Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 15:53   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
"1) You have not indicated the day of the week and the time of the day which are crucial inputs needed to be able to respond."

I will be starting from Pune on the 25th of January, its a Wednesday, and reaching Hyderabad on the same day between 2-4pm.

"2) You have not marked how you intend to reach Shankarpally from Pargi Road / Manneguda."

Here's the link for the route from Solapur. https://goo.gl/d0rFS2
Well the whole point of taking this route from Shankarpally is to avoid city traffic. I have been on the road going to the airport and also NH 65 while going to Rajahmundry. Our experience during that ride was that there is no parallel road to the ORR. It breaks quit a bit of times and it was a pain to find the road.
However, on the other side, i.e. Muthangi-Dayara...google maps shows a road running parallel to the ORR, hence I thought of taking that road.
However, if going through the city is a better idea, then I will skip this.

Also, google maps shows Gulbarga- Humnabad- Leonia to be 26 km shorter than Gulbarga-Sedam-Manneguda-Hyderabad city-Leonia. Albeit, the time remains the same.

Would Gulbarga- Humnabad- Leonia be a better road than going through hyderabad city?
Homnabad to Hyd,road is all broken and undergoing widening.

If you are coming via Gulbarga,my reccomendation would be to stick to the route suggested by Hyd_Traveller:

Sedam-Manneguda-APPA Jn-Tolichowki-Mehdipatnam-Banjara Hill Road1-Punjagutta-Paradise Flyover-Left Turn-Secunderabad Club-Rajiv Gandhi Rahadari-Trimulgherry-Leonia Resorts.

Budget for a minimum of 2 hours (conservative ride times) from Appa Jn to Leonia during peak hour traffic
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 17:05   #542
BHPian

Quote:
I will be starting from Pune on the 25th of January, its a Wednesday, and reaching Hyderabad on the same day between 2-4pm.
From ORR APPA Junction on the Vikarabad - Hyderabad Highway, going through the city will take you around 2 hours, that too since you will need to ask directions and consult GPS.
Quote:
Well the whole point of taking this route from Shankarpally is to avoid city traffic. However, if going through the city is a better idea, then I will skip this.

Would Gulbarga- Humnabad- Leonia be a better road than going through hyderabad city?
Not worth it. Hyderabad city traffic is not that bad between 2pm and 4pm. It does slightly congest after 3:30pm since schools close. Traffic is more serious between 6pm and 9pm only.

Not at all. Humnabad - Patancheru Highway will break your back even if you were to be driving. Avoid, more so, since you are riding. Plus, you must love your vehicle/ride.

I will suggest this route which is slightly different than the one suggested by Ranjith (cross the lake anticlockwise, instead of clockwise) : https://goo.gl/maps/DTDyUyTD1yj
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 16:27   #543
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to BeingHyderabadi on twitter for sharing this:

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-c1zkqs1vqaesk9c.jpg
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 07:54   #544
BHPian

I'm travelling from Hyderabad to Pune on my Duster tomorrow.
Would go to office and then probably start at 11 A.M
What would be the best way to take and what might be the travel time ? Should I start any earlier or is it alright.
Old 16th February 2017, 12:58   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
I'm travelling from Hyderabad to Pune on my Duster tomorrow.
Would go to office and then probably start at 11 A.M
What would be the best way to take and what might be the travel time ? Should I start any earlier or is it alright.
Can you please share details of road and traffic conditions? I am planning a Pune-Hyderabad trip next month and would be helpful to know the latest updates.
Old 17th February 2017, 00:25   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Can you please share details of road and traffic conditions? I am planning a Pune-Hyderabad trip next month and would be helpful to know the latest updates.
I took the Hyderabad - kalaburgi - akkalkot - Solapur - Pune route.

Solapur to Pune is a two lane tolled road which is great.
Solapur to akkalkot which is for about 35kms is bad especially the road within akkalkot village.

Rest of the road till Hyderabad is very good though single laned.
(MH and KA roads are newly laid and super smooth while the TELANGANA side is bumpy with patches)You should be able to maintain good speeds.

In between , at kalaburgi for about 7 Kms you would take the bypass ring road which has bad patches as well. At peak times, kalaburgi has slow moving traffic as well in which I wasted 30min easily.
Totally it took me 11 hours with breaks included.
Old 3rd April 2017, 19:25   #547
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Anyone travelled to hyderabad via omerga - Humnabad - Zaheerabad ?

I had done the same around a year back, Mumbai - Pune - Solapur - Omerga - Humnabad - Zaheerabad, Roads till solapur was a dream, After that a nightmare all the way till hyderabad, 4 Lane was under construction big time, Included lots and lots of patches and diversions, The construction were in full swing though and now surprisingly google maps doesn't show any yellow patches when searched for this route, Previously there used to be a lot of yellow patches indicating work in progress and diversions, Just got me curious if the work is completed, If so, This route would be the shortest and new tar tarmac would be a dream to drive, I also remember the route having lot of arrow straight roads which also means good average speeds, Reducing total driving time along the scenic view.

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-screen-shot-20170403-7.16.41-pm.png
Old 9th April 2017, 08:08   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
now surprisingly google maps doesn't show any yellow patches when searched for this route
Hi, there are about a 100 yellow patches on this route on my gmaps. Yours must have some setting disabling them. Please stick to kalaburagi route if you're planning to travel in the near future.

We need solid confirmation before we can go back to NH9.
Old 10th April 2017, 15:01   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Hi, there are about a 100 yellow patches on this route on my gmaps. Yours must have some setting disabling them.
My settings are fine, I suppose number of car's using Google maps at that particular time would be very less resulting in inaccurate data.

Quote:
Please stick to kalaburagi route if you're planning to travel in the near future.
Was thinking the same.

Quote:
We need solid confirmation before we can go back to NH9.
Indeed.
Old 10th April 2017, 15:06   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Guys, Anyone travelled to hyderabad via omerga - Humnabad - Zaheerabad ?
My cousin drove from Ahmedabad to Hyderabad a month back and roads from Solapur to Hyderabad are still in shambles as major 4-lane work is still happening. I think it is best to avoid this route until end of 2017

Best is to take below route

Pune-Solapur-Akkalkote-Kalburgi-Pargi-Sedam-Hyderabad

I have taken the above route a few times in last 6 months and it's a perfectly fine route and is just 30kms more than Solapur-Omerga-Hyderabad route
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 18:55   #551
BHPian

Drove to Mumbai and back over the weekend.

Update on NH9:

Omerga - Solapur stretch is very bad.

Many sections of new highway opened (between zaheerabad to omerga) while there are many under construction sections and diversions.

Avoid NH 9

Update on Solapur - Kalaburagi - Hyderabad section:

The bad stretches:

Google maps directed me through Solapur bypass road to exit the city and join akkalkot road. This bypass road is bad for about 12-13 kms.

Roads inside Akkalkot town are very bad for about 2-3 kms.

The roads in manneguda, parigi, chevella and moinabad towns were bad. Chevella was very bad with many potholes. These were all for 1-2 kms each.

Barring these stretches , the roads are in excellent condition in Karnataka and average once you cross over into Telangana. But way better than NH 9

Took me around 6 hrs from Solapur to ORR entry point.

Pune Solapur blissful road with lot of new food joints along the way.

Last edited by Drivethru : 3rd May 2017 at 19:01.
Old 4th May 2017, 08:37   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Pune Solapur blissful road with lot of new food joints along the way.
How much time it took from Solapur to Pune? Also which car were you driving?

I have been on Hyderabad to Solapur stretch a few times in 3-4 months both on a motorcycle as well as car and agreed some stretches for a few kms are in bad conditions but, nothing really to complain as they are still useable

NH9 should be avoided for entire 2017 and should be explored only early 2018
Old 4th May 2017, 10:18   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
How much time it took from Solapur to Pune? Also which car were you driving?

I have been on Hyderabad to Solapur stretch a few times in 3-4 months both on a motorcycle as well as car and agreed some stretches for a few kms are in bad conditions but, nothing really to complain as they are still useable

NH9 should be avoided for entire 2017 and should be explored only early 2018
Solapur to Pune took about 4.5 hours. Bad stretches are Solapur by pass road (I just went by google maps directions to exit Solapur. This was about 12 kms) and roads inside few towns (Akkalkot, Chevella, Parigi, Moinabad etc). Chevella and Akkalkot town roads pretty sad.
Drivethru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 13:32   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Solapur to Pune took about 4.5 hours. Bad stretches are Solapur by pass road (I just went by google maps directions to exit Solapur. This was about 12 kms) and roads inside few towns (Akkalkot, Chevella, Parigi, Moinabad etc). Chevella and Akkalkot town roads pretty sad.
Apart from the roads inside the towns (which I guess should not exceed 1 or 2 km) are the main highways in good condition?
Old 8th May 2017, 14:02   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Apart from the roads inside the towns (which I guess should not exceed 1 or 2 km) are the main highways in good condition?
Yes they are motorable.

If you have an option of taking a flight/train to Pune,Mumbai,then please opt for that option.

Hyd-Pune is definitely not a drive that anyone would enjoy(whether you take the NH9 or take the route via Gulbarga)It is going to stay this way till the Hyd-Solapur stretch is completed(which is going on at snail's pace).
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks