Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2007, 16:30   #1
BHPian

Chittor to Sholapur

Hello all,

Please advise me the driving and road condition of the below mentioned route.

Chittor-Anantapur-Koppal-Bijapur-Sholapur

I guess it crosses some of the national highways. Pls provide me requested information.
Old 6th November 2007, 21:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Dhanasekaran, the fastest route (atleast in terms of achieveable top speeds) is to go Anantpur- Hyderabad-Solpaur.

I am not sure about the roads in AP. Once you enter KA, things should be of a mixed nature upto NH-13. NH-13 is a un-divided road, but good.
Old 7th November 2007, 15:32   #3
BHPian

Please let me know the road condition between the below mentioned route

Kurnool-Mahboobnagar-Gulbarga-Aland-Akkalkot-Solapur
Old 7th November 2007, 19:21   #4
BHPian

Bijapur to Solapur is 96kms and the road is excellent. Lots of truck traffic. But you should be able to cover this about 1.5 - 1.45 hours.
Old 7th November 2007, 20:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post
Please let me know the road condition between the below mentioned route

Kurnool-Mahboobnagar-Gulbarga-Aland-Akkalkot-Solapur
Gulbarga-Aland-Akkalkot is a NO. Plain & Simple. Atleast for another year by which time they should complete re-doing the road. You are best sticking to the NH's.
Old 7th November 2007, 23:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Dhanasekaran, the fastest route (atleast in terms of achieveable top speeds) is to go Anantpur- Hyderabad-Solpaur.

I am not sure about the roads in AP. Once you enter KA, things should be of a mixed nature upto NH-13. NH-13 is a un-divided road, but good.
I second this, despite the fact that the distance is more and you have to contend with city traffic in the Hyderabad neighbourhood.

Ananthapur to Hyderabad on NH7 and Hyderabad to Solapur on NH9 are good drives.

Having said this, the shortest route would be to turn off NH7 at Gooty and go via Guntakal, Bellary and Hospet (from here NH13) to Bijapur and subsequently Solapur. The only problem with this route is that roads are very bad on the AP-Karnataka border and they are also apparently bad on the Bellary-Hospet stretch.
Old 8th November 2007, 08:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

So, if you are going by your car, go via Hyderabad. If you are taking a cab, go via Hospet, Bijapur. Pls expect roads in interior KA to be bad, unless it is a regularly used section.
Old 9th November 2007, 15:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Best would be ANANTPUR to HYDERABAD via Gooty & Kurnool and onwards to Solapur on NH9 via Sangareddy,Homnabad,Omerga,Naldurg.At the end of the PV Narasimha Rao Expressway in HYD..take a left towards Mehdipatnam..once u reach Mehdipatnam take a left from the junction and go on towards Gachibowli and further and the road directly ends up on the Solapur highway...some stretches before u reach Homnabad are bad...the roads are rough and have been chipped off..but otherwise the drive is a good one..Roads between Anantpur & Hyderabad are also good..Reliance A1s are present @ Gooty,Dhone,Hyderabad,10kms from Sangareddy...

PS:Make sure u carry all originals of car docs, as Solapur cops wait like vultures at the entry point..RC,Insurance,Pollution,License.

Most Viewed