Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2018, 13:33   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikbhat8923 View Post
3) Route options from Bangalore to shirdi?
The recommended route is through Pune , however see Parag's post and subsequent updates on going through Satara http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4167328 .

Last edited by sdp1975 : 19th June 2018 at 13:47.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 14:03   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
The recommended route is through Pune , however see Parag's post and subsequent updates on going through Satara http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4167328 .
Adding to this, there are few reports coming in from certain friends that the Satara Lonand Shirur route is not in great shape and why it still makes sense to do via Pune.

Then we had unconfirmed reports coming in that they have patched up the bad sections on that (Satara Lonand) route and can be considered.

In the interest of uncertainty with the detour, and a fact that Satara Pune today is easily manageable due to most 6 lane (well almost) fully done barring few diversions, via Pune sounds like a logical plan because it takes care in terms of assured good roads and places to break (nearly nothing on the other route).

Lastly, it matters a lot that you crossing Pune before peak hours or else that itself will take at least in hour and a half or 2 from Pune Bypass all the way till you actually cross Ranjangaon because to me, Pune traffic ends there and not anywhere before!!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 14:08   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) GMaps is showing another route - Satara-Lonand-Supe-Ahmednagar. How is this
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
however see Parag's post and subsequent updates on going through Satara
The route has deteriorated since his update in March 2017. The guys who've driven in the last 6 months didn't have good feedback on the Lonand-Nira route, so it is no longer recommended.

The exact route through Pune is written by Parag here.

You'll need 3 days and change for Shirdi/Shani Signapur from Bangalore. You'll not be able to spare time for the caves, which will take a dedicated day for each one. Mahabaleshwar would be like touch and go.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 14:11   #364

We would be leaving bangalore by 4am on a Sunday. Hoping to reach Pune by 3pm or 4pm. What is the exact route to be followed to avoid pune traffic and reach shirdi by 8pm or 9pm in the night?

This is the route I found suggested by bhp'ian on some other thread. But this is quite dated.
Is this the one to be still followed?

PS: Will the traffic be moderate considering its a Sunday we're leaving?

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/18...!4e1!3e0?hl=en
Old 19th June 2018, 14:15   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The route has deteriorated since his update in March 2017.
Well, it is due to the same reason I had not taken this in Dec 2017 and had taken the 'via Pune' option to reach Aurangabad .

However, even after that, I have updated on this route:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
However, this was in the month of March. I have had a colleague drive last month in his Grand i10 and he reported the conditions to have deteriorated.

Hence, in the interest of avoiding probable bad roads, you can stick to Pune - Nagar - Shirdi keeping in mind that you avoid turning left before Nagar for the dreaded bypass and instead enter Nagar to reach the road to Shirdi.
And then, I also have provided details on what can be your probable choices to bypass the city for onward and return directions (the same post you refer):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Knowing Pune routes fairly well from my association with it, I took the city route and still reached my destination before what Google predicted via the bypass route and this with am ambulance with us in tow from Bangalore without any special privilege like a siren or free passage!

Also, please take note of this when hitting Nagar road from Pune Bypass:

You have 2 choices here:
  1. Pune Bypass - Shinghagad Road - Saras Baug - Laxminarayan Theatre - Swargate - Shankarsheth Road - Camp - Sholapur Road - Race Course - Kharadi Bypass - Wagholi - Nagar Road
  2. Pune Bypass - Shinghagad Road - LB Shastri Road - Sancheti Hospital - Sangamwadi Road - Bund Garden - Yerawada - Wagholi

Between the 2 above, my suggestion is to take the second one if you are reaching Pune bypass (For Bangalore) and first one if you are headed to Shirdi from Pune bypass.

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th June 2018 at 14:16.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 16:11   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is the exact route to be followed to avoid pune traffic and reach shirdi by 8pm or 9pm in the night?
Sunday and Pune would always be gamble, till you get out of Pune bypass.

This is because you will have weekenders' traffic from Goa, Kolhapur, Mahabaleshwar returning to Pune and Mumbai. However, things would not be as bad on a normal weekend unlike extended weekend.

It is the recent spell of some rains that may have some additional flow of traffic towards some destinations below Pune.

Quote:
This is the route I found suggested by bhp'ian on some other thread. But this is quite dated. Is this the one to be still followed?
Yes, you can follow the same route. This will be a good option to get out of Pune. And now that the flyover on Satara Road (Connecting Katraj Depot and Swargate) is functional, this is a good choice. Further to this its the standard route through Camp - Hadapsar - Magarpatta - Kharadi - Wagholi.

Quote:
PS: Will the traffic be moderate considering its a Sunday we're leaving?
Answered above. Also, due to closure of industries on a Sunday, you may encounter lesser traffic after Wagholi till Shirur which otherwise is a pain in the evenings due to the industrial traffic coupled by multiple petty villages and towns.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 11:09   #367
BHPian

Hi Parag, Have you recently heard about condition of the Nagar bypass? Is it still as bad as before? I am doing a quick trip this weekend. Regards.
Old 22nd July 2018, 11:05   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
Hi Parag, Have you recently heard about condition of the Nagar bypass? Is it still as bad as before? I am doing a quick trip this weekend. Regards.

We had been to Shirdi from Bangalore recently by car. The locals informed us that the nagar bypass was in a very bad condition. So, we took the route through nagar. It took almost 2hrs to reach Shirdi from Ahmednagar.
karthikbhat8923 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 16:53   #369
Senior - BHPian

The Nagar ByPass has been in a perennial state of un-motorable conditions for a few years now. It still makes sense to get through Nagar. It typically has taken me about 70-90 minutes from the time you exit Nagar town, over my past 4-5 trips to Shirdi. Those all have been around the 5 to 8 pm time ranges when i cross Nagar.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 14:29   #370
BHPian

Quote:
We had been to Shirdi from Bangalore recently by car. The locals informed us that the nagar bypass was in a very bad condition. So, we took the route through nagar. It took almost 2hrs to reach Shirdi from Ahmednagar.
Onward from Pune, I wanted to go to Shani Shingnapur. So I went straight on the Nagar-Aurangabad road. While returning from Shirdi, I saw a "road closed" sign at the start of the bypass. Looks like the authorities might have finally woken up to the pathetic condition of this road. Hopefully there will be some work after this monsoon. Fingers crossed.
Old 16th May 2019, 15:22   #371
BHPian

Hi All! Any recent update on the route condition from Pune to Shirdi? Will be travelling from Bangalore on 24th May.
TIA
Old 8th October 2019, 08:57   #372
BHPian

Hello All, Just back from Shirdi trip from Mumbai. Took the Nashik route, Good roads all the way. Have information from other travellers staying in the same hotel that Goti-Sinnar route continues to be a nightmare, and is best avoided, especially at night. Perhaps the recent rains damaged whatever road was remaining.

Also had the opportunity to visit Trimbakeshwar, Nashik-Trimbakeshwar-Mumbai roads are all in good condition.
vidyasagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 11:24   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Took the Nashik route
You went through Sangamner or wet all the way to Nasik and took Ghoti-Sinnar?
Old 9th October 2019, 16:00   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You went through Sangamner or wet all the way to Nasik and took Ghoti-Sinnar?
I started from Navi Mumbai, went via Nashik to Shirdi. Did not take the Ghoti-Sinnar route.
Old 25th October 2019, 14:09   #375
Senior - BHPian

Any Latest update on the Pune-Shirdi route ? I am driving to Pune tomorrow and will head out to Shirdi on sat morn. Thanks.

Most Viewed