Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2012, 17:01   #181
BHPian

re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

BHPians, planning to drive to Hyd on 20'July with a friend. Will be starting early in the morning(~4AM from Pimple Nilakh. Do you think I can reach Hyd by 2-3PM if I take the NH9? Have been following the thread for the past few days and it it's been a mixed view with people doing this stretch between 9-12hrs.

I usually take the train from Pune and bus for the return journey. Volvo's take anywhere between 9-10hrs on most of the occassions(KPHB-Aundh). Which route do you think are the bus drivers taking?
Old 4th July 2012, 10:01   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
BHPians, planning to drive to Hyd on 20'July with a friend. Will be starting early in the morning(~4AM from Pimple Nilakh. Do you think I can reach Hyd by 2-3PM if I take the NH9? Have been following the thread for the past few days and it it's been a mixed view with people doing this stretch between 9-12hrs.

I usually take the train from Pune and bus for the return journey. Volvo's take anywhere between 9-10hrs on most of the occassions(KPHB-Aundh). Which route do you think are the bus drivers taking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If its a night drive,then stick to the NH9 via Hadapsar.the Pandharpur route is very lonely at night between satara and mohol.Just be careful driving on the NH9 at night and road works are in full swing and road shoulder is virtually not there at many places.exercise great caution while overtaking and while giving side as at places there is no road shoulder to get off the road.
We did the drive on 29th June. Started from Warje, Pune @ 6pm and reached Kavuri Hills, Hyderabad by 3:45 am. The Road is good to drive even @ night.

Drive Times:
Warje: 6:10 pm
Warje - Hadapsar - 7:00 pm, City Traffic
Hadapsar - Indapur - 9:40 pm averaged around 50kmph here. Road work with diversions. Missed a Couple of Diversions but the road was good. Sugarcane tractors were occupying the first line slowing down the traffic. Medium traffic. Minimal Shoulder though

Indapur - Sholapur - 11:00 pm, Diversions again. No Clear directions for bypass in Sholapur. Minimal Shoulder

Sholapur Dinner, 12:00 am. Lost time here

Sholapur to Patancheruvu-3:30 am. Road was free of traffic. Roads in MH and AP were smooth but Karnataka was bad. Came across only 10 buses. I was of the opinion buses take this route till sholapur and fro there the diversions start

Patancheruvu - Kvarui Hills, 3:45 am ORR. 120kpmh drive all along. very little traffic

We were in an Innova. Top speeds touched were around 120 kmph where possible.

Last edited by indian21r : 4th July 2012 at 10:06. Reason: quoting others
Old 4th July 2012, 11:02   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Hadapsar - Indapur - Sugarcane tractors were occupying the first line slowing down the traffic.
surprised to know that there was sugarcane tractor traffic.
The sugar mills in this area had already shut their shop in the month of May itself.
Old 4th July 2012, 12:01   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
surprised to know that there was sugarcane tractor traffic. The sugar mills in this area had already shut their shop in the month of May itself.
It was not too heavy traffic but we saw close to 10 tractors with 2 trailers each
Old 4th July 2012, 12:19   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Warje, Pune @ 6pm and reached Kavuri Hills, Hyderabad by 3:45 am. The Road is good to drive even @ night.

That's a pretty good time you covered the distance in. So do you suggest me to stick to the NH9 as I'm planning for an early morning drive?
Old 4th July 2012, 13:15   #186
BHPian

Quote:
That's a pretty good time you covered the distance in. So do you suggest me to stick to the NH9 as I'm planning for an early morning drive?
I would suggest NH9. Mornings should be even more easy to drive. And plan to start around 3:30 am so that you can be in Sholapur latest by 8-8:30 am. You can avoid any local traffic near the bypass as well. Further till it is 5 am you will be in a divided road. You will not face much Bus traffic as all the bus guys are doing Saswad route for the last 1 year

By the way what car are you driving in. Have a safe drive
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:14   #187
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest NH9. Mornings should be even more easy to drive. And plan to start around 3:30 am so that you can be in Sholapur latest by 8-8:30 am. You can avoid any local traffic near the bypass as well. Further till it is 5 am you will be in a divided road. You will not face much Bus traffic as all the bus guys are doing Saswad route for the last 1 year

By the way what car are you driving in. Have a safe drive
Thanks a lot indian21r.I'm planning to start around the same time and I'll be driving in the Fabia.

Also, are there are enough Fuel stations on the Highway or do you suggest me to get it filled in Pune before I start?

When I see some roadwork happening, the Fuel pumps are left alone with no path for vehicles to get through from the highway. Is that the case here too?
Old 4th July 2012, 15:11   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot indian21r.I'm planning to start around the same time and I'll be driving in the Fabia.

Also, are there are enough Fuel stations on the Highway or do you suggest me to get it filled in Pune before I start?

When I see some roadwork happening, the Fuel pumps are left alone with no path for vehicles to get through from the highway. Is that the case here too?
You do not have to worry at all about the Fuel pumps. They are plenty of them. Anyway top up in the city and you can refill again once you reach Hyderabad. In the mornings you need to be wary of people, animals crossing.
Old 16th July 2012, 11:05   #189
BHPian

Has anyone traveled in this route within the past 2weeks? Am just looking for a heads-up warning signs as the time for me to travel is just 3days away.

Planning to start by 4AM - Reach Solapur by 9AM - Hyderabad(Miyapur) by 1PM. Do you guys think it's achievable? Any good places to have breakfast on the way??
Old 16th July 2012, 13:16   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone traveled in this route within the past 2weeks? Am just looking for a heads-up warning signs as the time for me to travel is just 3days away.

Planning to start by 4AM - Reach Solapur by 9AM - Hyderabad(Miyapur) by 1PM. Do you guys think it's achievable? Any good places to have breakfast on the way??
Difficult to reach HYD from Pune in 9hrs irrespective of the route (NH9/Pandharpur/Baramati).Budget for a 11-12hr drive.No place enroute for eating,except for some unclean dhabas before solapur which I doubt would be open so early.Best would be to carry packed breakfast with you.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:29   #191
BHPian

Quote:

You will find Nisarg Hotel on to your left side while travelling from Pune to Solapur. This place is approximately 10 km before Solapur. You might miss it incase you are not vigilant. The other landmark is a COCO BP pump, which is just besides this hotel.They have a separate section for breakfast and is a very good eating option while travelling with family.

Last edited by zen91 : 16th July 2012 at 20:31.
Old 17th July 2012, 11:06   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
You will find Nisarg Hotel on to your left side while travelling from Pune to Solapur. This place is approximately 10 km before Solapur. You might miss it incase you are not vigilant. The other landmark is a COCO BP pump, which is just besides this hotel.They have a separate section for breakfast and is a very good eating option while travelling with family.
Thanks. Hope I don't miss it. If there are sign boards 1 or 2kms ahead of the BP pump, I should be able to find it.

Quote:
Difficult to reach HYD from Pune in 9hrs irrespective of the route (NH9/Pandharpur/Baramati).Budget for a 11-12hr drive.No place enroute for eating,except for some unclean dhabas before solapur which I doubt would be open so early.Best would be to carry packed breakfast with you.
Agree with you on the timeline, but with indian21r making the drive in 8:30hrs(from Hadapsar-Patancheru) with an hr break for dinner , am just optimistic on the 9hrs drive.
Thanks for the headsup warning, will carry some stuff to eat on the way, just incase I don't find any decent place to eat.
Old 17th July 2012, 14:43   #193
BHPian

Planning to do Pune-Hyd in the coming month (maybe 15th evening) with my parents, wife and almost two year old son. Had a few questions:

1. I need to be in Secunderabad latest by 9:00 AM. So by what time I should be starting from Pune? (I am very sedate driver seldom crossing speeds of 90 KMPH, especially when with family and kid)
2. Are the road conditions good enough so that my Figo does not scrape bottom with full cabin and boot?
3. Is night driving safe on the Sholapur road? (I prefer night driving over day!)
4. Are there any special things to keep in mind while crossing MH, KA and AP borders?

So far what I have planned is to start from Pune around 10:00 PM and drive through the night and reach Hyd by 8:30 - 9:00 AM. Since its only me who is going to drive, would like to know which places are safe to hault for refreshments with family?

Thanks in advance!
Old 17th July 2012, 15:07   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT
Planning to do Pune-Hyd in the coming month (maybe 15th evening) with my parents, wife and almost two year old son. Had a few questions:

1. I need to be in Secunderabad latest by 9:00 AM. So by what time I should be starting from Pune? (I am very sedate driver seldom crossing speeds of 90 KMPH, especially when with family and kid)
2. Are the road conditions good enough so that my Figo does not scrape bottom with full cabin and boot?
3. Is night driving safe on the Sholapur road? (I prefer night driving over day!)
4. Are there any special things to keep in mind while crossing MH, KA and AP borders?

So far what I have planned is to start from Pune around 10:00 PM and drive through the night and reach Hyd by 8:30 - 9:00 AM. Since its only me who is going to drive, would like to know which places are safe to hault for refreshments with family?

Thanks in advance!
Budget for a 12hr drive+- 2hrs(dependent on truck traffic)No safety issues on NH9.You wouldnt get any good places to stop enroute(there are none during daytime either!)You would find some truck dhabas here and there beyond Solapur.No issues with night driving just be careful between solapur and pune as road work is in full swing and road shoulders dont exist at many places.I drive a Figo as well and you would face absolutely no problems .Carry original PUc/license/insurance/RC.No issues with black tints.Carry food with you.If you have an option of doing a day drive,I would reccomend a day drive over a night drive on this highway in its present condition.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 16:14   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Budget for a 12hr drive+- 2hrs(dependent on truck traffic)No safety issues on NH9.You wouldnt get any good places to stop enroute(there are none during daytime either!)You would find some truck dhabas here and there beyond Solapur.No issues with night driving just be careful between solapur and pune as road work is in full swing and road shoulders dont exist at many places.I drive a Figo as well and you would face absolutely no problems .Carry original PUc/license/insurance/RC.No issues with black tints.Carry food with you.If you have an option of doing a day drive,I would reccomend a day drive over a night drive on this highway in its present condition.
Thanks for your valuabe inputs Ranjit!

Since I will be in the office on 15th till late evening, and I have to reach Hyd on 16th morning, will have to do the night drive. So a day drive is really not possible. Anyways, almost all my drives till now (Surat, Indore, Agra etc) have been non stop night drives. This is the first time I am doing Hyd drive, so had a few apprehensions. But you have already cleared them for me!

One more thing I wanted to ask is, does Sholapur have a bypass? If yes, are there any markings or landmark I need to keep in mind? (I will traveling from Pune towards Hyd)

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks