Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2016, 17:20   #526

Hi,

Recently been to Pune on 19-Nov by Volvo sleeper (night time), and could notice that the route from Hyd to Solapur via zaheerabad is not in a good shape from the vibrations. I cannot comment on the alternate route since never travelled by that,

Hyd-Pune: HKB sleeper couch (Volvo)
Pune-Hyd: Morning Star Sleeper +non Volvo).

Hope that helps.

Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2016, 17:24   #527
BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
If you are planning for a halt no matter what, Solapur is your best bet and not after.
Besides Hotel City Park, are there any other hotels to recommend in Solapur?
Old 24th November 2016, 12:36   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Hi,

Should I avoid Sangareddy - Zaheerabad - Omerga completely to reach Solapur and take Chevella - Gulbarga - Aland - Akkalkot route instead?

I will be starting from Raidurgam.

Thanks,

Sangareddy-Zaheerabad-Omerga is a complete no. Please take Chevella-Gulbarga-Aland-Akkalkot route. I did both the routes on 11th and 13th Nov.
zen91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 11:28   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Besides Hotel City Park, are there any other hotels to recommend in Solapur?
Hotel Lotus on the vip road is a good option

The Fern residency was coming up bang on nh9 ,not sure if that is completed/open for business
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 21:07   #530
BHPian

Drove to Pune this Saturday and came back yesterday. Last time I drove this route was on 2014 Diwali. In both stretches (Pune - Solapur and Chevella-Gulbarga-Aland-Akkalkot) tarmac has improved a lot since then.

Apart from Solapur - Akkalkot stretch nothing to complaint. Food is available mainly in Pune - Solapur. In the other half, there are good options in Gulbarga.

While driving down, started at 6:30 am from Raidurgam and reached Kharadi bypass at 4:15 PM with a breakfast, lunch and petrol break. Also, GPS navigation was taking me to the town centers, for which I had to pull over, check the map, set the next destination and move on. If roads are known, this 588 KM should be doable in 9 hours.

While driving back, I was in no hurry. So took some snaps on the way and enjoyed the drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20161204_133336678.jpg  

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_20161204_120154372_hdr.jpg  

Old 7th December 2016, 11:53   #531
BHPian

Did Hyderabad-Gulbarga-Akkalkot-Solapur-Pune on 2nd December and back on 5th December .

Onward :. Started from Ameerpet at 8 am . Road till Telangana border was not bad. On entering Karnataka , there was a visible change in the road quality . straight and smooth . Road between Akkalkot to Solapur was terrible . Especially inside Akkalkot town. God awful .Had lunch in New President Dhaba, akkalkot . Sholapur to Pune , roads were very good but we hit heavy traffic . Way too many trucks and speeding cars . It was very competitive. Reached Hinjewadi at 9pm.

Return : Started at 6.30 am from Hinjewadi . Road till Solapur was much more relaxing as there was sparse traffic . Had breakfast in Vittal Kamat in the Solapur highway . Reached KPHB by 7pm . Overall if you ignore the bad stretch from Akalkot to Gulbarga , this drive is not so bad . It’s a nice drive through villages .

Pic 1 is the road after entering Karnataka from Telangana .
Pic 2 is the road between Aland & Akkalkot . Trust me it gets worse .
Attached Thumbnails
Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-road-after-entering-karnataka.jpeg  

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-bad-stretch-before-entering-akkalakot.jpeg  

Old 29th December 2016, 13:29   #532
BHPian

I agree with other fellow travellers here. Do not use NH9 for now. Better look for alternatives.
Please see my post on the road conditions in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4117977
Old 9th January 2017, 15:35   #533
BHPian

Hi there,

I just did a Hyderabad to Pune trip on 28th Dec. Started early morning by 4.30 am and reached pune by 1pm. From Hyderabad,I took the route Hyderabad - Chevella - Gulbarga - Akkalkot - Solapur _ Pune.

The road condition is good to very good and it helps if you leave early morning or late night when there is no traffic. Karnataka roads are way better than Telangana ones. Maharashtra is obsessed with Speed breakers. You will find plenty once you enter Maharashtra.

There are absolutely no decent eating places along the way. Not even decent bathrooms. So you will have to cater to that. Some pictures of the roads in the current condition is given below. The roads are more or less like this till you reach Solapur. I did not come across any road work in the route mentioned above or any really bad roads for a long stretch.

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_1618.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-img_1619.jpg
chipsnchops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 13:01   #534
BHPian

Looking to travel to Hyderabad by road on the coming weekend or the week after. Will be having a 3 year old along with me. So basically looking for suggestions on good places to eat on the way.

Planning to leave Pune by 4-5 AM (worst case 6 and not a minute later) if things go fine and hit Solapur by 8ish (hope it's doable). So a stop for breakfast and later for lunch is what I would be looking for pointers on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 11th January 2017, 14:48   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Planning to leave Pune by 4-5 AM (worst case 6 and not a minute later) if things go fine and hit Solapur by 8ish (hope it's doable). So a stop for breakfast and later for lunch is what I would be looking for pointers on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
You didn't mention which route you would be taking. Anyways, for breakfast you can find a plenty until Solapur, Nisarg(next to BP storage/COCO pump) IIRC is one , about 15-20kms before Solapur, you can rely on it as the last option as I don't remember any after this.
If you are sticking to NH, not many decent options for lunch until Zaheerabad. If you are planning to take the Akkalkot-Gulbarga route(recommended), you can stop at Gulbarga.

Last edited by 21Archer84 : 11th January 2017 at 14:51.
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:16   #536
BHPian

Sorry. Missed mentioning the route. it will be

Pune - Solapur - Akkalkot - Gulbarga - Chevella - Hyderabad.

Will be taking the same on the return leg as well
Old 12th January 2017, 12:33   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Sorry. Missed mentioning the route. it will be

Pune - Solapur - Akkalkot - Gulbarga - Chevella - Hyderabad.

Will be taking the same on the return leg as well
For breakfast you can stop at Vithal Kamat at Mohol.(washrooms are suspect)https://goo.gl/maps/KqGLi6dtjZG2

For Lunch you can stop at SiddhiPriya which comes to your left on Gulbarga outskirts on Sedam road.The place is bang opposite the ESIC Hospital(to your right,you will not miss the ESI Hospital as it is modelled on the lines of a palace).It is the typical Multicuisine-thali kind of place.

You could also stop at the Brewberry's Coffee Bar which is an upmarket(for Gulbarga standards) coffee place with sanwiches/pasta etc.For this you would need to take a U-Turn on the same road,before you reach ESI Hospital.Check below urls for photographs.

Siddhipriya:https://goo.gl/maps/WxCceay6Xu22
https://www.facebook.com/siddhipriyahotels/

Brewberrys:https://goo.gl/maps/G5FDX6hhTML2
https://www.facebook.com/BrewberrysGulbarga/

While coming from Akkalkot,stick to the Ring Road at Gulbarga and take the Sedam exit.Do not enter the town.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 20:06   #538
BHPian

I will be riding from Pune to Leonia Resorts, Hyderabad in the last week of January. As suggested by almost everyone here, will skip NH9 and take the Pune-Solapur-Akkalkot-Gulbarga- Sedam-Shankarpally road. As two wheelers are not allowed on the ORR, will take the following road to reach Leonia resorts.
https://goo.gl/9sWh2G

Have heard a lot about hyderabad city traffic and hence skipping going thru the city. Is this a right thing to do or would i be better off going through the city?
Old 15th January 2017, 22:12   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
I will be riding from Pune to Leonia Resorts, Hyderabad in the last week of January. As suggested by almost everyone here, will skip NH9 and take the Pune-Solapur-Akkalkot-Gulbarga- Sedam-Shankarpally road. As two wheelers are not allowed on the ORR, will take the following road to reach Leonia resorts. https://goo.gl/9sWh2G

Have heard a lot about hyderabad city traffic and hence skipping going thru the city. Is this a right thing to do or would i be better off going through the city?
1) You have not indicated the day of the week and the time of the day which are crucial inputs needed to be able to respond.

2) You have not marked how you intend to reach Shankarpally from Pargi Road / Manneguda.

3) Assuming that you will reach Manneguda on a weekday around or before 4pm, I suggest Manneguda onwards as : https://goo.gl/maps/HiQL7S3GEj22 . Should take you between 2 to 3 hours, and if, you are reaching on a sunday or a holiday, less than 2 hours.

4) Hyderabad traffic is as dense as Pune traffic during peak hours on a weekday so nothing should surprise you.
Old 17th January 2017, 14:44   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1) You have not indicated....weekday so nothing should surprise you.
"1) You have not indicated the day of the week and the time of the day which are crucial inputs needed to be able to respond."

I will be starting from Pune on the 25th of January, its a Wednesday, and reaching Hyderabad on the same day between 2-4pm.

"2) You have not marked how you intend to reach Shankarpally from Pargi Road / Manneguda."

Here's the link for the route from Solapur. https://goo.gl/d0rFS2
Well the whole point of taking this route from Shankarpally is to avoid city traffic. I have been on the road going to the airport and also NH 65 while going to Rajahmundry. Our experience during that ride was that there is no parallel road to the ORR. It breaks quit a bit of times and it was a pain to find the road.
However, on the other side, i.e. Muthangi-Dayara...google maps shows a road running parallel to the ORR, hence I thought of taking that road.
However, if going through the city is a better idea, then I will skip this.

Also, google maps shows Gulbarga- Humnabad- Leonia to be 26 km shorter than Gulbarga-Sedam-Manneguda-Hyderabad city-Leonia. Albeit, the time remains the same.

Would Gulbarga- Humnabad- Leonia be a better road than going through hyderabad city?

Last edited by raghuvir : 17th January 2017 at 14:59. Reason: Additional information.

Most Viewed