Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2022, 09:24   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Guys, if anyone has recently done Pune-Hyd-Pune, what is the latest road conditions? Asking this on behalf of my friend.
Old 7th August 2022, 10:49   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Guys, if anyone has recently done Pune-Hyd-Pune, what is the latest road conditions? Asking this on behalf of my friend.
I travelled on 5th Aug between Pune - Hyderabad.
90% roads are good.
Stretch between Naldurg and Omerga where there used to be small diversions are now ridden with bigger potholes due to rains.
Overall it’s good to travel by road. It took me 9hrs with breaks.
ramjiramu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 09:48   #873
BHPian

Did a Pune Hyderabad drive during 15th August long weekend. As updated by other members, except the stretch between Naldurg and Omerga(till MH-KA border), rest is good. Even the said section is relatively better for return leg than onwards.
Also, fuel is cheaper in KA as compared to MH and Telangana. Good options for refuelling as well.
Old 19th August 2022, 10:00   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Did a Pune Hyderabad drive
Is any work happening on Naldurg ghat?

I think the section progress is very very slow. There have been diversions since early 2019.
Old 19th August 2022, 10:20   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Is any work happening on Naldurg ghat?
No. There is zero progress on that section. It has became worse as compared to my trip last year. In Naldurg area specially, it looks like even the land allotment hasn’t been done, forget about the work. The remaining villages till Omerga has the space marked and all and just the work is stuck.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 19:55   #876
Senior - BHPian

Had to attend a conference, choose to drive down to Hyderabad from Pune. On the road conditions, Naldurg to Omerga remains bad. I kept the speeds below 80 hence could easily slalom around potholes effectively. Omerga bypass has some bad patches but can be easily dodged at moderate speeds. Return leg was comparatively better. As usual stopped at Gujarat hotel for lunch and to tank up the car since Diesel is cheapest in KA than MH and TS. MH police as usual were on their extortion tactics. I was flagged down near Naldurg fort. Since I had all the papers in order, I was let off.
I managed to get a speeding ticket, all thanks to MH police, was doing 97 and the limit was 90, pretty evident that enforcement was to extort and not on safety as they park their ertigas on locations where you can’t see them easily.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 21st August 2022 at 20:00.
rakesh_r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 10:29   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I managed to get a speeding ticket, all thanks to MH police, was doing 97 and the limit was 90, pretty evident that enforcement was to extort and not on safety as they park their ertigas on locations where you can’t see them easily.
Better than those suicidal ones who fling themselves on your bonnet at speeds.

Putting all experiences together, better to set cruise at 89 in MH and drive.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:50   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Putting all experiences together, better to set cruise at 89 in MH and drive.
The only place where i could use CC was on the Nehru ORR. The MH side of the highway has numerous speed breakers/rumbler strips at almost every village crossing. Moreover trucks hog the fast lane and in some cases i saw two trucks running parallel and blocking the traffic.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 09:00   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only place where i could use CC was on the Nehru ORR.
I have used numerous times between Sangareddy and Solapur. I do set it below 100 though.
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:51   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have used numerous times between Sangareddy and Solapur. I do set it below 100 though.
I maybe unlucky, but i encountered lot of truck traffic which warranted me to slow down every now and then.
Old 7th September 2022, 11:56   #881
BHPian

Just an update. After a really long wait, the trip to secunderabad/hyderabad finally fructified last week. Appreciate all of you keeping the thread updated with your detailed experiences. Thanks.

My timing/observations below

Start - 1520
Expressway start(Kalamboli)- 1800 - It was almost a 3 hour crawl .
Talegoan - 1930 - Usual traffic, not much crowding at the toll booths. Took a 30 minute break.
Pune - hadapsar - 2130 - Took a good 1h:30m to cross Pune. Took the Wakad - Ganeshkhind - Sangam bridge - Camp - Hadapsar route.
Sardewadi Toll - 2330 - Planned halt for the night was at place adjecent to the Sardewadi toll. This place is strictly avoidable. The google/tripadvisor reviews are misleading for this place.

Next day -
Sardewadi Toll - 0800
Jagdamba restraurant - 0820 - 0840 - Breakfast halt - good place , quick service.
Solapur - 0950
Omerga - 1120 - Roads between naldurg and omerga have a few sections which require you to crawl in 1st gear. There is a small section of around 5 km which is a single carriageway. So the average speeds take a bit of a hit.
Sastapur - 1155 - Refueling halt. Took a break for 25 odd minutes
Manaekahelli 1310 - 1345 - lunch break at small place off the main highway - Sukh sagar - decent no frills small eatery. Food quality was fine.
Patancheru - 1510 - Usual city traffic
Secunderabad 1610 - Final destination.

Travel time -
Mumbai to Sardewadi Toll - 8 hours - including one break of 30 minutes
Sardewadi Toll to Secunderabad - 8 hours 10 minutes - including breaks totalling 1 hour 30 minutes.

Good roads throughout, however one does have to occasionally play 'dodge the pothole' especially between naldurg and talmod.

Return leg

Secunderabad - 0715
Patancheru - 0845 - Office bus traffic slowed us down considerably
Mohol outskirts -sugaran- 1415 - Return leg roads between Omerga and Naldurg are a tad better. Lunch break for 45 minutes.
Bhigwan - 1630 - Halted for the night.

Next day
Bhigwan 0700
Hadapsar 815 - 45 minute break for breakfast at hotel atithi. good place, city rates, has parking.
Hadapsar 0900
Talegoan 1020 - via camp, RTO , old mumbai pune highway - pimpri/chinchwad, somatane. Some amount of construction work near kadki slows down the progress.
Expressway end(kalamboli) - 1130 - Usual traffic
Destination 1300 - Usual city traffic

Travel time -
Secunderabad - Bhigwan - 9 hours 15 minutes include 1 hour 15 minute break
Bhigwan - Mumbai - 6 hours including 45 minute break.

Food options once you cross solapur are limited. There are few highway side place but it may or may not be to your liking.
There is a BPCL COCO at themburni. Didn't spot as many COCO as one does on the Pune - Bengaluru highway.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 7th September 2022 at 12:02. Reason: Added info
cyberwhizs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 10:26   #882

Hello all,

I've done Pune- Hyd 2-3 times between May - August.

Naldurg - Omerga patch being bad is a constant: I wonder it will every improve.

For the rest, roads were much better during my May trip but post monsoon there are potholes.

That said, Telangana side of roads are pretty good. Traffic picks up around Sangareddy but a drive on ORR makes up for that. ORR in Hyd is by far the best stretch of road I've driven in India.
MH side - Solapur to Pune the surface is fine but traffic is unruly as always. Last 15 mins before Pune is a real pain.

Don't expect too many good eating options except for the ones around Solapur.

Pre-monsoon - completed it in 8 hours, but post it was 9 hours.
Old 12th October 2022, 14:22   #883

I did the Pune-Hyderabad stretch on 09th Oct 2022 ( Sunday ). It took me 10 hours considering cautious driving, the luggage and the traffic on reaching Sanga Reddy owing to multiple festivities. Took two rest stops at Hotel Gujarat and Food Paradise both of which were almost empty.

The Naldurg- Omerga patch is bad and nothing has changed since my last trip in 2020. There are few half-built flyovers that have trees going out of them !
zosoin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 11:37   #884
BHPian

Did a round trip from Hyderabad to Pune last week.
Few observations i.e.
a) Significant time goes while entering/exiting Hyderabad/Pune. If you plan well, u can save time thus reducing the total time of the journey.
b) Number of tolls seems to have increased.
c) Roads are good except for the stretch between Naldurg and Omerga.
d) Could see rash driving especially in the stretch between Pune and Sholapur. Saw couple of crashes due to tailgating.
d) Beware of speed guns near to Sholapur.
e) Last but not the least, always tank up in Karnataka .
dpkbehera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 14:21   #885

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Did a round trip from Hyderabad to Pune last week.
=====
e) Last but not the least, always tank up in Karnataka .

I too recently did Pune - Hyderabad and yes, stretch between Naldurg and Omerga continues to be a pain. Tank up in Karnataka but ensure you have enough fuel before leaving Hyderabad as few stretches are completely void of fuel stations. On the food side, not much option between Solapur to Sastapur, plan your food break accordinly. Two recommendations from my side for food joint would be Hotel Nisrag near Solapur (towards Hyderabad) and Punjabi Dhami near Sastapur (towards Pune). Both serves excellent food.
satyapj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks