Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2019, 09:27   #751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinalnanda View Post
Hello,
Is it recommendable to travel from Pune to Hyderabad (starting at around 3 AM) along NH65 (the standard route)?
Could anybody please comment on the road conditions, lighting and traffic at that point of time?

Thanks!
Shouldn't be a problem. It'd obviously be dark which shouldn't be a problem considering the roads are expected to be smooth till Solapur. Sun should be out by the time you cross Solapur, which will help you drive carefully over the bad patches that's mentioned above around Naldurg. I think it's a good time to leave Pune and reach in time for a late breakfast or early Brunch in Hyderabad if you can manage your breaks.
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 20:16   #752
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinalnanda View Post
Hello,
Is it recommendable to travel from Pune to Hyderabad (starting at around 3 AM) ...
As a principle Neither myself, nor anyone else, l recommend to start before 5am on highway. Even if you are fresh other road users may not. It is a statistical fact that most road accidents happen between midnight and 5 am due to fatigue, circadian affect, crime, lighting, dogs etc. I will recommend to start after 4.45 so you touch nh65 after 5. I drove in Diwali. Road is fine except some small sections near Naldurg fort. I could manage hitech city to kharadi in less than 10 hours with ease, family on board and a long dinner break. Enjoy and drive safe.

Cheers,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 07:30   #753

I did this trip yesterday and except for some rough patches from Omerga to Naldurg, everything is ready. I would say close to 95% of the stretch ready and a breeze. The fastag lanes (minimum 3 lanes with guard almost 500mts to ensure only fastag vehicles are allowed) reduced my travel time by more than 30 mins (warning : saw cash lanes pretty long at a few toll plazas).

Also as usual, we were stopped twice once at Karnataka border at Humnabad and one near Sholapur, but they generally don't bother you much if you have all the documents (of course including pollution certificate)

I totally recommend the regular NH route. We started off at Kokapet ORR entry at 630a and were in next to Pune railway station at 4pm. Took multiple breaks totaling about 1 hr in between.
Old 8th January 2020, 15:56   #754

I drove from Hyderabad to Pune last week (Jan 2020). The roads are in good condition. Having traveled multiple times earlier, it was a pleasant surprise to see well laid roads in the chronic troublesome stretch from Naldurg fort to Omerga/Humnabad stretch.

Some tolls had a problem with Fastag and hence had long lines or asked us to reverse and swap booths.
vasan2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 20:13   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasan2k View Post
I drove from Hyderabad to Pune last week (Jan 2020). The roads are in good condition. Having traveled multiple times earlier, it was a pleasant surprise to see well laid roads in the chronic troublesome stretch from Naldurg fort to Omerga/Humnabad stretch....
Hi. So can I assume that there are no diversions, and Naldurg to Omerga road issues are sorted now? I am planning for a trip to Hyderabad in the first week of February.

Thanks.
Old 11th February 2020, 12:31   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Hi. So can I assume that there are no diversions, and Naldurg to Omerga road issues are sorted now? I am planning for a trip to Hyderabad in the first week of February.

Thanks.
My pal drove down to Hyderabad from Mumbai yesterday, and he said the bad stretches near Naldurg/ Umerga have been done up almost fully. Maximum delay of 15 minutes owing to whatever parts are not done, per him. So this is quite encouraging.
vnabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 13:33   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
My pal drove down to Hyderabad from Mumbai yesterday, and he said the bad stretches near Naldurg/ Umerga have been done up almost fully. Maximum delay of 15 minutes owing to whatever parts are not done, per him. So this is quite encouraging.
I know that this is not a Mumbai to Hyderabad thread, but given the improved road conditions, it would be interesting to know how long it took him to complete the entire journey
Old 12th February 2020, 16:54   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I know that this is not a Mumbai to Hyderabad thread, but given the improved road conditions, it would be interesting to know how long it took him to complete the entire journey
Sure, let me ask him and get back. I remember taking 15 hours to Thane way back in 2007. I guess things have improved a lot by now.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 19:01   #759
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to travel from mumbai to sec'bad later this week. If i need to break the journey what would be good place. I plan to leave mumbai western suburbs around 1pm in the afternoon. Will want to halt by evening 7 - 7:30 pm and then continue the journey the following morning.

What would be a good option, I was thinking baramati but am not too sure.
Also if someone could throw some light on places to halt for refueling and clean food/washrooms it will be great.

Request your kind inputs. Thanks.

Thanks.
Old 15th February 2020, 19:42   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Hi,

Also if someone could throw some light on places to halt for refueling and clean food/washrooms it will be great.

Thanks.
Solapur should be your best bet if you could drive a little longer. Food is great as well
vamsi2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 20:00   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
If you are breaking the journey, Solapur, no questions asked. Hotels are a little shady here, at least they were back in 2016 but I think they will certainly be better than in Baramati.

If you can't stretch that far, better stay in Pune itself but after crossing Pune entirely. Somewhere in Hadapsar. This strategy will give you a very good head-start as you won't have to struggle with Pune traffic right at the beginning of your day.

I have used both these strategies depending on where my final destination was. Works very well.

BUT if you know a good hotel in Baramati, discard all the above suggestions and go for it!
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 20:21   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
If you are breaking the journey, Solapur, no questions asked. BUT if you know a good hotel in Baramati, discard all the above suggestions and go for it!
Well, Thanks for the input. Getting to solapur may not be possible with a start at around 1pm - approx 9 hours of drive time - will be almost 10-11 pm.

Baramati is around an hour or so from pune so it does fall enroute and definitely reduces the drive time on the second day. I guess, Bhigwan/ and ndapur are too small towns and may lack any decent places to halt.

There happens to be a treebo in baramati , past experiences with this chain have been ok - basic and clean - ok for a night halt.
Pune - saswad - jejuri -baramati is what i am contemplating.

Any specific options in solapur that you would recommend? I know facilities are a little scarce as compared to pune - bengaluru highway.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 15th February 2020 at 20:22.
Old 15th February 2020, 20:57   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Well, Thanks for the input. Getting to solapur may not be possible with a start at around 1pm - approx 9 hours of drive time - will be almost 10-11 pm.
Agreed. I also don't prefer driving after sunset.

Quote:
There happens to be a treebo in baramati , past experiences with this chain have been ok - basic and clean - ok for a night halt.
Pune - saswad - jejuri -baramati is what i am contemplating.
I think Treebos are a fair deal for a night halt. But the route you are taking to get there is a big no in my opinion. The roads you are taking are not even state highways. If I can tell you anything from my traveling experiences in Maharashtra, I can assure you that you aren't reaching Baramati before midnight if you take those roads. MH interior roads can be dangerously notorious with their special potholes. Unless I have taken that road previously or I know someone who has, I'd stick to NH-65 till the very last breath.

Expressway to Pune -> Bypass Pune -> Get back to NH-65 at eastern end of Pune and fork at Kurkumbh taking NH-160 to Baramati. Next day, get back to NH-65 by taking MHSH-68 to Bhigwan.

Quote:
Any specific options in solapur that you would recommend? I know facilities are a little scarce as compared to pune - bengaluru highway.
Back in the day, we stayed in Hotel Surya International because of its proximity to NH-65. It was a fair deal for a night halt.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 13:46   #764

Quote:
Hi,

I am planning to travel from mumbai to sec'bad later this week. If i need to break the journey what would be good place. I plan to leave mumbai western suburbs around 1pm in the afternoon. Will want to halt by evening 7 - 7:30 pm and then continue the journey the following morning.

Request your kind inputs. Thanks.

Thanks.
Hi
You can dive easily to Solapur instead of taking a detour to baramati.
Even if you start at 1pm from Mumbai you reach Pune by max 4pm and with a break for tea and snacks you reach Solapur max 9-9.30. You can comfortably stay over in Solapur.
You can have small tea break at expressway, then carry on before the pune rush at hadapsar. If you cross Hadapsar before 5, superb. Drive on and stop at Hotel Kanchan on the solpaur - Pune stretch ( but you have a crossing opp the hotel ) Good food - especially Misal, clean toilets. Then drive on to solapur.
Old 17th February 2020, 19:09   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna View Post
Hi
You can dive easily to Solapur instead of taking a detour to baramati.
Even if you start at 1pm from Mumbai you reach Pune by max 4pm and with a break for tea and snacks you reach Solapur max 9-9.30. You can comfortably stay over in Solapur.
Thanks for the input. I agree with your suggestion in the general sense.
However, few things from my own limitations.

1. 1 pm departure may get delayed - there are dependencies, and most likely it will.
2. Hadapsar - Magarpatta can be dreadful in the evenings - office - home rush hour
3. I do not usually drive post sunset , so wanted to wind up somewhere ahead of pune, so was contemplating baramati - i agree it is a slight detour.

Most Viewed