be more on the Baramati stretch I guess. Pls check.

Happy driving !
Thanks, I will start early morning from Pune. Around 5 months ago had been to Bhigwan and had been stuck in an unruly traffic with my car being just a month old. Though there were no potholes but too many diversions and single carriage nature of highway was a pain. The widening work was in progress that time, so I wanted to know whether some of the widening has been materialized or is it still the same?
Old 17th November 2011, 13:43   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I will start early morning from Pune. Around 5 months ago had been to Bhigwan and had been stuck in an unruly traffic with my car being just a month old. Though there were no potholes but too many diversions and single carriage nature of highway was a pain. The widening work was in progress that time, so I wanted to know whether some of the widening has been materialized or is it still the same?
Widening is still in progress,expect another 2years for the stretch to be completed.Take the Baramati stretch so that atleast you have peace of mind till Indapur.Ofcourse you would still have to face the sugarcane carts,but better off dealing with them on this road as opposed to dealing with them on the nh9 with hardly any road shoulder at many places.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 11:14   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
As of now, 12mati-indapur route is full of sugarcane cart traffic, avoid it.

On NH9, you will not face any problem till kurkumbh from pune, you may face traffic jam near bhigwan town as road widening is going on and single lane is available for the traffic, bhigwan-indapur is also full of sugarcane carts and tractors.
After indapur, you will not face any traffic jam related problem except at ujani bridge.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 16:29   #143
Senior - BHPian

The bad stretch seems to be between Temburni-Kurkumbh.
Any update on this stretch Temburni-Karmala-Siddtek-Daund-Patas so that we can
avoid the bad stretch of road between Temburni-Kurkumbh.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 17:31   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Any update on this stretch Temburni-Karmala-Siddtek-Daund-Patas so that we can
@gajadonga,
nice finding from google maps but......the route you mentioned is long and so bad that i do not dare to comment on road condition.
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:29   #145

I'm planning a trip to a couple of hill-stations around Pune. Just wanted to check with you folks who've been there done that, a few questions!

1) Any idea on the present road condition from Hyderabad <--> Pune? I recently drove from Hyderabad to Bidar and found the roads awesome until I took the detour to Bidar from NH9. How is the NH9 beyond this stretch? Is it fully 4-laned? Is there some road widening work going around near Solapur?
2) Though I know I want to go to some hill-station, I've not finalized which ones! Any suggestions for an early-April visit?
Old 24th February 2012, 11:49   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaCity2K6 View Post
1) Any idea on the present road condition from Hyderabad <--> Pune? I recently drove from Hyderabad to Bidar and found the roads awesome until I took the detour to Bidar from NH9. How is the NH9 beyond this stretch? Is it fully 4-laned? Is there some road widening work going around near Solapur?
Bad roads beyond homnabad.road widening works in progress between solapur and pune.budget for a 12 hr drive between hyd and pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaCity2K6 View Post
2) Though I know I want to go to some hill-station, I've not finalized which ones! Any suggestions for an early-April visit?
Mahabaleshwar,Lonavla,Khandala.All of them would be warm though
Old 24th April 2012, 16:18   #147
BHPian

Will drive from Pune to Hydrebad this Friday and return on next Tuesday...after reading this thread made up my mind to take the Pune - Satara - Pandharpur - Solapur - Hydreabad route. Planning to start after signing off from office around 5PM...I will drive with my wife...so to avoid a night drive I was thinking whether to spend the night at Solapur and start early morning for Hydrebad...Please suggest

Thanks,
Livetodrive
Old 25th April 2012, 00:31   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Will drive from Pune to Hydrebad this Friday and return on next Tuesday...after reading this thread made up my mind to take the Pune - Satara - Pandharpur - Solapur - Hydreabad route. Planning to start after signing off from office around 5PM...I will drive with my wife...so to avoid a night drive I was thinking whether to spend the night at Solapur and start early morning for Hydrebad...Please suggest

Thanks,
Livetodrive
Pune-Hyd by night is not a very desirable thing IMO.Facilities are very poor and the 4 laning makes the road very difficult between Pune and Solapur.Truck traffic is also very high and lack of road shoulder at many places makes overtaking quite difficult.Overall I wouldnt do it in the night.

If you do intend to spend the night at Solapur,City Park,Tripurasundari,Lotus are some of the ok hotels.No great shakes any of these.There is a Fern opening up on the NH9 on the bypass,not sure if thats open though.

You could also consider Pune-Kapurhole-Narayanpur-Saswad-Jejuri-Morgaon-Baramati-Indapur-Solapur.Roads are good.Irrespective of the route budget for a 5-6 hour drive from Pune to Solapur.5pm is a terrible time to leave Pune.Solapur-Patancheru(Hyd outskirts) is another 5hour drive.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 11:06   #149
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit, since I have to join office on Wednesday, I dont want to spend complete two days in driving, lets see how the trip goes, will share my experience once I am back.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:28   #150
BHPian

Hi All,

As told earlier, I drove from Pune to Hydrebad on last Saturday and came back on Wednesday. Me and my wife, one colleague and his sister, four of us. I had to drop my colleague and his sister to Hydreabad and I stayed till Tuesday. Though we planned to drive on Friday after lunch, we could not make it since just after starting around 3 PM we hit Mumbai Pune expressway and we felt the car is jerking while accelerating. We had to pull over to the nearest Hyundai service station. The service engineer, after connecting the data aquistion system to the debug port, told that it either might be an electrical/wiring problem or there is a problem with the Camp Shaft sensor (CMP Sensor). My car already running for 90K odd KMs needed a timing belt check which was pending. He pulled out a similar sensor from another Santro, plugged it in and the instrument displayed no errors even after a test drive of 10KMs. But, then came the news, the part was not in their inventory and in fact nowhere except a Hyundai dealer in Satara. So, we had no other way but to cancel our road trip and go by bus.

Surprisingly, while going back home, I drove another 30KMs from the expressway and the car was absolutely fine. We thought either the service guy forgot to replace the part with mine or some thing else has resolved the issue which we were unable to figure out. It was already 8PM and we thought we will give another try next day morning 4am.

After a dissapointing and tiring day we came back home but with hope that next day should be trouble free. After few hours of sleep we hit the road again at morning 4am. We already had planned to avoid NH9 till Solapur and we took the deviated route: Pune - Shirwal (60KMs by expressway towards Bangalore) - Phaltan (60KMs) - Pandharpur (107KM) - Mohol (45KM) - Solapur (34KM) - Hydrebad (303KM). Total 593KM, time 12 hours.

Except Shirwal to Phaltan and Mohol to Solapur stretches the route was pretty good. Its easy to find the left turn for Phaltan from the Mumbai Pune expressway. If you cant you can ask for Phaltan or Pandharpur phata. IVRCL is working on the Shirwal to Phaltan stretch and there are many diversions. It took around 1.5 hours to cross this 60KM path. But after Phaltan you can cruise with an average of 50-55KMPH. After reaching Pandharpur you have to cross a river through a narrow bridge and might get stuck because of traffic jam. After crossing the bridge, the way to Mohol is nice and you will enjoy this short 45KM road. The road from Phaltan to Mohol is hassle free with almost no traffic. But after Mohol you have to experience thick traffic on NH9 till Solapur along with some diversions. Solapur to Hydrebad section is a nice single lane with moderate traffic depending on the day you are travelling. You have to cross a section which goes through Karnataka and suddenly you will find road condition has improved. Last 25KMs is a double lane highway before reaching Hydrebad. Starting @4am we reached our home in Hydrebad at evening 5PM. We halted for breakfast at Pandharpur (Hotel Aishwarya), lunch at Noor (after crossing Solapur on NH9).

I took the same route while coming back and found I have taken a wrong decision. I have no clue why the diversions between Phaltan and Shirwal were more bumpy while coming back and it was already dark with almost no traffic. Its better to drive this route only during daytime.

Thanks,
livetodrive
livetodrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed