Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2007, 01:03   #1

hyd to goa - suggestion needed

I am planning a roadtrip from hyd to goa and am confused n concerned about a certain few things.
-this is my first road trip over 300kms.
-total no of ppl travelling - 4 i.e. me and my 3 friends.
-would leave probably in the first week of november.
-economy trip.

so here are my concerns n confusions.

1. Is it better to travel by car i.e. in my santro /or on my pulsar 180 classic accompanied by my friend on his suzuki shogun.(In terms of safety and road condition.)
Coz i dont really wanna screw my new car.And moreover its a different feeling all together to feel the air blowin u off on the bike.

2. I want to cover the distance from hyd to goa within a day.Will it be possible for me to do this(as per the road conditions).
and which is the best route to take.

3. Are there any places worth stopping by on the way to goa.

4. Heard dat i can visit hampi and hubli on my way.Is it really true and are these places really worth visiting and what is the good thing about them.

5. What are the documents i would need to carry along with me so tht the cops dont create a problem for me to take an ap registered bike or car in another state.would i require some kind of a noc or a permit to travel out there in goa.

6. Which is the best route with amazing scenery.I wouldnt mind stayin in a hotel for a night on my way if its necessary for this.
and ya how far would it be in terms of distance.

thanks in advance.
hope to see sum some real gud advice.
Old 28th October 2007, 07:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentdevil View Post
I am planning a roadtrip from hyd to goa and am confused n concerned about a certain few things.
-this is my first road trip over 300kms.
-total no of ppl travelling - 4 i.e. me and my 3 friends.
-would leave probably in the first week of november.
-economy trip.
GO ahead, search some threads here and PM Zappo and mobike008 from Hyd who can help you more..

so here are my concerns n confusions.

Quote:
1. Is it better to travel by car i.e. in my santro /or on my pulsar 180 classic accompanied by my friend on his suzuki shogun.(In terms of safety and road condition.)
Coz i dont really wanna screw my new car.And moreover its a different feeling all together to feel the air blowin u off on the bike.
Look safety wise it is better in car but bike has its own flavour. Pulsar180 is fine but definitely not a Shogun, I would suggest to take the Santro...it will be enjoying since you are 4 friends together..

Quote:
2. I want to cover the distance from hyd to goa within a day.Will it be possible for me to do this(as per the road conditions).
and which is the best route to take.
Yes you can do it in a day by car...read the following thread completely:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...xperience.html

Quote:
3. Are there any places worth stopping by on the way to goa.
I cannot say that , I love only driving !! but yes, you can do lots of shopping in Goa...

Quote:
4. Heard dat i can visit hampi and hubli on my way.Is it really true and are these places really worth visiting and what is the good thing about them.
Not exactly on the way but you can definitely checkout Hampi if you have time...There is nothing in hubli to check out...

Quote:
5. What are the documents i would need to carry along with me so tht the cops dont create a problem for me to take an ap registered bike or car in another state.would i require some kind of a noc or a permit to travel out there in goa.
You dont require permit if your car is private...Carry xerox copies of insurance, DL, RC book in the car. Also keep the originals in your luggage bag (not in the car)

Quote:
6. Which is the best route with amazing scenery.I wouldnt mind stayin in a hotel for a night on my way if its necessary for this.
and ya how far would it be in terms of distance.
Spend a night extra in Goa rather than staying in between...it will be worth...BTW, read this travelogue to know some routes and beaches inside Goa
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...alore-goa.html

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 28th October 2007 at 07:29.
Old 28th October 2007, 12:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

there are travelouges available..please use search. Slangs are not allowed.
Old 28th October 2007, 19:45   #4
Team-BHP Support

Kindly use the search feature to get all the info that you need. There is no point in opening new threads on the already discussed subjects.

AKRoy has already provided you the useful links. Use them. If you have a query use those existing threads to get answers.

This thread is now closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks