Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 19:04   #1
BHPian

need help on vashi to banglore road trip

I am planning on a road trip from vashi to bangalore and I need some advice on how much distance i should try to run in the first day. I dont intend to speed away to glory and so want to take a stop in between and drive to bangalore the next day. So which is the ideal place to halt. Is it belgaum or hubli or any other place.
I intend to start my trip at around 5 am in the morning from vashi. Also what are the good options for breaks to have bfast, lunch and snacks.
What precautions must I take and how is the road conditions? I dont want to take the trip without proper planning so I am looking forward to plenty of good suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 21st November 2007, 15:17   #2
BHPian

Hey guys do send me some info about the mumbai banglore trip. I also intend to visit Mysore and Nandi hills once I am in bangalore. Where can I find good maps and directions? Can anyone suggest a good hotel in Nandi hills? Also are there any vineyard resorts around the area?
Old 21st November 2007, 16:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Hey guys do send me some info about the mumbai banglore trip. I also intend to visit Mysore and Nandi hills once I am in bangalore. Where can I find good maps and directions? Can anyone suggest a good hotel in Nandi hills? Also are there any vineyard resorts around the area?
Chittybang,

Have you looked at other threads on this subject ? If not, following is how you go about it.

Go to Route/Travel Queries forum. Click on search this forum link (top right of forum pane) and select Advanced Search. When you get the advanced search window, type Mumbai and select Search Titles only. The search results have at least two threads on Mumbai-Bangalore travel. You can try the same for Travelogues forum and find more results.
Old 21st November 2007, 17:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Bombay-Bangalore - choices are Dharwad, where you can stay at Hotel Hoysala, or at Hubli further down (maybe Hotel Ananth Residency). If you are still slower than that, you have Hotel Sankam Residency at Belgaum.

Satara (Hotel Mahendra) would be a good place to stop for breakfast (you should reach there by 9 am at the latest, assuming start from Vashi at 5 am).

Even assuming that you spend an hour there, you should reach Belgaum by 1 pm, and you can have lunch there (Hotel Sankam Residency). Dharwad-Hubli are just 1.5-2 hours drive away, you should be there latest by 4 pm.

You could target Davangere which is less than 2 hours away (with soem slow driving on the bad road streches in this route, maximum 3 hours). You can stay at Hotel Pooja International or Hotel Sai International.

Leave next day morning and you should be in Bangalore by noon.

Road conditions are great till Hubli, but after that road widening work is a little bit of a mess, worsening between Haveri and Ranebennur. Harihar-Davangere bypass is also not in a great shape.

You can email me at hvkumar@gmail.com if you want a detailed log book from my previous trips with route details, petrol stations, etc
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:36   #5
BHPian

Davangere or hubli-dharwad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You could target Davangere which is less than 2 hours away (with soem slow driving on the bad road streches in this route, maximum 3 hours). You can stay at Hotel Pooja International or Hotel Sai International.
Is there a website for these hotels? Thanks for the reply it surely gives me a better perspective on the journey. Also should i push to Davanagere or stick to hubli dharwad. I dont want to drive at night. I have been to Goa and the night driving wasnt very enjoyable. The vehicles from the opposite side never use the dipper.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

No, these hotels are too small to have a web-site. No advanace booking is required. Yes, I think you shoudl reach Davangere comfortably before dark even if you have some halts for food breaks. I assume you will leave at 500 am. Keep in mind that the worst stretches on this trip will be between Haveri and Ranebennur prior to reaching Davangere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks