Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 19:35   #91
BHPian

The last time I did this stretch was couple of months back and I felt the roads were good for almost the entire stretch.

Normally when I drive on the NH45 stretch I prefer to stop at Acharapakkam for a quick bite. The hotels name is Ganesh Bhavan. It has good rest room facility and the food is quite good.

Perambalur is one area where the accidents are quite often. Is this to do with the highway or with the people?
Old 11th November 2011, 19:56   #92
Senior - BHPian

re: Chennai - Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
Yesterday night, was coming back in ECR after a short visit to Mahabalipuram. Traffic was huge and no lane discipline followed by most, esp TNSTC buses.
Hopefully they convert the entire stretch into 4 lane atleast to reduce the growing number of accidents.

Is the one you are referring, attached to Ghar dhaba?
I am personally against 4 laning of the ECR. It will kill the beauty and serene atmosphere if it is converted. For Chennai-Pondy, we anyway have 4 Lane Road (Chennai-Tindivanam-Pondy).

Yes. It is. There is only one A2B in this stretch.
Old 14th November 2011, 20:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The ECR is a nightmare. The road is good but has very limited visibility and the attitude of everyone on the road is aggressive.
Always a better option to use the tindivanam route, saves precious time and fuel and much safer too unless you live in tiruvanmiyur and surrounding areas.
Old 14th November 2011, 21:20   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Always a better option to use the tindivanam route, saves precious time and fuel and much safer too unless you live in tiruvanmiyur and surrounding areas.
I agree with you. ECR has lost the scenic touch and even if we take our eyes off for a sec to enjoy the scenic beauty , we are in for trouble. With the reckless driving , share auto's and People crossing the road , this is not anymore worth the risk.

I prefer the tindivanam route at all cost.
Old 21st November 2011, 12:11   #95

Hi ,

Please find below the route to reach trichy, Its fantastic 4 lane road.You should reach trichy in less than 5 hrs on a decent speed.

Chengalpattu - Tindivanam - Viluppuram - Ulundur Peati - Perambalur -Trichy.
Old 27th November 2011, 22:23   #96
BHPian

Hi,

I just completed my trichy drive today. It took us 6 hes with an hour of break to reach back chennai. The route we took

Chennai- tindivanam - vikravandi- vilipuram- vridhachalam- trichy

The 4 lane highway is excellent but comes along with it is the risks of accidents( saw 2 on the spot deaths today all because of reckless ill disciplined senseless driving by two wheelers , ace , travels guys.

On the way u can try Annamalai at vilipuram by pass for food.good decent hotel.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Hi,

I just completed my trichy drive today. It took us 6 hes with an hour of break to reach back chennai. The route we took

Chennai- tindivanam - vikravandi- vilipuram- vridhachalam- trichy

The 4 lane highway is excellent but comes along with it is the risks of accidents( saw 2 on the spot deaths today all because of reckless ill disciplined senseless driving by two wheelers , ace , travels guys.

On the way u can try Annamalai at vilipuram by pass for food.good decent hotel.
Why did you do Chennai-Vridhachalam-Trichy? I don't see a reason for doing via Vridhachalam unless you wanted to do it.
Old 28th November 2011, 06:35   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Why did you do Chennai-Vridhachalam-Trichy? I don't see a reason for doing via Vridhachalam unless you wanted to do it.
Hi,

Vridhachalam - I meant the NH 45 route which connects vridhachalam as well . I guess i confused you by saying Vridhachalam. Sorry.Shall edit the same
Old 9th February 2012, 16:14   #99
BANNED

I am planning a night journey from Chennai to Trichy tomorrow around 8.00 PM after office. I will be starting from Adayar and plan to go to Srirangam, how far it is OK to do a night travel completely?
Tea breaks, any suggestions with good wash rooms to refresh and continue the journey...
Old 9th February 2012, 17:20   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
Tea breaks, any suggestions with good wash rooms to refresh and continue the journey...
I think Adyar Anand Bhavan is not a 24x7 place even on the highway.
You will need to look at other roadside places only.

Last edited by ampere : 9th February 2012 at 17:45.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 17:33   #101
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
I will be starting from Adayar and plan to go to Srirangam, how far it is OK to do a night travel completely?
Perfectly okay. Hotel Brindavanaa attached with IOC Jubilee pump located between Chengalpet and Tindivanam on LHS of NH 45 while going from Chennai to Trichy and Hotel Arya's Garden located on RHS of NH 45 near Tindivanam bypass are good eateries to break the journey. But, they won't be open beyond midnight. However, many roadside tea stalls would be open throughout the night all along the way.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 9th February 2012 at 17:41.
  (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 13:10   #102
BANNED

Started Chennai at 6.30 PM iteself... reached the first toll before Chengalpattu around 8.00 PM arrived safely at Trichy Srirangam around 11.30 PM, had two breaks for about 5 to 10 min to wipe the front windshield and relax...
Average speed around 74 KMs per hour as given by my car... touched 120 when the roads are free, after crossing Samayapuram, before Tollgate, took diversion on the right hand side, reached Tollgate took the old Kollidam bridge and reached the residence....
Upto Villupuram lorry traffic was heavy and both the lanes were being occupied the lorries... it took some time to get through them.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:43   #103
Senior - BHPian

I'm going from Namakkal to Chennai.

Route will be Namakkal - Thoriyur - Perambalur - Chennai.

Question: Good places to have lunch on the Perambalur - Chennai route? Need multiple options as I'm not sure what time we will leave Namakkal.

I see Hotel Arya's Garden near Tindivanam as an option.

Anything between Perambalur and Tindivanam? Is there an Adyar Ananda Bhavan somewhere close to Ulundurpet? Is it on the highway or does one need to take a deviation?

Anything else?

thanks folks.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:45   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I'm going from Namakkal to Chennai.

Route will be Namakkal - Thoriyur - Perambalur - Chennai.

Question: Good places to have lunch on the Perambalur - Chennai route? Need multiple options as I'm not sure what time we will leave Namakkal.

I see Hotel Arya's Garden near Tindivanam as an option.

Anything between Perambalur and Tindivanam? Is there an Adyar Ananda Bhavan somewhere close to Ulundurpet? Is it on the highway or does one need to take a deviation?

Anything else?

thanks folks.
3 km after ulundurpet Toll plaza ,as you come on your left.
One more hotel as you enter villupuram bye pass but is on the right side.

tx
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 13:05   #105
BHPian

@CSENTIL: There's a hotel on left side, opposite to Perambalur bus stand. I forgot the name, but a sweet stall is adjacent to it. You can easily identify this hotel. Mostly all cars going through Perambalur will have a stop there. It has a A/C dining also. I will have my dinner there every time I go to Namakkal from Chennai. Southindian food is really good.

Cheers
Dinesh
ndinesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks