Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2014, 22:34   #241
BANNED

re: Bangalore to Shirdi : Route Queries

Little more research got me this route (Google maps link). Worth taking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSK123 View Post
All,

I am planning from Bangalore to Shirdi in Fiat Punto. The tentative plan is visit Kolhapur, Shirdi, Shani Shingapur, Nasik (Trayambakeshwara temple). Between Bangalore & Shirdi, thinking of one halt somewhere in the middle like, Kolhapur - to avoid night driving + rest. On return can you suggest some other place? Also, please advice on route options, time required etc.,
Quote:
Somewhere in thread I saw Lonand route mentioned "If you are comfortable driving in double lane roads then the route Satara - Lonand - Nera - Baramati - Daund - Ahmednagar - Shirdi is a good option especially if it is a day time drive". Is this road good? Will it help me beating the traffic around Pune?
Old 12th July 2014, 00:15   #242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Little more research got me this route
Not worth taking. Stick to the regular Bangalore-Pune-Nagar-Shirdi option. The road via Daund is not all that great.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 13:17   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All,

I am planning from Bangalore to Shirdi in Fiat Punto. The tentative plan is visit Kolhapur, Shirdi, Shani Shingapur, Nasik (Trayambakeshwara temple). Between Bangalore & Shirdi, thinking of one halt somewhere in the middle like, Kolhapur - to avoid night driving + rest. On return can you suggest some other place? Also, please advice on route options, time required etc.,
kOLHAPUR is ideal for stopover.Raysons Regency is the best there.

Quote:
After my post when through the thread. kirantp has similar questions so got many things answered. Bangalore to Shirdi in one stretch doable by a single driver? I can start by 3:30 - 4 AM in the morning. I would like to book the accommodation @ Shirdri based on this.
Shirdi has plenty of hotels depending on your budget,http://www.marigoldregency.com/ is an Ampere reccomended place.

Quote:
Somewhere in thread I saw Lonand route mentioned "If you are comfortable driving in double lane roads then the route Satara - Lonand - Nera - Baramati - Daund - Ahmednagar - Shirdi is a good option especially if it is a day time drive". Is this road good? Will it help me beating the traffic around Pune?
The roads are not in good condition at the moment.Best is to stick to the Pune-Nagar-Rahauri-Shirdi route.

Quote:
Little more research got me this route (Google maps link). Worth taking?
Road widening is in progress in and around Baramati,Jejuri etc so not worth it.If you start early from Kolhapur,you can visit Shingnapur and reach Shirdi by evening.Then next day you can finish your Shirdi darshan and head to Trimbakeshwar and come back and stay in Nasik or head to Pune and stay in Pune.Following day you can do Pune-Bangalore.

https://goo.gl/maps/i6cUx
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 21:44   #244
BANNED

Thanks ampere & ranjitp1 for your inputs.

This is the plan. Bangalore - Kolhapur Lakshmi temple - Halt @ Kolhapur - Shirdi (via Pune) - Halt @ Shirdi - Trimbakeshwar temple visit - Halt @ Shirdi (to have one more visit) - Back to Bangalore early in the morning

One clarification. To avoid the Pune traffic definitely need to avoid the peek hour. What time would you sugest to start from Kolhapur? - Also, someone suggested this route (Google map link) to cross Pune traffic easily.
Old 12th July 2014, 22:12   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ampere & ranjitp1 for your inputs.

This is the plan. Bangalore - Kolhapur Lakshmi temple - Halt @ Kolhapur - Shirdi (via Pune) - Halt @ Shirdi - Trimbakeshwar temple visit - Halt @ Shirdi (to have one more visit) - Back to Bangalore early in the morning

One clarification. To avoid the Pune traffic definitely need to avoid the peek hour. What time would you sugest to start from Kolhapur? - Also, someone suggested this route (Google map link) to cross Pune traffic easily.
The suggested route is good. You have options, .i.e., instead of going straight(from the starting point as referred in your link), you can also take the ghat taking a rt. turn under the flyover, but it would be more or less the same w.r.t. drive time.

Stick to your suggested route. Once you are in Nagar Road (18.5621130, 73.9384990 in your map link) and cross Wagholi, antoher ~04 hrs drive to Shirdi with break, 04 lane throughout.

You can start at ease from Kolhapur, approx. 3.5 hrs to Pune and it would take approx. 1.5 hrs max. to reach nagar road after entering Pune (from the starting point as per your suggested link), irrespective of you enter Pune at 09:30am or 11:00am.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 20:40   #246
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
The suggested route is good. You have options, .i.e., instead of going straight(from the starting point as referred in your link), you can also take the ghat taking a rt. turn under the flyover, but it would be more or less the same w.r.t. drive time.

Stick to your suggested route. Once you are in Nagar Road (18.5621130, 73.9384990 in your map link) and cross Wagholi, antoher ~04 hrs drive to Shirdi with break, 04 lane throughout.

You can start at ease from Kolhapur, approx. 3.5 hrs to Pune and it would take approx. 1.5 hrs max. to reach nagar road after entering Pune (from the starting point as per your suggested link), irrespective of you enter Pune at 09:30am or 11:00am.
In this route (Google link) can you modify & add the diversion needed for the ghat. If the time taken same & roads are good, I would like to enjoy the ghat route.

Also, if I am starting from Kolhapur @ 4AM do I still need to take this alternate route to kill the traffic?

Last edited by NSK123 : 20th July 2014 at 20:41. Reason: Wanted to ask one more thing
Old 20th July 2014, 20:56   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks
One clarification. To avoid the Pune traffic definitely need to avoid the peek hour. What time would you sugest to start from Kolhapur? -
If you are starting at 4AM, on a week day you would be entering Pune by 8AM. Thats start of peak traffic on a weekday!

Quote:
Also, someone suggested this route
Yes I had suggested this to you. But the credit goes to Parag. He had suggested it originally to me. Thats the only good option to cross. You have to face some part of Pune traffic. I did not get which day you would be driving. A weekend would always help.

Also a suggestion: How about extending a day more in Shirdi to go around Aurangabad and Ellora?

Last edited by ampere : 20th July 2014 at 20:57.
Old 20th July 2014, 21:31   #248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are starting at 4AM, on a week day you would be entering Pune by 8AM. Thats start of peak traffic on a weekday!

Yes I had suggested this to you. But the credit goes to Parag. He had suggested it originally to me. Thats the only good option to cross. You have to face some part of Pune traffic. I did not get which day you would be driving. A weekend would always help.

Also a suggestion: How about extending a day more in Shirdi to go around Aurangabad and Ellora?
I will be starting from Bangalore on Friday morning, halting @ Kolhapur. Saturday I will be drivning from Kolhapur & reaching Shirdi. Ellora is tempting. Need to see. This is the overall plan
Fri - start from Bangalore visit Kolhapur & halt
Sat - Start from Kolhapur reach Shirdi & halt
Sun - Early morning Shirdi darshan & Nasik & back to Shirdi & halt
Mon - Drive back to Bangalore - if needed halt on the way (not booked)

Now my question: Can I rearrange my Sat / Sun to see Ellora?
Old 20th July 2014, 21:46   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now my question: Can I rearrange my Sat / Sun to see Ellora?

No. They are on two different directions. You need an extra day. Also I hope you have included Shani Shignapur into the plan?
Old 20th July 2014, 22:04   #250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No. They are on two different directions. You need an extra day. Also I hope you have included Shani Shignapur into the plan?
Shani Shingapur is intentionally dropped.

Also, If I have to go to Nasik (Trimbakeshwara temple only) directly from Kolhapur which route & how much of time required?

And from Nasik to Shirdi how long it would take?

Last edited by NSK123 : 20th July 2014 at 22:13. Reason: added more info
Old 21st July 2014, 00:18   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shani Shingapur is intentionally dropped.

Also, If I have to go to Nasik (Trimbakeshwara temple only) directly from Kolhapur which route & how much of time required?

And from Nasik to Shirdi how long it would take?
Kolhapur-Pune-Nagar-Loni-Shingote-Sinnar-Nasik

Klpr-Pune:4-5hrs
Pune-Nagar-Nashik:6-7Hrs
Nasik-Trimbak:1hr

Nasik-Sinnar-Shirdi: 2-2.5hrs
Old 28th July 2014, 18:20   #252
BANNED

Team,
I need quick help. I am starting from Shirdi to Pandharpur to Bangalore tomorrow morning. No plans to see any other place in between. Is this the best route?

Shirdi - Ahmednagar - Temburni - Phandarpur - Bijapur - Hospet - Chitradurga - Bangalore
Old 29th July 2014, 00:56   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shirdi - Ahmednagar - Temburni - Phandarpur - Bijapur - Hospet - Chitradurga - Bangalore
No stick to Nagar-Pune-NH4-Bangalore.

Read post 185 in this thread for the Bijapur route details.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 01:42   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team,
I need quick help. I am starting from Shirdi to Pandharpur to Bangalore tomorrow morning. No plans to see any other place in between. Is this the best route?

Shirdi-Rahuri-Nagar-Karmala-Tembhurni-Mohol-Pandharpur

Pandharpur-Zalki-Bijapur-Hospet-Chitradurga-Tumkur-Bangalore.

Bijapur-Bangalore can be done in about 8hrs comfortably.Roads are good.

The only problem area would be between Pandharpu and Bijapur via Zalki.It usually is potholed and takes about 2-3hrs to cover the distance,however I do not know if it has been tarred recently.

If its very bad,you could consider taking Pandharpur-Mangalwedha-Sangole Circle-Miraj-Kolhapur-NH4.Distancewise not much of a difference.
Old 30th July 2014, 22:22   #255
BANNED

All,

Thanks for all your inputs, the overall trip was wonderful. I couldn't make it to Pandharpur since previous day took very long. This is what we covered:
Day 1: Bangalore to Kolhapur & Visit to Lakshmi temple
Day 2: Early morning Lakshmi temple visit (@ 4 AM no crowd and had fantastic darshan for an hour) & reached Shirdi & had night darshan
Day 3: Visited Trmibakeshwar & returned back to Shirdi for stay
Day 4: Visited Ellora & Ghraneshwar jyothirling and returned back to Shirdi for stay
Day 5: Started from Shirdi @ 6 AM and reached Bangalore @ 1 AM. Yes, covered 1000 Km in a day

While returning saw a new sports car - testing on Bangalore Pune highway - Photos on the way
NSK123 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks