Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2021, 07:23   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Lockdown restrictions are active in Pune and inspection is at random. One is advised to carry Covid negative report, not older than 48 hours.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 17:37   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSOPS View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to travel this weekend ( 16th May ) from Hyderabad to Pune. I have a MH14 number plate car. Does anyone know if new lockdown restrictions are there? Do we need an ePass ?
Hi.. Did you travel from Hyderabad to Pune? How was your experience? Do we require e pass to cross states? I am planning a trip from Mumbai to Hyderabad in mid-June.
Old 30th May 2021, 05:39   #828
BHPian

I did my travel from Hyderabad to Pune to 15th of May. I should admit this was the best drive I ever had on this route. Though I had an e pass from Telangana state, there were no one to check this at all. Even Karnataka no police stopped me.

The only place I was stopped was before Sholapur. Police first asked me for an ePass but I told them that I only have a RTPCR for me and family and they just checked it’s date ( to see if it’s within 48 Hrs ). Except for that there were no police checks anywhere,

This was the best drive I ever had actually.
PSOPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 17:34   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSOPS View Post
I did my travel from Hyderabad to Pune to 15th of May. I should admit this was the best drive I ever had on this route. Though I had an e pass from Telangana state, there were no one to check this at all. Even Karnataka no police stopped me.

The only place I was stopped was before Sholapur. Police first asked me for an ePass but I told them that I only have a RTPCR for me and family and they just checked it’s date ( to see if it’s within 48 Hrs ). Except for that there were no police checks anywhere,

This was the best drive I ever had actually.
That's great to know. On the Maharashtra e-pass website, there are only 3 reasons to select. So it's difficult to apply. I am counting on RTPCR test report and hope there should not be any trouble.

This will be my first long trip with family including my 5-year old kid. Can you please share how long it took you from Hyderabad to Pune? Any advice on stops and petrol filling? How is the road condition now?

Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:28   #830
BHPian

Planning to travel from Pune to Hyderabad on 26th June by road. Can someone let me know if e-Pass is needed to cross district/state borders or RTPCR negetive report will be enough??
Old 22nd June 2021, 20:49   #831
BHPian

No e pass or any certificate is required to enter Telangana now. All restrictions have been lifted. However you have to transit Karnataka and please check if any restrictions are there to enter Karnataka. Karnataka has removed all restrictions for some of the districts.
hydtraveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 07:46   #832
BHPian

RT-PCR is required while travelling via Karnataka and Maharashtra borders.

Source: https://m.timesofindia.com/city/pune...w/83730414.cms
Old 10th July 2021, 05:51   #833
BHPian

Drove solo from Navi Mumbai to Hyderabad yesterday (Friday).

I decided to keep below 100 kmph on the Mumbai-Pune expressway keeping in mind the advise of fellow BHPians who wrote about speed cameras. It required some effort and this was probably the first time ever that I did not cross 100 kmph on the expressway even once.

Crossed Pune during the morning rush hour. It took 2 hours from Gahunje, the end of the expressway to reach the NH65 Pune Solapur highway. Then had to stop to get a puncture repaired.

So decided to take my chances to make up for lost time. Saw 4-5 highway patrol cars fitted with speed cameras on the Bhigwan-Solapur-Omerga stretch but they were not checking or stopping any vehicles.

Traffic after Sangareddy was really bad. Overall, it took 11 hours driving time from Navi Mumbai to Hyderabad.

No COVID related checking since it was a weekday I suppose, but weekend lockdown has been enforced in many Maharashtra districts including Solapur and I will be returning to Navi Mumbai tomorrow (Sunday) so will provide further updates on that.
devilking is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 21:05   #834
Senior - BHPian

11 hours is a decent drive.
Update once you get back to Mumbai
Old 12th July 2021, 08:19   #835
BHPian

Drove back from Hyderabad to Navi Mumbai yesterday (Sunday).

Weekend lockdown had been enforced in many Maharashtra districts including Solapur and as per MH police website ePass is not required at present. I did not have any RT-PCR report either.

As it turns out, it was not required because there was absolutely no checking at the borders. Lockdowns might have been imposed in towns or cities but on the highway it was business as usual. Most of the dhabas and eateries were open.

The only cops that I saw were at the toll plaza near Warawade and they were stopping a few (but not all) out of state vehicles. But they were not checking solely for COVID because they were also focusing on their routine business of trucks and lorries.

Also kept a speed of 100-120 kmph and there was no speed related checking either.

Overall, a pleasant journey because the forecast was for heavy rains but all I encountered was overcast skies, cool breeze and no rain (not even a drizzle) for most of the trip.
devilking is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 08:34   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilking View Post
Drove back from Hyderabad to Navi Mumbai yesterday (Sunday).
How’s the road conditions? I suppose it’s fine till Solapur. What’s status after that?
Old 12th July 2021, 10:41   #837
BHPian

Pune to Solapur is a breeze. There are some bad patches between Naldurg and Omerga, but nothing that can't be handled.

And there is another flyover under construction before Sangareddy which can cause traffic jams. But overall, the Pune to Hyd stretch can be done in 7-8 hours easily non stop.

If one is coming from Mumbai the main bottleneck will be crossing Pune which can take upto 2-2.5 hours depending on what time you plan to go through Pune.
devilking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 11:59   #838
Senior - BHPian

Pune - Hyderabad on Friday.
From Bhairoba Nala (4:45 pm) to Patancheru (01:45 am), it took total 9 hours (7.5 hours of travelling plus 1.5 hours for Dinner, tea and petrol). Maintained speeds strictly within 80 kmph. But I could cruise at a steady speed of 80 for most of the time after crossing Patas. Reaching Patancheru after midnight helped to save some traffic time after Sangareddy. No stopping, no checking anywhere. At the check post near Sangareddy, the policeman sitting by the side of the barricade just flashed his torch to see who is there in the car.

Hyderabad - Pune on Sunday.
From Patancheru (5 pm) to Bhairoba Nala (2 am), it took total 9 hours (7.25 hours of travelling plus 1.75 hours for Dinner, tea and petrol). Maintained speeds strictly within 80 kmph. But I could cruise at a steady speed of 80 for most of the time. Again, reaching Pune after midnight helped to save some traffic time after Patas. Was stopped once after crossing Sangareddy for checking PUC and insurance. Otherwise no checks, no stopping anywhere.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 08:27   #839
BHPian

Did a quick Hyderabad-Panvel-Hyderabad drive last week.

Hyd to Panvel - No checkpoints on the way, road condition is good mostly but a patch between Omerga and Solapur is not great, under construction road slows you down a bit. Entered Pune at noon, lost some time in traffic and Pune roads have been battered in the rains.

Panvel to Hyd - On the way back, we were stopped at the MH-KA border for RTPCR inspection, showed my 1st vaccination certificate and was allowed to leave, also having a TS registered vehicle helped. Some cars from MH were sent back.
lazyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 17:11   #840
BHPian

Traveled Hyderabad to Mahad – Maharashtra and return (13th -15th August, 2021)

Car - Ertiga VDI DDiS (1st Gen), Total passengers 5. Here is an update on Hyderabad-Pune-Hyderabad Stretch.

Hyderabad - Pune on 13th Aug 2021 Friday.
• Patancheru ORR (6.15 AM) to Fatima Nagar (2.30 PM)
• Travelling time 7.00 hours plus 1.15 hours for fuel, breakfast, tea & lunch).
• Approximate speed range 90-130 kph. We could maintain an average speed of 100kmph.
• We were stopped once near Sholapur Tollbooth for documents, only driving license checked and leave us to proceed, otherwise no stopping. No checking for covid / RTPCR.
• Near Sholapur, we had a tea break and the owner informed us, lockdown restrictions are active in 5 Taluka’s of Sholapur district.

Pune - Hyderabad on 14th Aug 2021 Saturday.

• Fatima Nagar (7.30 PM) to Patancheru (04.30 AM, Sunday),
• It took a total of 9 hours (7.5 hours of traveling plus 1.5 hours for dinner, tea and fuel).
• Average Speed maintained between 90-110 kph.
• No stopping, no checking anywhere, while return Journey for COVID or Documentations.
RavyaLe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks