Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2014, 19:44   #391

Re: Coorg recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The two best places from a hotel point of view:
- Tamara
- Taj Vivanta.

Take your pick. You wont go wrong with either of them.

Congrats.
Thank you so much.I'm planning for a 10-14 day's stay and would drive from Chennai. Is there anything I should be aware of? Also with 10-14 days to spend, is there any interesting place/things to do near by Coorg? Once again thank you so much.
Old 5th December 2014, 21:40   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotys View Post
Thank you so much.I'm planning for a 10-14 day's stay and would drive from Chennai. Is there anything I should be aware of? Also with 10-14 days to spend, is there any interesting place/things to do near by Coorg? Once again thank you so much.
The the later months of the year see rain in Coorg. (Early second half). You can hire a cab and go around the regular tourist locations. Nothing specific to suggest unless you are looking some moderate trek like options (which I think you may not be looking for).
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 23:40   #393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Could you please share the room rates, I am unable to find their website for details.
Looks like their website is down since December 1st, due to domain issues. You can get their contact details from Trip Advisor. They rank #1 among homestays in Coorg, as per Trip Advisor ratings.

Being a homestay- I'm not sure if the rent is standard throughout the year. It cost me around 2.7k per room + additional charges for dinner etc.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 13:07   #394
Senior - BHPian

Posting this question on behalf of my friend who is planning a trip to Coorg in Jan.

1> Please recommend some nice resorts, not homestays. Not a 5-star luxury resort but something in the 3/4 star range with a nice location. (budget ~4-5K per night)
2>Assuming 3-4 days stay, what could be the places to be covered (itinerary)?

He is looking for a nice relaxed holiday and has no intention on covering every possible place of interest.He will be travelling to Coorg in his own vehicle from Hyderabad with a night stopover at Bangalore.
Old 16th December 2014, 18:57   #395
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Posting this question on behalf of my friend who is planning a trip to Coorg in Jan.

1> Please recommend some nice resorts, not homestays. Not a 5-star luxury resort but something in the 3/4 star range with a nice location. (budget ~4-5K per night)
Try Orange County or Windflower. There is also Kadkani which is towards Virajpet
*They may not be in the budget range that you mentioned though
Usual places for visits are:
1.Kushalnagar - Cauvery Nisargadhama
2.Dubare Elephant camp - close to Kushalnagar
3.Abby Falls
4.Talacauvery
5.Baghamandala
6.Madikeri Fort
7.Raja Seat
8.Omkareshwara temple (next to Raja Seat)

Last edited by NPV : 16th December 2014 at 18:59.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 19:21   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Try Orange County or Windflower. There is also Kadkani which is towards Virajpet
Orange county is through the roof! Only Windflower Kadkani are the good ones. The absolute best I would rate is Taj Vivanta and Tamara.

You may also want to check Club Mahindra.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 15:53   #397
BHPian

Hi Guys, I am planning for a trip to Coorg this weekend. Planning to drive to Coorg. Any help in route suggestions from Bangalore to Coorg.Which road should I be taking or can I following Google Maps? Going to stay in Heritage resorts, Coorg.
Old 17th December 2014, 17:13   #398
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
Hi Guys, I am planning for a trip to Coorg this weekend. Planning to drive to Coorg. Any help in route suggestions from Bangalore to Coorg.Which road should I be taking or can I following Google Maps? Going to stay in Heritage resorts, Coorg.
Seems like the place is near Madikeri, so take the usual Mysore Road route:
Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Madikeri

Needless to say, start early to avoid Mysore road traffic. Enroute you can stop by at Cauvery Nisargadhama & Dubare Elephant camp if time permits, this may also help you reach the resort around check-in time or just after that and in time for lunch there
Old 17th December 2014, 17:29   #399
Senior - BHPian

@ NPV and @ampere,
many thanks for the recos but these seem way too costly.
Anything decent in the 5K range?

Coorg seems extremely expensive place. I am not planning to go there myself soon but I am wondering why the prices are so steep. I have been to Munnar recently and could find a very good resort at 5K per night.

Club Mahindra seems more reasonable at 8K per night but thats still way above the budget.

Quote:
Let us know how was your stay with Heritage resorts and is it worth the money.
Old 17th December 2014, 17:33   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like the place is near Madikeri, so take the usual Mysore Road route:
Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Madikeri

Needless to say, start early to avoid Mysore road traffic. Enroute you can stop by at Cauvery Nisargadhama & Dubare Elephant camp if time permits, this may also help you reach the resort around check-in time or just after that and in time for lunch there

Thanks NPV for the suggestion. Yes, this resort is in Galibeedu.

I am planning to visit Dubare elephant camp the next day morning. Also heard that we have to visit the elephant camp before 10:30 AM
Old 19th December 2014, 09:14   #401
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks NPV for the suggestion. Yes, this resort is in Galibeedu.

I am planning to visit Dubare elephant camp the next day morning. Also heard that we have to visit the elephant camp before 10:30 AM
Missed in my earlier post - one more place to visit would be the Tibetan monastery and settlement at Bylakuppe near Kushalnagar.
Old 19th December 2014, 11:37   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Missed in my earlier post - one more place to visit would be the Tibetan monastery and settlement at Bylakuppe near Kushalnagar.

Thanks NPV. Sure, I have plan to visit those places
Old 27th December 2014, 13:07   #403
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to visit Mandalpatti. Starting Sunday morning (tomorrow) and planning to be back by Monday evening. Taking the following route.

Bangalore – Mandaya – Hunsur (via ranganthittu) – Periyapattna – Siddapura – Madikeri – Mandalpatti

Planning to stay somewhere around Siddapura/Madikeri while going, visit Mandapatti early in the morning, see abbey falls while return and take Virajpet-Gonikoppal-Hunsur route. I'm riding motorcycle (hopefully another rider will join too).
I see (still going over them) there are more than enough of homestays around Siddapura/Madikery to confuse one.
Any inputs around options to stay a night and route are welcome.
Thanks in advance!
Old 29th December 2014, 10:27   #404
BHPian

Dear Friends! We, a family consisting of two adults and one child, will be starting on 16th at around 4 am from North Coimbatore to Coorg. My booking is at CM, Madikeri and is till 18th Jan. Suggest me a good scenic route from Coimbatore. Also, please suggest me a not so demanding itinerary! I can cover some places on my way to Coorg on 16th too. I had taken this Mangalore-Puttur-Sullia-Madikeri-Nanjakodu-Samrajnagar-Sathy-Coimbatore during May 14 and since it was late night and was raining heavily after Nanjakodu, I had missed the usual route and did some blind drive in search of regular route. Please suggest me the correct route!
Old 29th December 2014, 12:06   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Dear Friends! We, a family consisting of two adults and one child, will be starting on 16th at around 4 am from North Coimbatore to Coorg. My booking is at CM, Madikeri and is till 18th Jan. Suggest me a good scenic route from Coimbatore. Also, please suggest me a not so demanding itinerary! I can cover some places on my way to Coorg on 16th too. I had taken this Mangalore-Puttur-Sullia-Madikeri-Nanjakodu-Samrajnagar-Sathy-Coimbatore during May 14 and since it was late night and was raining heavily after Nanjakodu, I had missed the usual route and did some blind drive in search of regular route. Please suggest me the correct route!
CBE-Annur-Satyamangalam-Chamrajnagar-Nanjangud-MYS-Periyapatna-Kushalnagar-Madikeri.

325 odd kms.I am not sure of the present road conditions though.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed