Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 21:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I just did this route last weekend (although it was the other way round). Dandeli to Dudh Sagar road is good.
Regarding Dudh Sagar, there is no proper road to the falls. You can go there only in 4X4 vehicles. Your vehicle can go upto Collem and from there you have to hire a jeep to go to the falls.
Thanks addyhemmige, I would actually like to trek from Collem to Dudhsagar. So if the roads upto Collem are fine, then no problem! So how much time did you take from Collem to Dandeli and what was the approximate distance?

Thanks,
NMA

Last edited by nma83 : 16th July 2009 at 21:43.
Old 16th July 2009, 21:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

I feel from Dandeli to Collem can be reached in 1 to 2 hrs. you might find Jeep who can take you to Dudh sagar falls. This is another place which is very risky in rainy season but best enjoyed in rains.

Please note that Collem is in Goa. So taxy entry needs interstate tax to be paid and rules are very strict in Goa.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 16th July 2009 at 21:58.
Old 17th July 2009, 10:54   #18
BHPian

I'm planning to do this drive from Bangalore to Ganeshgudi sometime in September. Purpose is adventure only, no leisures. Looking forward to more inputs on the road and kind of activities from people who have already done it.
Old 17th July 2009, 12:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I feel from Dandeli to Collem can be reached in 1 to 2 hrs. you might find Jeep who can take you to Dudh sagar falls. This is another place which is very risky in rainy season but best enjoyed in rains.
Please note that Collem is in Goa. So taxy entry needs interstate tax to be paid and rules are very strict in Goa.
Ravi: I will be driving in my car, so there should be no tax issues. Now there is worry about the road conditions considering the recent flooding near Haveri/Belgaum etc. I am hoping to keep the plan afloat though...
Old 29th July 2009, 19:11   #20
BHPian

Dandeli

I am planning a Bangalore - Dandeli drive (14 - 16 Aug).

Is this the best route to reach Dandeli -->
B'lore - Hubli - Belgaum - Khanapur - Ganeshgudi - dandeli

Any update on the road conditions will be highly appreciated.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:46   #21

Bangalore to Ganeshgudi

I am planning to drive to Ganeshgudi over the weekend. The intended route is from Bangalore -Haveri-Shiggaon-Kalghatgi-Haliyal-Ganeshgudi. Any idea how the roads are from Shiggaon to Ganesgudi?
Old 26th March 2010, 15:31   #22
BHPian

Planning to travel to Dandeli next week. Can anyone let me know whats the best route to take now? I quite familiar from Blore to Haveri, would like to know the route best to take to Ganeshgudi from there. Please help. Also is it right time to visit Dandeli at this time of the season?
Old 26th March 2010, 15:38   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Planning to travel to Dandeli next week. Can anyone let me know whats the best route to take now? I quite familiar from Blore to Haveri, would like to know the route best to take to Ganeshgudi from there. Please help. Also is it right time to visit Dandeli at this time of the season?
Simplest route is to drive till Dharwad and then go to Haliyal and then onwards to Dandeli.
Dandeli to Ganesh gudi can be done either via Joida or via Londa.
I think the one via Joida will go though Subba dam. Should not take more than 2 hours.

Note that Dharwad-Haliyal-Dandeli is a bad stretch. You cant do great speeds. Not sure of the latest road conditions.
Old 26th March 2010, 19:12   #24
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
is it right time to visit Dandeli at this time of the season?
Yes, it is. South West monsoon will start by May-end, until then, it is right time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Subba dam. Note that Dharwad-Haliyal-Dandeli is a bad stretch. Not sure of the latest road conditions.
It is Supa Dam, the major storage reservoir of Kalinadi Hydro-Electric Project, constructed, operated and maintained by Karnataka Power Corporation Limited.

The condition of Dharwad-Haliyal-Dandeli stretch still remains the same.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 26th March 2010 at 19:13.

Old 26th March 2010, 19:50   #25
Team-BHP Support

It is Supa Dam, the major storage reservoir of Kalinadi Hydro-Electric Project, constructed, operated and maintained by Karnataka Power Corporation Limited.

The condition of Dharwad-Haliyal-Dandeli stretch still remains the same.[/quote]

Sorry for the typo. My mistake. I stayed in that area for about 10 years. Kadra to Dandeli/Londa used to be one of the most beautiful drives ever, but the road conditions were horrible. Also, there used to be hardly a state transport bus service. Going to Londa to catch the Goa Express to Delhi, was always a challenge. .

Sorry for the OT.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Simplest route is to drive till Dharwad and then go to Haliyal and then onwards to Dandeli.
this the route to take

Quote:
Dandeli to Ganesh gudi can be done either via Joida or via Londa.
I think the one via Joida will go though Subba dam. Should not take more than 2 hours.
for Dandeli to Ganesh the road via joida is better of the 2. traveled 1 month back only
no need to go all the way to joida, infact you can join the road few kms after joida

Quote:
Note that Dharwad-Haliyal-Dandeli is a bad stretch. You cant do great speeds. Not sure of the latest road conditions.
the road condition is much better now. dharwad dandeli is easily doable in 1-1.5 hrs

P.S. if you directly want to go to ganeshgudi, u can take a deviation from haliyal dandeli road just after the second forest check post from haliyal
Old 26th March 2010, 21:52   #27
Team-BHP Support

i_see, thanks for the updates. I used to frequent this route ten years back. Your comments took me back in time !
Old 30th March 2010, 18:46   #28
Team-BHP Support

Folks, Has any one tried the
Shimoga - Talguppa - Sirsi - Yellapur - Haliayal - Dandeli stretch?

One of my friends had done it almost 6 months back.
Just wanted to know if others have done the same and what is the current status?
Old 30th March 2010, 18:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, Has any one tried the
Shimoga - Talguppa - Sirsi - Yellapur - Haliayal - Dandeli stretch?

One of my friends had done it almost 6 months back.
Just wanted to know if others have done the same and what is the current status?
I have been on this route last August, in the return direction. I was returning from Goa.

I took the Dandeli-Yellapur-Sirsi-Siddapura-Talguppa-Sagar-Shimoga. I think we bypassed Haliyal and took some other route. The road conditions from Dandeli to Yellapur was a bit rough, but after Yellapur, it was smooth sailing all the way to Shimoga.

Last month, I drove from Sirsi to Shimoga after a visit to Yaana and the road is still holding up well. No problems whatsoever.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:08   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I have been on this route last August, in the return direction. I was returning from Goa.

I took the Dandeli-Yellapur-Sirsi-Siddapura-Talguppa-Sagar-Shimoga. I think we bypassed Haliyal and took some other route. The road conditions from Dandeli to Yellapur was a bit rough, but after Yellapur, it was smooth sailing all the way to Shimoga.

Last month, I drove from Sirsi to Shimoga after a visit to Yaana and the road is still holding up well. No problems whatsoever.
Thanks ! This looks like a nice tourist route, where folks can visit Chikmagulur or nearby area and proceed North towards Dandeli JLR , with amazing views all the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks