Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 17:36   #916
BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Drove from Hyderabad to Pune on 26th May 2023.
Came back to Hyderabad from Pune on 31st May 2023. Was stopped by cops about 30 kms before Mohol. They asked for DL and PUC.

As many have mentioned, heavy vehicles hogging both lanes eats up a considerable amount of time. It reminded me of this old video game.

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-cargame.jpg
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 16:50   #917

I did Pune - Hyderabad - Pune route on weekend of 2nd June. Leaving early is the key.
Started around 6am and reached Deshpande Veg for breakfast. Good spot to stop.
Stopped at Hotel Gujarat for lunch and petrol. Good stop for food and offcourse cheaper petrol.
Reached Hyd around 4 pm through Nehru ORR. Its pure bliss to drive on that road.

Naldurg - Omerga section is the pain. Otherwise all else route you can maintain decent speed.
MinionTraveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 14:34   #918
Senior - BHPian

Did Pune-Hyderabad-Pune over the weekend. Started from Pune by 5 am and reached my hotel at Hitec city by 4:30pm (had to visit Force Motors service centre enroute to sort out a minor issue).
For breakfast, I stopped at Deshpande's, pretty decent pit stop with decent parking. My next stop was at Hotel Gujarat for lunch. Also filled Diesel sinceKA being cheaper and TS being expensive.
Road conditions as compared to my previous visit have improved a lot, the MH-KA border (MH side) is still not so good, but nothing that the Gurkha couldn't dismiss.
Police, as usual were up in arms with their extortion tactics and were present at almost every toll stations on MH side, I was not stopped though. I had kept all papers within my reach, even took a PUC for my 6 month old car. One thing I did notice, speed limits have been revised from 80 to 90kmph.
For the return trip, left Hitech city by 5:30am and was home by 4 pm. As usual enjoyed driving on Nehru ORR.
rakesh_r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 17:33   #919

Hi Folks,

Planning a trip from Hyderabad to Aurangabad in August.
Wanted to check if monsoons have caused any road damage between Hyderabad and Naldurg?
I am planning to take right from Naldurg and go to Aurangabad via Tuljapur and Beed. Anyone travelled on this route recently? Last I heard, road beween Naldurg and Tuljapur is not that great, but is 4 lane post that. Can someone please confirm this?
Old 6th August 2023, 16:07   #920
BHPian

Did this route on 29 July 2023.

Started 5 AM, reached in about 11 hours, with some stops. Distance covered - about 584 km.

Deshpande Veg, as suggested by MinionTraveller above, is a good stop. Hotel Gujarat makes excellent Dal Makhani!! Bengali going from Maharashtra to Telengana having Punjabi food at Hotel Gujarat somewhere in Karnataka. India in a nutshell.

The bridge over Mohol - as correctly described by some people above - was chock a block with vehicles. Google took me on a rickety detour under the Mohol overbridge. See below a snapshot of my timeline for some details.

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-mohol-detour.jpg

Some interesting things happened in this brief interlude :
- turned left at the intersection under the bridge. Here there's a buzzing market. I stopped, and had the most amazing Vada Pav I've ever had, complete with chatni, mirchi and a generous helping of kandha (onions). The most paisa wasool 20 Rupees I've ever spent, I think.
- there are a couple of bakeries on the other side. Bought a packet of cup cakes. Should've bought a lot more from them - the cakes were so fresh and tasty!
- the detour and the route to join back the highway is not for the faint of heart. Easy to miss the turns, and easy to think - in the 5 mins you spend on those roads - that they're of course leading to a dead end. But, persevere and you'll be rewarded with a lovely detour.

Naldurg to Omerga is bad in parts, and you have to watch out for the rumblers. That said, I was never stopped for papers. I did spot, however, at least one police van on the side of the road with a speed gun sticking out of it.

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-naldurg.jpg
View of Naldurg's durg.

Road all along for the most part is awesome. Karnataka fuel costs are a good 15 Rs cheaper than Telengana / AP / Maharashtra.

The Nehru ORR in Hyderabad, for all that people sing paeans to it, I found the rightmost two lanes in good shape, the left lanes were pockmarked in long stretches.

Overall quite an enjoyable drive, and if someone has time (I didn't) they can make a detour to Bidar Fort from Humnabad or Zaheerabad.

By the way, does anyone know why fringes of the tyres turn this shade of blue near the Hotel Gujarat stretch? It's not only my vehicle, I saw other vehicles - especially trucks parked at the place as well as passing by - with tyre fringes this unusual blue. Haven't noticed this anywhere else in the country. Any special material used on the roads that anyone is aware of?

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-tyre-blue.jpg

Leaving with a few pics.

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-road-1.jpg

Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries-road-2.jpg

Last edited by RogueRobot : 6th August 2023 at 16:27.
RogueRobot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 15:00   #921
BHPian

Did a Pune - Hyderabad- Pune drive during the long weekend. Thanks to no tourist hotspot in this direction, no bottleneck anywhere. This was my 3rd trip to Hyderabad in last 3 years.

Road condition is slightly deteriorated, I would say, as compared to last year. Clean road sections are from Pune - Solapur and KA section. Worst roads, comparatively, are from Itkal till KA border. There are atleast 3-4 diversion till Solapur.

We had lunch at Chaturthi Pure veg, Kurkumbh during return leg. It was a nice place overflowing with people.

Fastag reading is still slow at some booths and more problem is in TS section.

Left a while before 6 am from Pune and reached around 3:15 pm. For return leg, did a relaxed start from PBEL city after 8 am and reached home a while before 7 pm including a rather long lunch break of around 80 odd minutes.
No speed cams anywhere. Was stopped once in MH after a toll booth to check for license. No check in return leg.
abhi_tjet is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 21:04   #922
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of a Pune - Gangapura drive on 02 October. Anyone drove on this stretch recently? I intend to start early from Pune (6AM from Vishrantwadi region)

Few of my queries-
1) Are there any company approved petrol once I enter Karnataka and on the way to Gangapura temple?
2) How is the road condition for this stretch? GMaps is showing a 7 hour drive if I leave early around 6 AM.

Thanks!
Old 15th November 2023, 00:40   #923
BHPian

Any update on the recent condition of this road? I’m planning to drive from Bangalore to Pune and was advised to take the Bangalore-Solapur-Pune road instead of the traditional Kolhapur route due to the extensive road work between Belgaum to Satara.
Old 20th November 2023, 16:23   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Any update on the recent condition of this road? I’m planning to drive from Bangalore to Pune and was advised to take the Bangalore-Solapur-Pune road instead of the traditional Kolhapur route due to the extensive road work between Belgaum to Satara.

Solapur to Pune is in good condition.
Crossing Pune will be the problem due to traffic issues during the day.

Naldurg to Talmod toll plaza still has diversion average roads.

Rest of the road conditions from Hyderabad to Pune is good.
gajadonga is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:21   #925
BHPian

Completed a Pune-Hyd-Pune road trip last week. The road conditions are quite good, and you can maintain an average speed of 70kmph in Pune-Solapur section, and over 80kmph in Hyderabad - Basavkalyan section.

Solapur - Basavkalyan is slower, two-lane undivided carriageway still exists about 5km on either side of Naldurg, and there are a few diversions for seemingly abandoned flyover constructions.

Hotel Gujarat (Sastapur) and Deshpande veg (Indapur) are decent places to stop, reasonably clean washrooms.

KA offers diesel ~5Rs cheaper than MH and ~10Rs cheaper than TS.

Timings: 6:15am to 4:25pm, in both directions, with 20min breakfast and 40min lunch breaks.

Overall, a pleasure to drive on these roads, very fast and relaxed drive.
sschivate is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:23   #926
BHPian

Last Saturday I completed my journey from Hyderabad to Mumbai via Pune traffic in 13.5 hours. Started at 9.00am from Ramoji Film City and reached home at 10.30pm. Nehru ORR is very breeze to drive with consistently maintaining top speed of 120kmph. Hyderabad- Solapur section is well maintained 4 lane highway upto KA-MH border. After this section road condition is patchy with lots of diversions for over bridges constriction. Solapur-Pune is nicely laid tarmac but has heavy traffic. Overall enjoyed the journey without any fatigue.
sandeepsc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 11:17   #927

Jan 2024 update.

It's sugarcane harvest season and there's lot of slow traffic in patches when going towards Pune.

Towards Hyderabad there are quite a few bad roads and under construction roads.

Overall Google maps spot on for trip duration.
Sunday-Driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 14:43   #928

Anyone knows when the Naldurg bypass will be finished. Its taking forever to construct that piece of missing link
Old 14th February 2024, 21:44   #929
BHPian

Finished a journey right now.

Quick update if anyone planning it in next few days!

Leaving Pune is a pain. The city has grown till Indapur!
Pune to Indapur:- Built up area all around, small ; so trucks & tempo all through the route. Unruly two wheelers in middle of road!
Could go at 40-50kmph most of the time (in between 70-80 only for like 1-2km & then traffic again)

Indapur to Solapur bypass:- Good roads, less trucks n tempo comparatively & less of unruly two wheelers. Could maintain 80-100.

Solapur bypass to Naldurga:- Bad undulating roads. Not steady but bad road construction and heavy vehicles have caused lot of undulating surfaces & lots of bad patch work.
Trucks & two wheelers are crazy in betwen. Could get 40-60max!!!!

Naldugra :- due to the climb & up slopes trucks drag on roads & behind them the traffic!!! Got like 20-30kmph max.

Naldurga to Omerga :- Average roads, bad traffic in patches.

Omerga to KA border:- bad roads again. Lot of bad quality patch work on road. Traffic is still there, mind for unruly two wheelers coming from wrong side.

KA border ahead after RTO check point:- roads become a breeze in KA. Excellent condition & barricades on sides so not much scary head ons. Any one can maintain 100 easily.

Time shown on google maps is accurate. So is the traffic situation on gmaps is accuate.

More details- will update later.

Last edited by Biker_Ajax : 14th February 2024 at 21:47.
Biker_Ajax is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks