Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:52   #106
BHPian

Re: Coorg recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi, we are leaving for Coorg tomorrow morning. Need your help in finalising the plan.

I made a draft plan as below, just see if its fine keeping in mind the crowd (hate too much of crowd), best time to visit each place in terms of ambience and opening/closing time of the place

Mon- 6:30 am start from Bannerghatta road, Bangalore and take the Mysore-Hunsur-Madikkeri road
9:00am - Breakfast (place, pls suggest)
11:00am - Tibetan settlement
1:00pm lunch at Madikkeri (place, pls suggest)
2:30pm Cofee Creek homestay, Maidkkeri
4:30pm - 7:00pm - Raja seat and Omkareshwara temple

Tue - 7:00am Nisargdhama (any restriction on early morning entry?)
9:00am Dubare elephant camp (do not know when the interaction with elephants start, is it possible to reach back by 10:00am for brekafast at Coffee Creek?)
10:00-1:30pm - exploring Zahed's estate and resting at CC.
1:30pm - lunch at Madikkeri (place, pls suggest)
2:00pm to 6:00pm - Harangi dam, Iguthappa temple, Nalknad palace (dont know in which order)

Wed - start at 6:30am for Talacauvery and Bhagamandala
10:00am breakfast at CC (possible?)
11:00 am to 12:30pm rest at CC
1:30pm lunch at Orange County, spend the evening there or drive around (pls suggest some scenic routes).

Thursday - start by 7:00am for Nagerhole and return to Bangalore via Muthanga (possible to cover Thirunelli temple?, not interested in Kuruva or Iruppu as water would be less)
Lunch (pls suggest)

Thank you in advance

VW

Hi Vinod,

I have sent you a mail with the best possible suggestions. Nontheless, the plan that you have posted here would not work out for most of the part.

Day 1 - Reach Mysore or Hunsur for breakfast. You can have breakfast at Coorg Cafe, as maddy has pointed out or you can go to another hotel which is just a bit further from there ( dont know the name )

After breakfast, go to the Tibetian golden temple. Have a peek at Harangi dam and return back to Kushalnagar. Then you can go to Cauvery Nisargdhama and finally finish Dubare. Make sure you reach Dubare before 4pm. In between, you can have lunch in Kushalnagar at Caravan Hotel. Its after the bus stand, on the left hand side.

Finish with Dubare and proceed to Coffee Creek.

Day 2 - Proceed to Bhagamandala, Talacauvery first. After that you can move to nalknad palace, padi iguthappa temple and then return back via Virajpet side. Iam afraid I do not have much idea about places that you can stop for lunch.

Day 3 - Proceed to Madikeri. Go to Abbey falls, Omkareshwara temple and Raja's seat. You can also see the Fort, but frankly there is not much to see there. From there you can proceed towards Orange County for lunch. The drive takes an hour or more.

Day 4 - Check out and head towards Irpu falls and then to Nagarhole. Finish the safari and then proceed straight back to Bangalore. Entering Kerala would take a heavy toll on the travel time, adding to the fatigue factor.
princezahed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 20:22   #107
BHPian

Thanks Maddy and Zahed,

A few douts - is the return via Virajpet on Day-2 fine considering the road conditions?
Can we go to Abbey falls early morning? Raja seat is known for sunset or sunrise? How far is Nagarhole from Madikkeri and how is the road till Nagerhole and further till Mysore? Any idea regarding the opening and closing time of Omkareshwara and Iguthappa temples?

Rgds
VW
Old 22nd May 2011, 20:36   #108
BHPian

I had stayed at the Club Mahindra Kodagu valley resort. It was fantastic. Excellent rooms, delicious food and a lot of inhouse activities to keep everyone occupied. We had booking through the Club mahindra membership deal. Wonder if anyone without a membership can get bookings too
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:02   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Thanks Maddy and Zahed,

A few douts - is the return via Virajpet on Day-2 fine considering the road conditions?
Can we go to Abbey falls early morning? Raja seat is known for sunset or sunrise? How far is Nagarhole from Madikkeri and how is the road till Nagerhole and further till Mysore? Any idea regarding the opening and closing time of Omkareshwara and Iguthappa temples?

Rgds
VW
Return via virajpet should not be a problem. You can go to abbey falls early morning. Raja's seat is best during sunrise or sunset. Nagarhole is about 85kms from madikeri town. The road is not the best. It generally takes about 3hrs or so to travel to nagarhole. From Nagarhole to mysore the road is fine. No idea about the temple timings.
Old 23rd May 2011, 02:20   #110
Senior - BHPian

Iguthappa temple is visited from the morning to noon. The maha pooja happens at around 12.30 followed by lunch at the temple premises.
Old 23rd May 2011, 08:02   #111
Team-BHP Support

Any first hand experiences about the Kadkani resort? The place seems like a major
5 star property and equally imposing are the tarriffs. Is it worth it?

Last edited by ampere : 23rd May 2011 at 08:06.
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:18   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
I had stayed at the Club Mahindra Kodagu valley resort. It was fantastic. Excellent rooms, delicious food and a lot of inhouse activities to keep everyone occupied. We had booking through the Club mahindra membership deal. Wonder if anyone without a membership can get bookings too
Yes. People without membership can get in also. They just have to pay more.
In fact most complaints from existing members is that the CM resorts prefer paying customers over club members for the extra money. I have seen a club member shouting that he was initially told no empty rooms when he called as a member and when some one he knows called as non-member, there were rooms
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:42   #113
BHPian

Does not that amount to looting the poor members. They pay a premium to enjoy their vacations , what , for 7 days in a year at these outlets , and these guys create an artificial shortage . Thats ridiculous. I am sure members must be aware of the same treatment being meted out to them. I know this was OT. Sorry
Old 11th August 2011, 21:03   #114
Senior - BHPian

We have planned a 3 day trip to Coorg this month end, weather & rain permitting. I have tentatively planned this itinerary:

Day1:
Start from Bangalore. Visit Bylekuppe, Kaveri Nisargadhama (+ Harangi dam)
Stay in Kushalanagara

Day2:
Madikeri local (+ Kakkabe)
Stay near Madikeri/Bhagamandala

Day3:
Bhagamandala, Talacauvery
Proceed towards Kukke Subramanya

I checked home stay sites and they are too many. Its difficult to make a selection. Since we plan to be out visiting places, please suggest a budget place to stay & for food (2 person with a 3yr old). Also any place I have missed in the itinerary.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:07   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
We have planned a 3 day trip to Coorg this month end, weather & rain permitting. I have tentatively planned this itinerary:

Day1:
Start from Bangalore. Visit Bylekuppe, Kaveri Nisargadhama (+ Harangi dam)
Stay in Kushalanagara

Day2:
Madikeri local (+ Kakkabe)
Stay near Madikeri/Bhagamandala

Day3:
Bhagamandala, Talacauvery
Proceed towards Kukke Subramanya

I checked home stay sites and they are too many. Its difficult to make a selection. Since we plan to be out visiting places, please suggest a budget place to stay & for food (2 person with a 3yr old). Also any place I have missed in the itinerary.
There is no need to stay in Kushalnagar. Make Madikeri as base and explore. No need to stay in Bhagamandala either. You can drive to Madikeri on day 1 and stay there. Most of home stays are going full. Check with Hotel Coorg International or Coorg Residency. You may get accomodation.

Day 1 is fine. On day 2, use first half for seeing Abbe falls, Gaddage and Raja seat (this place is best at sun rise as it will get covered by mist later). Afternoon, drive to Talacauvery. Check locally if you can go there as it is raining and Bhagamandala may be flooded. Evening, visit Omkareshwar temple.

On day 3, visit Iruppu falls in the morning - not to be missed during this time - and after lunch proceed towards Kukke.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 20:23   #116
BHPian

You can also check out Misty Woods resorts in Kakkabe. Its a beautiful resort with good cottages spread over quite a big area. The food is very good and they also have a private water falls (its natural one that runs within the resort boundary) includes a decent 0.6KM trek to reach it.

Route to reach Misty Woods:

Bangalore -> Srirangapattana -> Hunsur -> Gonikoppal ->Virajpet -> Kakkabe

Great place to spend long weekends.
Old 13th August 2011, 22:02   #117
BHPian

Can any one update me on the road condition Virajpet - Madikeri - Bhagamandala?

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:09   #118
BHPian

Team,

Anybody has any update on the road conditions in and around Madikeri after all the recent rains? Also, is it still raining cats and dogs there?

We're setting out tomorrow morning for the weekend.

Any update will greatly be helpful.

Regards
Rex
Old 1st October 2011, 19:00   #119
BHPian

I am leaving for Madikeri on 06th morning and staying in The Lodge.

When i search in Google Maps, it suggests 3 routes. One through NH48, second SH17 and Mysore Madikeri Road and third NH209 Mysore Madikeri road. I believe the third route would be the ideal, correct? Is this the same route which takes to Columbia Asia hospital where we have to turn right from the hwy?
Old 1st October 2011, 19:03   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I am leaving for Madikeri on 06th morning and staying in The Lodge.

When i search in Google Maps, it suggests 3 routes. One through NH48, second SH17 and Mysore Madikeri Road and third NH209 Mysore Madikeri road. I believe the third route would be the ideal, correct? Is this the same route which takes to Columbia Asia hospital where we have to turn right from the hwy?
SH17 takes you to Columbia Asia from where you need to take right. This is decent and smooth compared to NH209. We had done SH17 to coorg and it was a breeze.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks