Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 16:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Rajkot-Shirdi-Singnapur-Bangalore

Hi,

I'm leaving for Bangalore early morning tomorrow (return journey from Rajkot).

Rajkot>Ahmedabad>Mumbai>Bangalore is quite clear route thru NH8/NH4 and a couple of good ExpressWays.

I have around 3-4 days with me and was thinking if I can go via Shirdi >> ShaniSingnapur on my way to Bangalore... I may start with the same route I came last week if its a big deviation...

I checked mapmyindia and it gives me following from Surat..

Surat >> Surgana >> Lasalgaon >> Shirdi

Had another look at SatGuide and it gives me almost similar way to reach Shirdi (multistop planner doesnt seem to be working when it comes to view the 'route overview' somehow!!)

Let me know if you have a good route in mind where I can cover Shirdi and ShaniSingnapur on my way to Bangalore and also want to spend much time on GQ / NH4 if possible...
Thanks..
Old 13th October 2008, 23:20   #17
BHPian

Bangalore to Bhopal (Should do via shirdi?)

Guys,

Need your help again. This trip has been long pending and I'm doing it in end of December 5th as its my bro-in-law's wedding in Indore and my wife's native is Bhopal (so have to go here first).

Its going to be 4 Adults. Me, wifey, bro-in-law(not the one getting married) and sis-in-law. Car would be my faithful Opel Corsa 1.6 Royale`. And I'm the only driver in the car.

OT but just to let you know, I recently got the car completely for such distances, Clutch plates changed and 30K service done at Vijai Auto. System with single woofer (before it was double). Art leather seats done. Brand New Yokohoma tyres (4) fixed. Oh and those are A-drives. All this done at EVO by our very own Satya Bhai.

Coming back to the important talk. After some PM's to hvKumar Sir, there are two route options that I came up with, here they go:

1st Option

Bangalore to Chitradurga: 198 KM (NH 4 till chitradurga)
Chitradurga to Sholapur: 528 KM (NH 13 till Sholapur)
Sholapur to Dhule: 467 KM (NH 211 till Dhule)
Dhule to Indore: 280 KM (NH 3 till Dewas)
Indore to Bhopal: 186 KM

Total would be : 1,659 KM +/-

2nd Option

Bangalore to Mumbai (approx 1,000 KM) then Mumbai -135- Nashik - 143- Dhule - 127- Khargaon - 86 - Maheshwar - 62 - Indore - 186 - Bhopal

Total would be : 1,739 +/-

I require help on the following:

- Which route is best? How are the road conditions? The first option has almost all NH's on it but dont know how good they are.
- We are planning to visit shirdi also but dont know how to plan this. We are planning to leave at around 1 AM on 6th but if we do so, then the surrounding areas near shirdi are not that safe I hear. What do you suggest?
- If not Shirdi (which is acceptable) which other place can I halt for a night before continuing to Bhopal. The second option shows it is clearly Mumbai were I can stop over.
- Which are the best places to eat and stop during our journey?
- Most importantly - which roads are not safe at night and should be avoided?

I'll add more information to this thread going forward with all the suggestions that I will get. Please feel free to give as many as you want so I can make a good plan.

thanks in advance.

MODS: CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD TO THE CURRENT ONE?

Last edited by CorsaLove : 13th October 2008 at 23:21. Reason: sentence formation
Old 14th October 2008, 02:00   #18
BHPian

Comments and feedback on this route also please...I hear there is tension and problems always in the Adilabad area? What would you suggest?

[FONT=Arial]Nagpur-->ButiBori-->Samudrapur-->Hinganghat-->Wadki-->Karanji-->Pandharkawada-->Bori-->Adilabad-->Neredikonda-->Nirmal-->Armur-->Dichpalli-->Kamareddi-->Ramayampet-->Tupran-->Medchal-->Hyderabad-->Farrukhnagar-->Balanagar-->Jadcheria-->Udakati-->Kottakota-->Kurnool-->Dhone-->Gooty-->Anantapur-->
Ghannekottapalle-->Penukonda-->Bagepalli-->ChikBallapur-->Devanhalli-->Bangalore[/FONT]
Old 14th October 2008, 10:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

@ corsalove,
you can take following route.
day1-banglore-nh4-pune[ option:night stay]-ahmadnagar[option:night stay]-day2-shirdi-dhule-indore-bhopal.

on this route, for first day, you will be on four lane road all the way from bangy to ahmadnagar.
if possible, at right day time , you can divert from satara to ahmadnagar via baramati avoiding pune city. crossing pune city will take 1.5 to 2 hours.
Old 14th October 2008, 10:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Comments and feedback on this route also please...I hear there is tension and problems always in the Adilabad area? What would you suggest?

[FONT=Arial]Nagpur-->ButiBori-->Samudrapur-->Hinganghat-->Wadki-->Karanji-->Pandharkawada-->Bori-->Adilabad-->Neredikonda-->Nirmal-->Armur-->Dichpalli-->Kamareddi-->Ramayampet-->Tupran-->Medchal-->Hyderabad-->Farrukhnagar-->Balanagar-->Jadcheria-->Udakati-->Kottakota-->Kurnool-->Dhone-->Gooty-->Anantapur-->
Ghannekottapalle-->Penukonda-->Bagepalli-->ChikBallapur-->Devanhalli-->Bangalore[/FONT]
The above route is NH7, which is the most direct route to get from Bangalore to Bhopal.

There were some random clashes in Adilabad District, that should not affect your passage through that area.

From Nagpur, I would leave NH7 and go via Betul to Bhopal - this road is now good. I could have my first halt at Nirmal or Adilabad (no major towns after that till Nagpur, although Pandharkawada and Hinganghat can also be considered), and next day you could reach Bhopal.
Old 14th October 2008, 19:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@ corsalove,
you can take following route.
day1-banglore-nh4-pune[ option:night stay]-ahmadnagar[option:night stay]-day2-shirdi-dhule-indore-bhopal.

on this route, for first day, you will be on four lane road all the way from bangy to ahmadnagar.
Thanks Ashish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The above route is NH7, which is the most direct route to get from Bangalore to Bhopal.

There were some random clashes in Adilabad District, that should not affect your passage through that area.
Kumar Sirji, somehow not comfortable doing the Andra passage after hearing a lot of things from friends about that area. If I stick to the NH 4 I should be able to make good time on it till Pune for a night halt.

How are the roads from shirdi-dhule-indore-bhopal? Is this doable in a day? even with a visit to Shirdi?

Thanks guys.
Old 15th October 2008, 18:24   #22
BHPian

Can anyone update me how is NH7 from bangalore to nagpur and then NH69 from Nagpur to Bhopal???

How is the road, facilities, any good hotels in Nagpur to stop for the night? How many KM from Bangalore to Nagpur and can it be done in a day?

Thanks.
Old 15th October 2008, 20:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nagpur-Bangalore is 1,080 kms.
Bangalore-Hyderabad NH7 is being widened, and has some bad sections and deviations.
No idea about current condition of NH7 from Hyderabad to Nagpur. Normally good.
Bangalore-Nagpur - very difficult to do in a day - best you can do is to reach Adilabad, which is 200 kms before Nagpur, and the last town where you get some decent hotels.
Nagpur to Bhopal via Betul is apparently in good condition.
Going via Pune is a very long route.
Besides, roads are being widened in Shirdi region, slowing you down.
Moreover, roads from Maharashtra border to Indore are not in good condition (usual during the rains), plus traffic is also very heavy.
Difficult to do Shirdi-Bhopal in a day, because of bad roads.
I would still stick to Nh7 to Nagpur. No problems.
Old 15th October 2008, 22:31   #24
BHPian

Kumar Sir,

Thanks for your help again on this...

If I leave bangalore around 2 Am, wont I be able to make it to nagpur by evening???

Anything specific why your saying cant do it in one day?

I sent you a PM on this as well.

Thanks.
Old 16th October 2008, 00:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Doing 1080 kms in the current condition of NH7 is tough - you will be very slow upto Hyderabad - I took 11 hours last month against my normal 7-8 hours - thanks to road widening work and high traffic in some parts.

Navigating Hyderabad city is slow.

The first 30 kms out of Hyderabad is very congested, and will slow you further.

NH7 from Hyderabad to Adilabad will be at least 5 hours and another 4-5 hours from there to Nagpur.

So you can see it is quite a long journey, unlike Bombay-Bangalore which is almost the same distance, but which is a superfast 12-14 hours.

And once you leave Adilabad, it is quite lonely and ABSOLUTELY no facilities till you reach Nagpur suburbs.
Old 16th October 2008, 09:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
...If I leave bangalore around 2 Am, wont I be able to make it to nagpur by evening???...

CL,

Have you done this time before, meaning, starting at 2am and driving, say, atleast till 2pm?

I am asking this because 2am is a very dicey timing. I would suggest 3am. I know it is just 1 hr difference, but the cascading effect is high. Do have a good thought about this before finalizing.

(Note: My personal opinion, mate)
Old 16th October 2008, 10:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

CorsaLove, 2AM or 3Am start on NH7 from bangalore is not advisable. It would be slow as KN side road is not in the best conditions and the incoming buses at that hour can make things worse for you.

I suggest have a nice sleep, start at 4AM and target Hyd by 2PM (means dont waste much time on breaks, carry some breakfast etc, try to do nonstop). make a preplan to exit Hyd onto NH7 (through maps / people in Hyd), then you can reach Adilabad by 8PM.

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 16th October 2008 at 10:27.
Old 17th October 2008, 03:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
CL,

Have you done this time before, meaning, starting at 2am and driving, say, atleast till 2pm?

I am asking this because 2am is a very dicey timing. I would suggest 3am. I know it is just 1 hr difference, but the cascading effect is high. Do have a good thought about this before finalizing.

(Note: My personal opinion, mate)
Happywheels: Thanks for the tip. I have done 2Am to 3PM Bangalore to Goa via Sagar. The MNC night shift Bug you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
CorsaLove, 2AM or 3Am start on NH7 from bangalore is not advisable. It would be slow as KN side road is not in the best conditions and the incoming buses at that hour can make things worse for you.

I suggest have a nice sleep, start at 4AM and target Hyd by 2PM (means dont waste much time on breaks, carry some breakfast etc, try to do nonstop). make a preplan to exit Hyd onto NH7 (through maps / people in Hyd), then you can reach Adilabad by 8PM.

Abhi
Abhi Sir, I think I'll do it via NH4 and NH3 to Indore and then Bhopal as I just got an Update from my friend in Hyderabad that the roads are not that great after Hyderabad (as you said, due to widening) and I'll not be able to reach Adilabad even by 8 even if I leave by 4 AM.

I think NH4 is the best bet. Make good time till Pune and take a nice rest and leave early by 4 or 5 from there and go via Nashik as Kumar sir indicated.

I'm just wondering how the road from pune via nashik to bhopal is??? Not getting any recent updates on the route at all. I think another PM to Kumar sir should do the trick.

Thanks and keep the suggestions flowing.

Last edited by CorsaLove : 17th October 2008 at 03:32. Reason: word
Old 15th December 2008, 11:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey CL!

Did this happen finally! not sure if you have already postd a trip report on this!!
I want to plan a Bangalore - Shirdi this month end,, but Its not yet decided, 50/50 chances that I may leave bangalore on 25th with around 5-6 days in hand.. I shall come back and seek some suggestions if my plan is final.
thanks.
Old 15th December 2008, 11:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hey CL!

Did this happen finally! not sure if you have already postd a trip report on this!!
I want to plan a Bangalore - Shirdi this month end,, but Its not yet decided, 50/50 chances that I may leave bangalore on 25th with around 5-6 days in hand.. I shall come back and seek some suggestions if my plan is final.
thanks.

Will keep a watch here as even i have plans to visit SHirdi soon....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks