Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2018, 17:03   #646
BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hotel Gujarat is at Basavakalyan, I think.
Seeing google maps, I think, a left immediately thereafter means KSH 125. Which later becomes KSH 51. A right turn means KSH 32 to Aland.
I think you are right. thanks.
Old 7th January 2018, 21:47   #647
BHPian

I will be redoing this round trip of hyd to Pune on 26th long weekend along with my parents.
Will be updating the road conditions .
I will most probably be sticking to the humnabad-omerga-solapur route .
vamsi2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 10:10   #648
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Gujarat [17.829490, 76.916747]

Below is the stretch from Solapur Via Akkalkot

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/So...3126!3e0?hl=en

If one is starting from Solapur around 10AM, which is the better option to reach towards Hotel Gujarat for onward journey till Vijaywada?
  • Via Akkalkot (following above map)
  • Via Naldurg, Omerga (NH65)
Old 8th January 2018, 12:17   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/So...3126!3e0?hl=en

If one is starting from Solapur around 10AM, which is the better option to reach towards Hotel Gujarat for onward journey till Vijaywada?
Avoid Naldurg - Omerga route. Via Akkalkot will be a little longer but better.
ashtrix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 15:30   #650

We went to Hyderabad on 23rd December. We started at 4:45 AM from Magarpatta Pune and reached our hotel at Masabtank at 3:30 PM. We followed Pune - Solapur - Aland - Akkalkot - Gulbarga - Humnabad - ORR - Masbtank route. City traffic was too much, Google said that it was more than usual, there was some procession going on.
Pune to outskirts of Solapur, we covered in 3 hrs and stopped for breakfast. It was a long stop of around 1 hr. We took another short break for lunch, around 30 minutes apart from few short breaks of 5 minutes. There was some diversion near Aland, we had to go through the narrow roads inside the town. We also took a few wrong turn near ORR. A total of 625 Km was covered on the journey.
binil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 17:25   #651
BHPian

Did Hyderabad (Manikonda) to Pune (Wakad) on 1st Jan 2018. Started at 7AM from Manikonda reached Hadapsar by 3PM and Wakad by 4PM, with 30mins breakfast break after Humnabad (Hotel Gujarat), reached 12 Noon to Solapur and straight 3hrs to Hadapsar. Actual travel time for 8.5hrs for 560kms, which was done comfortably speeds in 3 digits on the 4 lane toll roads.

Roads are becoming better (4 lane) in the section of Naldurg to Solapur, one way section should be operational between these 2 sections in another 3 months.
udaygk77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 15:38   #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaygk77 View Post
Did Hyderabad (Manikonda) to Pune (Wakad) on 1st Jan 2018. Started at 7AM from Manikonda reached Hadapsar by 3PM and Wakad by 4PM, with 30mins breakfast break after Humnabad (Hotel Gujarat), reached 12 Noon to Solapur and straight 3hrs to Hadapsar. Actual travel time for 8.5hrs for 560kms, which was done comfortably speeds in 3 digits on the 4 lane toll roads.

Roads are becoming better (4 lane) in the section of Naldurg to Solapur, one way section should be operational between these 2 sections in another 3 months.

I took that road last August, but the condition was terrible. It took hours to cross the Naldurg-Solapur section.

I am planning to drive down again this weekend. I am not sure how much the roads have developed, so which do you think will be a better option - the Naldurg or the Kalaburagi section? I have not taken the latter route before, so not sure what's the condition there like.
Old 27th February 2018, 16:23   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra26 View Post
I took that road last August, but the condition was terrible. It took hours to cross the Naldurg-Solapur section.

I am planning to drive down again this weekend. I am not sure how much the roads have developed, so which do you think will be a better option - the Naldurg or the Kalaburagi section? I have not taken the latter route before, so not sure what's the condition there like.
Just 70 odd km near Naldurg is bad. This remains best choice for the moment. Do not think of Gulbarga route.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 20:43   #654
BHPian

I did this again on 20-Feb, did it in 2hrs a bit leisure, certain portions of Omerga to naldurg with new road is open and slowly we are seeing progress in this section, i guess by summer travel time between Solapur to Omerga should reduce to 90mins.
Old 6th March 2018, 17:10   #655

I went to Mahabaleshwar this time, through the Naldurg section. That section road was terrible and back breaking, but otherwise the drive was pretty good.
Old 11th April 2018, 13:07   #656
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

Thanks to Ajaysingh Chauhan for sharing the following note!

Quote:
Last weekend, I used the route suggested in the above post. As mentioned in the post, roads are good. However, the route has very little help available. Infact, SH51 and SH126 were so deserted that not even a single vehicle passed in either direction for around 50 kms.

There was no shop (not even a small shop selling water) and in case of any issues, one might get stranded in the middle of a jungle. From my experience, it is better to stick with NH as the bad patches are manageable and it is better to avoid night driving on this stretch. Still, if one wants to avoid bad roads, then I would suggest them to take the Solapur-Akkalkot-Kalaburagi-Humanbad route.
Old 21st April 2018, 21:46   #657
BHPian

Hi,
Planning to do a round trip to Hyderabad from Pune. Idea is to leave early morning by around 4-5 AM from pune and reach Hyderabad post lunch.
Return trip might need to be split since I am travelling with my 2 year old baby.
Needed Inputs on below points.
1. Good restaurants for breakfast, lunch on the way to Hyderabad.
2. Good Hotel for night stay near aound Solapur.
We will be 3 of us. Me, wife and kid.
Thanks in advance. :-)
Old 22nd April 2018, 05:54   #658
BHPian

By the time you reach Solapur it might be around 8AM - 9AM and their is a Kamat hotel (on the left side) just 20kms ahead of Solpaur, which also has a Hero Honda show room adjacent to it.

You might reach Karnataka border between 12.30 - 1.30PM, where in Hotel Gujarat (on the left side with a Huge HP Petrol bunk attached) is a good option. Beyond Hotel Gujarat you might have to venture in to Humnabad town and check it. I haven't found any worth mentioning hotel beyond Hotel Gujarat tilll Zaheerabad town.
udaygk77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 06:18   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
2. Good Hotel for night stay near aound Solapur.
We will be 3 of us. Me, wife and kid.
Thanks in advance. :-)
I would suggest against such an option. Enjoy your evening in Hyderabad itself and spend the night here. There are hundreds of options to stay. Early morning, you can drive back to Pune. Better safe than worry!
Old 24th April 2018, 17:27   #660
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Anyone used the , Solapur - Omerga - Humnabad - Zaheerabad route recently?

Google maps shows this is the fastest route and this stretch was horribly under construction when i went around 2 years back, Has the road conditions improved? Need to travel down next week.

Most Viewed