Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2016, 21:39   #586
BHPian

Re: Coorg recommendations

Hi guys.. Planning to do a 3 day 2 nights trip to Coorg in first week of July. Would like to stay in a good coffee estate. Does anyone have any suggestions? Place should be serene and scenic.
Old 29th June 2016, 23:22   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i20ian View Post
Hi guys.. Planning to do a 3 day 2 nights trip to Coorg in first week of July. Would like to stay in a good coffee estate. Does anyone have any suggestions? Place should be serene and scenic.
Then you are looking at Tata's Plantation Trail

http://www.plantationtrails.net/

It is full works with Butler service, nature trail walk and also a jeep safari ride in the plantation with a seasoned driver/guide

Last edited by Anupam : 29th June 2016 at 23:23.
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 11:13   #588
BHPian

Quote:
You can also check Old Kent Estates. Decent Food, Decent Location, Very Good Rooms and Service , price slightly on the higher side. Stayed there for 2 days and had a good experience in general. It comes before Madikeri on Mysore-Madikeri Road.
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 19:55   #589
BHPian

Thank you Anupam and shadows123. But the prices for the ones you have mentioned is very high. Aren't there any other cheaper options? If coffee estates are that much expensive then some home stay will do. The location should be serene and scenic.
Old 30th June 2016, 22:36   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Anupam and shadows123. But the prices for the ones you have mentioned is very high. Aren't there any other cheaper options? If coffee estates are that much expensive then some home stay will do. The location should be serene and scenic.
Look for a place called 'deep woodz', I have not stayed or been there but it was recommended by a friend who stays there on his every visit over years and still is happy to recommend it, they have 2 property, the main property is what you should target

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=de...-8#fpstate=lie
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 09:05   #591
BHPian

Hi,

I exchanged emails with the following home stay yesterday:

http://bellarimotteestate.com/

They told due to heavy rainfalls they will be operating from September.

Would like to know from fellow BHPians, is it advisable to visit the place now? Can I do any sight seeing at all with such heavy downpour?

Thanks,
Old 1st July 2016, 10:41   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Can I do any sight seeing at all with such heavy downpour?
Was there last weekend and it rained all through and its supposedly raining a lot more this week. If sightseeing is your main agenda, then you should probably wait till early September. If you want to enjoy the drive and weather then go now
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 11:04   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
If you want to enjoy the drive and weather then go now
I hear from folks who have been there earlier in this season, that Coorg is extremely beautiful and serene in this season and not to be missed
Old 1st July 2016, 11:50   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
I hear from folks who have been there earlier in this season, that Coorg is extremely beautiful and serene in this season and not to be missed
No doubt about that but then you need to be ready to get wet, deal with leaches and put up with some really strong winds that can send a chill up your spine In general if you are single/with friends and you can weather the elements, then its beautiful experience but if you are with family and comfort takes precedence, then would be better to sit out the rains and visit after.
Old 1st July 2016, 12:44   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Let me make things very simple - The entire Malnad Belt comprising Kodagu (Coorg), Sakleshpur, Chikmagalur, Shimoga regions at the peak of monsoons get battered by heavy rains - Trees and electricity poles uprooted, roads and bridges submerged and more.

No 2 hours are the same here when its raining heavily and it may even happen that it was sunny when you drove out but completely dark and non motor-able when you are returning after 2 hours!

With this, you really would not enjoy the rains or the scenery much. Rain, cloud and fog/mist would cover those valleys and hills which otherwise would be a sight seeing spot.

The best place to in these areas is when the rains are moderate or it has already rained in the last one/two weeks.

In fact, a few home stays are not even operating in these regions due to heavy rains.

And yes, it does take anything from 2 days to a week for electricity to get restored here if rains have been heavy. Forget the telephone lines anyway.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st July 2016 at 12:46.
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:39   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Would like to know from fellow BHPians, is it advisable to visit the place now? Can I do any sight seeing at all with such heavy downpour?

Thanks,
We had planned for a trip to coorg this weekend(Jul 1,2,3) but the home stay guy called us and asked to cancel the trip as it is raining very heavily there.
Old 2nd July 2016, 20:37   #597
BHPian

Hi,

Planning to do a Coorg trip next week. Booked a resort called Brook stone villas. Have anyone been there before? Any precautions to take while visiting hill stations during heavy rains?

Last edited by ampere : 2nd July 2016 at 20:54. Reason: Edited post
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:16   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
We had planned for a trip to coorg this weekend(Jul 1,2,3) but the home stay guy called us and asked to cancel the trip as it is raining very heavily there.
Oh boy, that's real bad news for me. I got my leaves approved, friends are ready to join, but the rain definitely seems to be a spoilsport.

Might be off topic, but at this time driving to Kodaikanal must be same right? Any suggestions for a 3 day vacation from Hyderabad at this time will be most welcome.
Old 3rd July 2016, 20:40   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh boy, that's real bad news for me. I got my leaves approved, friends are ready to join, but the rain definitely seems to be a spoilsport.

Might be off topic, but at this time driving to Kodaikanal must be same right? Any suggestions for a 3 day vacation from Hyderabad at this time will be most welcome.
Considering the current weather condition, Yercaud is a better option. You can check for Coonoor as well which is near Ooty.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 16:29   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
To All the experienced travelers @TBHP I would like you to pour in your suggesting regarding the tentative planning(be it time estimate or routes or eateries recommedations) that I have chalked out as below.
Competed this trip. Thanks to all who helped me in my queries.
Here is the travelogue of my trip-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mily-trip.html

Last edited by GTO : 11th July 2016 at 22:59. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks