Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
This is great news. So if I leave by about a sane 7 am in the morning - do a quick 3-4 hour meeting, then I should be able to get back into Bangalore by nightfall.
HI Red Liner,
I came through this road yesterday.. the only thing i can say is wow. roads are all complete. i was doing 140 to 160 (occassionally). no obstacles other than few chaps in cycle or bike trying to cross in village limits from the small cut meant for water flow. other than this no issues at all. if u have safari or scorpio u can zoom in. one of the best roads i have come across . bangalore. housur>>krishnagiri>> dharmapuri>> salem. while corssing dharmapuri you will get some BP pertol pump with rest place. even thats good. food i havent tried.

total toll fees is 38 Rs and 49 Rs in two toll gates. If u coming back on same road then theres discounted package for you. he will ask you one way or two way. buy it accordingly. and roads are ready to use. i loved my drive. and it took 4 hrs 30 min as i encountered heavy rains in route.

Go for it. you will love it.
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:40   #17
BHPian

Drove Bangalore to Erode and back the same day in August.
Blr ( nice rd junc on NH7 )- 6am, salem - 9.00am ( without stops ) erode - 11am
return - erode - 4pm, salem - 6.30pm, blr - 11.00pm ( with 30 mins stop at adyar bhavan )

Roads are excellent from Bangalore to Salem ( NH 7 ).

Minor diversions / constructions present just before Salem ( near the unopened toll plaza )

Adyar Anand Bhavan is on the right side a kilometer before Thoppur toll plaza (with no break in median ). I could not see any other decent food place after krishnagiri till salem.

Have a safe drive !
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Salem route query-picture-430.jpg  

Bangalore - Salem route query-picture-431.jpg  

Bangalore - Salem route query-picture-432.jpg  

Bangalore - Salem route query-picture-433.jpg  

Bangalore - Salem route query-picture-436.jpg  

Bangalore - Salem route query-picture-437.jpg  

Bangalore - Salem route query-picture-438.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2009, 15:55   #18
Team-BHP Support

Nice pictures. I also remember that I noted the Adyar Anand Bhavan, after it passed. Thanks for data, that its before Thoppur. I will keep an eye next time I pass.

I also remember that nearing Salem, there used to be many diversions. Just near the engineering college.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

roads are excellent upto salem from bangalore.
jus drove back yesterday from there.
expect to pay a toll of almost 120 for 3 booths along the way.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:15   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

WOW! Thats some road there! Honestly wish I could motorbike it with the weather that's been going around lately...
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is great news. So if I leave by about a sane 7 am in the morning - do a quick 3-4 hour meeting, then I should be able to get back into Bangalore by nightfall.
I would suggest that you start a little earlier as the inflow of heavy vehicles into Bangalore is more during this part of the day and you will get struck in hosur and electronics city due to the flyover consrtuctions and bad roads.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Bumping this thread! How are the roads between Bangalore and Salem now? Which is the most optimum route - considering I need to dash down there, do a few hours of work and get back to Bangalore by night fall?!
Hi,

I drive down to Salem from Bangalore every weekend. The route is very good. There will be traffic from Hosur till Krishnagiri most of the times as this route connects to Chennai. Once you cross Krishnagiri the traffic becomes very less and you can very quickly reach Salem. I take 2 & half hours from Hosur to Salem.

There are 3 toll gates a. Krishnagiri - 25 rs b. Dharmapuri - 48 rs & c. Salem - 34 rs. Since you are planning to return the same day then you may have to pay less for two way journey.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:33   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
I would suggest that you start a little earlier as the inflow of heavy vehicles into Bangalore is more during this part of the day and you will get struck in hosur and electronics city due to the flyover consrtuctions and bad roads.
And also late in the evening the Sarjapur bypass may not be a good option.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:09   #24
BHPian

Salem has bybass

I'm planning to drive down to madurai and already knows the route, but just wanted to know whether any new bybass is there for avoiding salem? or still same 2/3 circle junctions we've to cross? :(
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Good pictures Roamingrao.Planning to drive from Trichy to Banglore and then to Hyderabad next week.The photos are encouraging to drive.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:51   #26
BHPian

Yes, you should be. Beware of the driving getting too boring because of good roads.
While coming back you'll already be quite tired, so take ample breaks in between and keep coffee or a couple of cans of red bull handy.
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I'm planning to drive down to madurai and already knows the route, but just wanted to know whether any new bybass is there for avoiding salem? or still same 2/3 circle junctions we've to cross? :(
That road is actually the By-Pass for Salem Any thing new? i dont think they will even plan one more.

You are right, most guys miss that last right turn and end up driving towards NH45. Hope there are clear signs by now. it use to be there, but was covered due to the construction work.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
That road is actually the By-Pass for Salem
Oh, then its same as madurai by-bass(so called) :(.
Anyways thanks
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

I feel sad to write this but the roads after the TN border till Bangalore has to get better. The Attibele and Chandapura crossings are horrible especially after the bad rains. The 6 laning thankfully is complete is a lot of stretches.

Why is it taking them so long to complete the 3 simple bridges. EC and Bommanahalli are also a mess but still better compared to the others.

I am waiting for the day when the Silk Board EC road is opened and all flyovers are completed.

Another question: Are the speedbreakers on the Thoppur Ghat section still there?
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:12   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. Speed breakers are still there. Writing from the roads. Smooth stretch, painstaking traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks