Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:40   #16
BHPian

Thanks folks. It is helpful. I decided to take the pain of going through BTM - Silkboard - Bommanahalli junctions
Old 4th November 2007, 12:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a map of some sorts, i am confused about the NICE :???:
Old 7th November 2007, 09:50   #18
BHPian

any recent update?

Friends, Does any one has latest update on this?
If this BG Road - NICE Road connection road at Gotigere is repaired then I would like to take it today.
Old 7th November 2007, 11:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Can someone update me on the route between Magadi road to tumkur road stretch.
I'm planning to take this route tomorrow morning. I'll travelling from Banshankari, Let me know the possible route from here via mysore rd, vijaynagar with deviations.
Thanks in advance
Old 7th November 2007, 11:40   #20
BHPian

if you are planning to hit NH4 i.e Tumkur Road via ORR, then you may want to take the following route:

stick to Ring Road, after PESIT, take left on Mysore state highway till you reach Bangalore University Gate, take right their so that you can drive through the university campus. after about 4-6 KMS you will reach a -| junction where you will have to take a left then you will see the ORR of Kengari take a right here and keep going straight till you hit a another T here take right and immediate left, which will lead you to ORR that will take you to NH4 i.e. after the Yeshwantpur Yard.

Alternatively, with a combination of ORR and NICE

stick to Ring Road, after PESIT, take left on Mysore state highway till you reach Bangalore University Gate, take right their so that you can drive through the university campus. after about 4-6 KMS you will reach a -| junction where you will have to take a left then you will see the ORR of Kengari take a right here and keep going straight till you hit a another T here take left and follow the sign boards on the left which keeps saying way to CII (Confidiration of Indian Industries) QA Building. Keep watching for a junction on your right which will be bit crowdand vehicles would be coming out of NICE Corridor. Just take the right turn their and follow the NICE which will take you to NH4 after 8th Mile Stone (i.e. Hessragatta Cross)

hope this helps
Old 7th November 2007, 11:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,

The latest is that the Mysore Road to Tumkur Road stretch is complete. I zipped from almost near Nelamangala to Mysore road in about 15 minutes last week. Awesome road surface! Not many people know of this route yet, so, go ahead and have fun.

There is a ramp around 3-4 km from Nelamangala towards Bangalore from where the NICE road starts. That is the only ramp on this road, you just can not miss it. Take that ramp and start zipping towards Mysore Road. The last few hundred meters near Mysore road is bad, but the whole road is worth it. I had been to a place near Tumkur and I reside at Padmanabhanagar. This road saved me about 45 minutes of my time. This will merge you to Mysore Road at the same place where the Mysore Road to Bannerghatta Road NICE stretch starts. You just need to go on the Mysore Rd and take the next available U-turn and get on to the Bannerghatta Road stretch if you are looking to go towards Bannerghatta/Hosur Road.

Cheers,
Old 7th November 2007, 12:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

@reachmash
Thanks a lot buddy.

"reach a -| junction "
I think u r referring to Magadi road junction :-)

Will take printout of the route, n carry it along tomorrow :-)
Old 7th November 2007, 13:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
@reachmash
Thanks a lot buddy.

"reach a -| junction "
I think u r referring to Magadi road junction :-)

Will take printout of the route, n carry it along tomorrow :-)
you are welcome sushrutha

-| its not the Magadi road junction, its the exit point from University Campus to ORR
P:S: you will see a small temple bang in front of you when you reach -| this junction.
Old 7th November 2007, 16:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey reachmash
can you PM your phone number ASAP, Looks like you have disabled to receive PM in the forum.
Old 12th November 2007, 11:36   #25
BHPian

I tried BG Road - Gottigere - NICE on 7th based on my friend's recommendation. While joining the NICE the road is bad. You need very good skills to tackle the road. My chasis made a good contact with the ground and made a big noise.

I was worried about the crank oil, fortunately the swift design is good that it is well guarded with the surrounding chasis frames and made my bp to reduce

So the recommendation is do not take this road.
Old 12th November 2007, 12:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

I'am travelling in this road from past 1 year (weekly twice) and have not experienced any kind of problems in that 1km stretch from BG road to NICE road. I travelled in WagonR and now Ford Ikon. It all matters how you drive. You cannot go on these roads in 2nd/3rd gear. You need to drive dead slow and only in first gear. Ys, when it rains, you need to extra careful as the mud slush and water would have covered the place. Well, this is my experience.
Old 12th November 2007, 12:10   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have a Google Earth map or Google Maps of the NICE corridor etc? Are they at all on Google Earth? I am new to Bangalore and would love to go for a drive over a weekend but will probably not be able to find it! I stay near Mekhri Circle so am not familiar at all (yet) with the mentioned areas.

Thanks in advance,
Old 12th November 2007, 12:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Does anyone have a Google Earth map or Google Maps of the NICE corridor etc? Are they at all on Google Earth? I am new to Bangalore and would love to go for a drive over a weekend but will probably not be able to find it! I stay near Mekhri Circle so am not familiar at all (yet) with the mentioned areas.

Thanks in advance,

Google Earth/WIkimapia.org/Yahoo maps are pretty much the same - satellite snapshots on these sites have been taken long before the current state of the NICE/PRR construction so you won't get an idea by going through those.

Actually - that is exactly the reason why i started this thread requesting our fellow BHPians to share gyaan on the route and/or maps

I just bought an Eicher Road Atlas and that doesn't have the PRR/NICE road on it either.

Ravi
Old 12th November 2007, 14:03   #29
VBV
BHPian

I came through this road on the 11th from Nelamangala. On tumkur road, after the overhead bridge of the BMIC road, take a U turn and as Deepak said that is a ramp you cannot miss. The problem is that the ramp is used as a two way, so be careful.

Magadi road appears as a bridge and people who want to get off there can do so, by taking a left turn before the bridge. At Mysore road end,
take a right and a left, do not follow the ramp, to reach Mysore road. If you want to get back to the NICE stretch from Mysore road to Kanakpura road, a U turn on Mysore road will take you there.

The Gottigere portion is horrible. There was a good road on the left side after the end of NICE road. But it is now closed with boulders. So you have to take the bad road. That is a real bad stretch of road. I saw a Santro going back to Kanakpura road. I could manage to get through it, but it was tough. The stretch has sudden dips in the road and has places where the wheel goes in, but the center is elevated and hits the body.

Overall, a great stretch and one that made me save more than 2 hrs. I usually take 3-4 hrs from Nelmangala, I took just 1.5 hrs using this road.

VBV

Last edited by VBV : 12th November 2007 at 14:05. Reason: typo
Old 12th November 2007, 14:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

I agree with VBV, from the Gottigere portion that good (less bad) road is been blocked with a boulder or something, could not see that in the raining / night properly but I was just following a biker on that road, I could see that bikes can still go thru that, I had to take a reverse / U from that space and went from the other side,, now this other side of the road is really bad, I could see some vehicles were coming from the opposite side and thats how you make out where to go, otherwise, in rain / dark its difficult to make out where to go once you hit that uneven ground off the road.
if you drive slowly and carefully,, you can easily go thru that stretch,, should not be a big problem, just make sure you dont go thru those deep patholes or those truck trails where you can hurt your underchassi..

I sometimes take this NICE road from E-city to go to mysore road and i can easily make out entry and exit on BG road as i go thru that a couple of times
However, I'm wondering where does this road go beyond the Mysore road. last time when i used this road (a month back) I could see some vehicles coming down (from mysore side) are taking that ramp (it was not yet built completely) but I saw vehicles going that side (opposite direction to BG road).. does anyone know where exactly that road goes??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks