Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2017, 11:57   #166
mvp
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Did you finally take this route? If so, how was it?

thanks in advance...
I plan to drive from Bangalore to Dandeli next week. Please suggest the best route to drive:

1) NH4 Hubli bypass - Haliyal - Dandeli
2) NH4 - Hubli bypass - Dharwad bypass - Haliyal - Dandeli
3) NH4 - Tadas - Kalghati - Haliyal - Dandeli

Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 22:39   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp View Post
I plan to drive from Bangalore to Dandeli next week. Please suggest the best route to drive:

1) NH4 Hubli bypass - Haliyal - Dandeli
2) NH4 - Hubli bypass - Dharwad bypass - Haliyal - Dandeli
3) NH4 - Tadas - Kalghati - Haliyal - Dandeli

Thanks
Took the unmarked exit from Hubli-Dharwad bypass towards Haliyal. Excellent roads all the way.
Old 11th August 2017, 11:57   #168
BHPian

Hello All,

I am planning to drive via Tadasa, Kalaghatagi, Haliyala as suggested by JLR guys.

I am not sure if this route is suggested by fellow bhpians.
Old 11th August 2017, 14:32   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aithalsandy View Post
Hello All,

I am planning to drive via Tadasa, Kalaghatagi, Haliyala as suggested by JLR guys.

I am not sure if this route is suggested by fellow bhpians.
Tadas option will help you to reach Haliyal without driving further up to Dharwad and the road conditions are good with Tadas too.

The other routes are also perfect alternative and will hardly add 20-40 minutes to your overall travel time.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 13:35   #170
BHPian

Hello All,

I managed to take Tadasa - Kalaghatagi - Haliyala - Dandeli road. Roads are mostly fine, apart from some small bad sections. However food options are limited in NH4. I can think of Mysore Cafe at Chitradurga Kamat at Haveri/Ranebennur.

While coming back I took Yellapur-Sirsi-Talguppa-Shimoga. I took this as I was staying at Shimoga. Roads are average to above average till Talguppa in sections. Sagar-Shimoga section is wonderful as usual.

Around Dandeli, the forest is just amazingly thick and dense. According to the JLR guys, Dandeli has 5,000+ acres of thick and dense forest and around 1,000 acres are open to tourism.
aithalsandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 18:56   #171
Senior - BHPian

We are planning for a weekend Trip to Dandeli from Bangalore:

a)The plan is to start on Friday night - 28th Sep. reach Dandeli-Resort in the morning-29th Sat. Is there a restriction for travelling through forest at night?
b) What is the present condition of the roads, post the heavy downpour?
c) How good is to visit Dudhsagar water falls. This is high on our list. We are planning to visit on return towards Bangalore 30th Sunday.

Yea, a very short trip. Please advise.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:49   #172
MCR
BHPian

I am planning a trip to Dandeli from 1st Nov to 4th Nov. My baby daughter and wife will accompany me on this trip.

I think the best route as of now is;

Bangalore-Hubli-Dharwad-Nigadi-Haliyal-Dandeli.
Hope the road above is in good shape.

We plan to start @ 5.00AM From Bangalore. Also please suggest a good place for Breakfast.
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:49   #173
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I hope you got some feedback that this route is good (once you get off the NH48 at Dharwad).

Gmaps actually suggests gettting off NH48 about 20Km before Hubli (Gabbur) toll and taking Tadas-Kalghatgi-Haliyal. I'm not sure how conditions are on this route.

Quote:
We plan to start @ 5.00AM From Bangalore. Also please suggest a good place for Breakfast.
I think Mysore Cafe just after Chitradurga (next to Nijalingappa memorial on service road) is a good bet, they open around 7am.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 15:41   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I am planning a trip to Dandeli from 1st Nov to 4th Nov. My baby daughter and wife will accompany me on this trip.

I think the best route as of now is;

Hope the road above is in good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I hope you got some feedback that this route is good (once you get off the NH48 at Dharwad).

Gmaps actually suggests gettting off NH48 about 20Km before Hubli (Gabbur) toll and taking Tadas-Kalghatgi-Haliyal. I'm not sure how conditions are on this route.

I think Mysore Cafe just after Chitradurga (next to Nijalingappa memorial on service road) is a good bet, they open around 7am.

I took Tadas route to Dandeli recently and have updated the details here (Road updates around Dandeli / Uttara Kannada)
Makin Rulesz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 11:11   #175
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

I am tentatively planning a Pune to Dandeli trip next week, and had originally planned to take the Belgaum-Khanapur-Ramnagar-Dandeli route.

However, due to this recent update (Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries), I am now leaning towards going till Dharwad and then taking one of the routes listed below:

1. Hubli Dharwad Bypass-Nigadi-Haliyal-Dandeli (Connection to Haliyal Road shown by GMaps seems a bit circuitous; is there any shortcut to join the Haliyal road from the Hubli Dharwad Bypass while coming from Pune side?)

2. Hubli Dharwad Bypass-Alnavar-Haliyal-Dandeli (Connection to Alnavar road shown by GMaps seems straightforward)

3. GMaps also shows a route to Dandeli by exiting AH47 (erstwhile NH4) at Kittur, and then reaching Dandeli via Alnavar-Haliyal. Does anyone know how this route condition is?

Which would be the recommended choice between the above 3 routes? Also, any inputs w.r.t decent family accommodation (home stays are fine, expensive resorts no-no) in Dandeli would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 5th November 2018 at 11:12.
Old 5th November 2018, 12:10   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

3. GMaps also shows a route to Dandeli by exiting AH47 (erstwhile NH4) at Kittur, and then reaching Dandeli via Alnavar-Haliyal. Does anyone know how this route condition is?

I have taken this route in June this year and many times before, it is good except for the 10/12 km right after the Kittur turn may have some potholes after the rains. This is the shortest route from Pune to Dandeli, and I would recommend it.
shajoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 13:59   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
I have taken this route in June this year and many times before, it is good except for the 10/12 km right after the Kittur turn may have some potholes after the rains. This is the shortest route from Pune to Dandeli, and I would recommend it.
Thank you for the response, shajoshi! I will do as you suggested and take this route for the onward journey to Dandeli at least.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 14th November 2018, 10:04   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
This is the shortest route from Pune to Dandeli, and I would recommend it.
Hi shajoshi, thanks again for your route advice. I took the Kittur exit on the onward journey and it took me exactly 8 hours (with one 30 min breakfast break) to reach Dandeli (via Alnavar-Haliyal). The road's condition till it touches SH34 before Alnavar isn't exactly pristine, but not very horrible. Like you said, maybe 20-25% of this road is broken, and the rest is decent.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 14th November 2018 at 10:08.
Old 17th December 2018, 18:30   #179
BHPian

Hi Members,

Few of us friends have planned trip to Star Ling River resort near Dandeli this annual shutdown period.

We need to visit hubli to pick one of our friend from the railway station at around 8 AM before we proceed to Dandeli

Considering the 6 lane work between haveri and hubli, what should be the start time from Bangalore?

Also, from Hubli to dandeli which route is recommended?

Thanks in advance
Old 20th December 2018, 00:42   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Considering the 6 lane work between haveri and hubli, what should be the start time from Bangalore
No need to be worried about 6 laning work, it's well marked and smooth. You will not face any substantial delay. May be factor in additional 20 minutes.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks