Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2007, 14:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

@ Ketan: This road connects to Tumkur road.

I usually take these stretch of BG road to NICE road twice a week. Driving slowly will not affect the vehicle (i hope). I usually drive in 1st gear in Ikon. It all depends on your driving skills.

Last edited by snaronikar : 12th November 2007 at 15:02.
Old 12th November 2007, 15:01   #32
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
However, I'm wondering where does this road go beyond the Mysore road. last time when i used this road (a month back) I could see some vehicles coming down (from mysore side) are taking that ramp (it was not yet built completely) but I saw vehicles going that side (opposite direction to BG road).. does anyone know where exactly that road goes??
It goes to Tumkur road.
Old 12th November 2007, 17:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
@ Ketan: This road connects to Tumkur road.

I usually take these stretch of BG road to NICE road twice a week. Driving slowly will not affect the vehicle (i hope). I usually drive in 1st gear in Ikon. It all depends on your driving skills.
Agree driving skills matter.
As others pointed out there is a big hump in the center. May be you should go to the extreme left and go.

It is not just me the Indica Cab before me and Opel corsa, Matiz who were behind me also hit hard
Old 14th November 2007, 11:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Agree driving skills matter.
As others pointed out there is a big hump in the center. May be you should go to the extreme left and go.

It is not just me the Indica Cab before me and Opel corsa, Matiz who were behind me also hit hard
Is there a way from Nelamangala to Marathalli through NICE Road.Driving through Dasarahalli, Peenya traffic to reach near HAL is real pain
Old 14th November 2007, 15:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

@blorebuddy: Today also I passed on the same route without any problems from BG road connecting to NICE road.

How I drive over the humps is, I drive over the humps (at dead slow pace) there by it will not touch the bottom of car. I do this ost of the time and it is working for me.
Old 14th November 2007, 16:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
How I drive over the humps is, I drive over the humps (at dead slow pace) there by it will not touch the bottom of car. I do this ost of the time and it is working for me.
I have done this stretch many times in my NHC with 3 people + luggage in the boot & no part of the car touched the ground. The way I do is I drive along the ridges, with tyres over the hump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have seen Indicabs, Innova, Matiz, 800, Alto, Santro doing this stretch. I don't know if they had any problem.
Old 14th November 2007, 16:31   #37
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
The NICE road is supposed to end at Tumkur road(NH4) & the PRR is supposed to continue from there towards Bellary road (NH7).Recently I saw some vehicles on the NICE road from Magadi road side go over Tumkur road flyover towards Bellary rd.Does anybody know if this stretch is complete,if so where does it intersect Bellary rd ?

PS:it will save a lot of headaches for me....
i'd like to know about this stretch too. guys...do any of you know about this !?
Old 8th December 2007, 09:55   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

I stay near Cantonment station. If I need to get to Mysore at 0800 on a Saturday morning, should I take the 'old' Mysore Road or try the NICE road etc?

I am not familiar at all with South Bangalore so need some inputs.

Thanks,
Old 8th December 2007, 11:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi itwasntme,

From Cantonment to Mysore if i understand it right I suggest you take normal roads inside City to reach Bangalore - Mysore state high way which is 4 laned.

NICE road is suitable for people who stay nearby tumkur-magadi-mysore-kanakpura-bannergatta-hosur roads and who would like to travel to their destination via those respective roads.

if people come from Hebbal/yelhanka/cantonment/kr pura/whitefield/marathahalli NICE road is not ideal to commute since it won't provide connection to these areas.

also NICE road from bangalore to Mysore is not even started. only half done stretches between tumkur road to electronic city is done with lot of diversions in intersections of city's major roads.

Ravi.
Old 8th December 2007, 12:37   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Ravi, Thanks for the very comprehensive answer :-). I will stick to the normal city roads.

Best regards,
ItWasntMe
Old 17th December 2007, 16:37   #41
BHPian

Driving to Mysore on Friday aroudn 3pm.
Current plan is to go to (Bangalore) Silk Board junction from indiranagar, find my way to Uttarahalli main road and then join Mysore Road from there (inner City roads via Airport Rd, City Market would be bad at that time I believe).

Other option is Hosur Rd - Ecity Nice Road - Mysore Rd but the notes on the stretch at Gottigere are scary.

Any better ideas or should I stick to my plan as of now?
Old 17th December 2007, 18:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogambo View Post
Driving to Mysore on Friday aroudn 3pm.
Current plan is to go to (Bangalore) Silk Board junction from indiranagar, Any better ideas or should I stick to my plan as of now?
Try this route.
Indiranagar - Silkboard - BTM - Bannerghatta-shoppers stop - Mandovi - JP Nagar-Familymart(closed) signal - take left - Kanakpura Road - NICE ROAD - Kengeri - Mysore Road
Old 17th December 2007, 21:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

I second what's suggested by "sushrutha". If you really want to drive in NICE road this is perfect route.

Else continue in JP Nagar - Family Mart (closed) signal straight and take left in Mysore road from Ring road which has not much traffic.

As of now NICE connecting roads of Bannergatta road are in bad state.

Sicne presedent rule is going on I hope they at least repair those connecting roads.

PS: I have heard NICE link road between City (crosses ring road near PESIT banashankari area) and NICE Peripheral road is nearly complete.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th December 2007, 08:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

PS: I have heard NICE link road between City (crosses ring road near PESIT banashankari area) and NICE Peripheral road is nearly complete.
Has anyone driven on this link road and hence can confirm if it is complete? This info would be really useful.
Old 18th December 2007, 09:54   #45
BHPian

If I'm going South on Kanakapura Road from ORR Junction / Family mart, where does the intersection with NICE Road come, where I can take a right to Mysore Road? Is it a simple right or a left turn loop (clover - leaf) like on E-City?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks