Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 22:25   #46
adc
Senior - BHPian

A fantastic travelogue and this one goes into my archives. Hope to go over there next year along with a part of Uttaranchal.
Old 19th January 2008, 11:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thank you ADC. You can contact any one of us:

Gurudutt (gd1418), Roshun (roshun) or Ashish (ashishg2dec) for any details about Dudhwa as & when you decide to undertake that tour next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
A fantastic travelogue and this one goes into my archives. Hope to go over there next year along with a part of Uttaranchal.
Old 19th January 2008, 17:19   #48
BHPian

Great Travelogue

Thanks for a detailed report! Sprankled with ample humor, made an interesting reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Thank you ADC. You can contact any one of us:

Gurudutt (gd1418), Roshun (roshun) or Ashish (ashishg2dec) for any details about Dudhwa as & when you decide to undertake that tour next year.

Can you also publish details about how to book acco, guide, elephant ride etc it will be great!
Old 20th January 2008, 13:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Dudhwa - bookings, guide, elephant ride etc.

Thank you Druva. About the accommodation, guide and the elephant ride, general details are in the travelogue. Booking I did not mention. That was lacking.

However, here are the details:

Booking:

There are two types of accommodation available in Dudhwa. One in some parts of core area inside the forest and one on the fringes near the HQ.

Inside the core area of forest the accommodation are called 'Van vishram Griha' roughly translated as Forest Rest House. These are in Sathiyana, Salukapur and Sonaripur. The one in Sathiyana (where we stayed) is the best; I was told so by the guide as well as some others too there. The other two are good too but some improvement work is going on. All the rest houses are equipped with a caretaker and Solar power assuring you light in the night. During the day in winters they shut it down to conserve power since due to foggy conditions the sun appears late.. In summers I presume it is 24 hrs.

The park opens for public from November to May.

Dudhwa Resorts,Dudhwa Wildlife Resort India,Dudhwa Jungle Resorts in Uttar Pradesh

To book the FRH one has to write to the chief wildlife warden of Uttar Pradesh in Lucknow. To ensure availability, it is better to make some politico like and MP/MLA to write a letter to the CWW, because many high-ups from UP State too visit this place and to accommodate them lesser mortals are bumped off.

Then there are huts called the Tharu huts that are given on contract to UP tourism and their booking is handles by them.

Once you reach Dudhwa after getting your bookings done, you have to contact the DFO at the HQ to make the payments etc and get the guide and do the bookings for the elephant ride.

For more information, contact the Director, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, District Lakhimpur Kheri, Uttar Pradesh (Tel: 05872-252106). Additional assistance can be obtained from the Chief Wildlife Warden at 17, Rana Pratap Marg, Lucknow.

I hope this informaton is useful to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Thanks for a detailed report! Sprankled with ample humor, made an interesting reading.

Can you also publish details about how to book acco, guide, elephant ride etc it will be great!

Last edited by Stratos : 4th March 2011 at 12:24.
Old 25th April 2016, 11:34   #50
BHPian

Dudhwa National Park - queries

All:

I am planning for our annual trip during the summer vacations and looking at some offbeat destinations this time.

I am thinking of going to Dudhwa national park - but cant find a lot of information about it. Need some help and pointers -

1. What are the stay options in Dudhwa? I have seen some FRHs - are they any good? How to book them? any resorts nearby?
2. How is the wildlife sighting - I have heard that we can see Rhinos also in Dudhwa - anyone has had first hand experience?
3. Roads to Dudhwa - I am planning to goto Dudhwa from LKO. Any pointers about the roads, etc.
4. Is May a good time to visit?

Looking forward to all the information and suggestions. Please pour in.

Thanks.
Old 25th April 2016, 23:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dudhwa National Park - queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
All:

I am planning for our annual trip during the summer vacations and looking at some offbeat destinations this time.

I am thinking of going to Dudhwa national park - but cant find a lot of information about it. Need some help and pointers -

1. What are the stay options in Dudhwa? I have seen some FRHs - are they any good? How to book them? any resorts nearby?
2. How is the wildlife sighting - I have heard that we can see Rhinos also in Dudhwa - anyone has had first hand experience?
3. Roads to Dudhwa - I am planning to goto Dudhwa from LKO. Any pointers about the roads, etc.
4. Is May a good time to visit?

Looking forward to all the information and suggestions. Please pour in.

Thanks.
1. in Apr 2012 we stayed in Jambolana Safari Camp <wilderness.safaris@gmail.com> / Jamshed Singh +91 9810017372
charged us - Safari tent x1 @ 5000/night; Extra Bed @ 1000/night
Children aged 6 and below are complementary

Other options:
used to be a crappy sharda hotel and another lousy one. people sometimes said, the nepal side options (20km away) are better. no idea though.
old info from GD saab:
Hotel Sharda, Palia. Phone 05871-233444.

Hotel Pushpanjali, Nighasan Road, Palia. 233172.

Bharat Lodge, Palia, Lakhimpur. 233536.

Hotel Rai Palace - Palia. Tel. No. 235233, 298098.

Hotel Mahendra, Dudhwa National Park Road, Palia, Phone 233247.

Hotel Basera, Station Road, Palia. Phone 233835.

Hotel Roopam, Palia. Tel. No. 9415166102

Hotel Amar, Palia. Tel. No. 234211.

2. Excellent park land. We saw only limited deer, nothing else. It was a great drive taking your own car inside. I have not even considered going back even once in the last four years - although I still dream of going back to Ranthambore / Bandhavgarh.
3. Excellent roads as of Apr 2012 though.
4. Apr end was a good time though could be a bit hot in the day.
Old 5th March 2019, 16:48   #52
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dudhwa Tiger Reserve & National Park

Posting this in an old thread since there have been a lot of changes to the ecotourism scene in UP since the last post.

I just came back from a jungle trip to Dudhwa. Ours was a group of 5. Was thoroughly satisfied by the quick and effective operations of the forest rest houses which can be booked through UP ecotourism website. We stayed for two days at Dudhwa and took three safaris out of which one was at Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary (26 km from Dudhwa).

Bookings:-
The booking was done through the upecotourism website

Room Rate: INR 3000/- (double occupancy) or 2000 (single occupancy)
Extra Bed: INR 1000/-
Dorm: INR 1000/- (per bed for 10 beds)
Accommodation is inclusive of breakfast.

Safari: INR 2000/- (6 seater xenon inclusive of guide and entry fee + 826 extra for Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary)

Paid Lunch/Dinner: INR 350/- (per head for standard buffet menu, slightly customizable)

Route:-
Drove from Auraiya to Dudhwa via Hardoi > Shahjahanpur > Palia. Route is nice with a manageable bottleneck at Shahjahanpur (old town=narrow streets). Hardoi to Shahjahanpur is specially traffic free.

A distance of 297 km done in 7 hours due to the early departure time of 6:30 AM. Took a 45 min break in between after Hardoi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks