Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 11:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey CL!

Did this happen finally! not sure if you have already postd a trip report on this!!
I want to plan a Bangalore - Shirdi this month end,, but Its not yet decided, 50/50 chances that I may leave bangalore on 25th with around 5-6 days in hand.. I shall come back and seek some suggestions if my plan is final.
thanks.
Check my travelogue:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tures-fun.html

I did this last month and 5-6 days is ideal to do this.
Regards,
Hari.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:53   #32
BHPian

Shirdi to Kolhapur

Planning to drive from Shirdi to Kolhapur in the second week of next month. Require the following route suggestions.

Best route to reach pune from shirdi.

If travelling from shirdi to Kolhapur directly is there any route to bypass pune city to avoid city traffic, as I intend to start from shirdi post lunch.

Thankyou.
Old 12th May 2009, 09:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
If travelling from shirdi to Kolhapur directly is there any route to bypass pune city to avoid city traffic, as I intend to start from shirdi post lunch.
for shirdi-kolhapur travel, i suggest following route to avoid pune.

shirdi-ahmadnagar-daund-kurkumbh-baramati-phaltan-satara-nh4-kolhapur.

by this route, you can avoid pune city and can reach to kolhapur within 8 hours from shirdi.
distance will be 405 km+/- 10 km.
this is my regular route. it is safe. 8 km road between kashti to daund is somewhat patchy. satara to kolhapur is 4 laned nh4. you can have all facilities at nagar, daund, baramati, phaltan,satara if required.

edit: if you want to take darshan at morgaon[ first ganapati of ashtavinayak], you can do it by following route.

daund-patas-choufula-morgaon-nira-lonand-satara.
in this case, shirdi-kolhapur distance remain same.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 12th May 2009 at 09:43.
Old 13th May 2009, 08:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
for shirdi-kolhapur travel, i suggest following route to avoid pune.

shirdi-ahmadnagar-daund-kurkumbh-baramati-phaltan-satara-nh4-kolhapur.

by this route, you can avoid pune city and can reach to kolhapur within 8 hours from shirdi.
distance will be 405 km+/- 10 km.
this is my regular route. it is safe. 8 km road between kashti to daund is somewhat patchy. satara to kolhapur is 4 laned nh4. you can have all facilities at nagar, daund, baramati, phaltan,satara if required.

edit: if you want to take darshan at morgaon[ first ganapati of ashtavinayak], you can do it by following route.

daund-patas-choufula-morgaon-nira-lonand-satara.
in this case, shirdi-kolhapur distance remain same.
Thank you, Ashish. This is very useful, made a note of this, but still trying to find the way to bypass pune as I want to dirve on NH4 as much as possible I drove on NH4 twice but for a short distance which is kolhapur to sankeshwar only.
Old 13th May 2009, 09:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
still trying to find the way to bypass pune as I want to dirve on NH4 as much as possible .
so you want to just bypass pune city and still want to drive on 4 laned highway only. you have a route----

shirdi-ahmadnagar-4 lane highway-shirur-lonikand[near pune]-manjari-hadpasar-phursungi-undri-pisoli-katraj-4 lane highway-katraj ghat-nh4-satara-kolhapur.

in the above route, lonikand to katraj is internal road of city outskirt. you will find it difficult to keep on this route.
driving time for shirdi to kolhapur on this route will be more than 9 hours.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 13th May 2009 at 09:26.
Old 13th May 2009, 17:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
so you want to just bypass pune city and still want to drive on 4 laned highway only. you have a route----

shirdi-ahmadnagar-4 lane highway-shirur-lonikand[near pune]-manjari-hadpasar-phursungi-undri-pisoli-katraj-4 lane highway-katraj ghat-nh4-satara-kolhapur.

in the above route, lonikand to katraj is internal road of city outskirt. you will find it difficult to keep on this route.
driving time for shirdi to kolhapur on this route will be more than 9 hours.
The route which you suggest first looks much better when compared to this. I was just wondering instead of going from ahmednagar is there any other route going to Sangamner from there to Chakan and then joining expressway.
Old 14th May 2009, 13:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was just wondering instead of going from ahmednagar is there any other route going to Sangamner from there to Chakan and then joining expressway.
it is possible if you don't mind the distance and time. that route will be like ---

shirdi-sangamner-narayangaon-chakan-talegaon dabhade-nh4 old highway-dehuroad-katraj byepass-shindewadi tunnel-nh4-satara-kolhapur.
Old 14th May 2009, 14:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
it is possible if you don't mind the distance and time. that route will be like ---

shirdi-sangamner-narayangaon-chakan-talegaon dabhade-nh4 old highway-dehuroad-katraj byepass-shindewadi tunnel-nh4-satara-kolhapur.
Ashish please suggest

Checked the route and distance on mapmyindia.com

First route suggested by you - Shirdi - Ahmednagar - Daund - Kurkumbh - Baramati - Phaltan - Satara - Nh4 - Kolhapur Total distance - 415Kms
As you mentioned this is your regular route and also safe and good road.

Third route - Shirdi - Sangamner - Narayangaon - Chakan - Talegaon Dabhade - NH4 old highway - Dehu road - Katraj Bypass - Shindewadi Tunnel - NH4 - Satara - Kolhapur. Total distance - 440kms.
If the road condition is good, I dont mind travelling that extra distance. Else I will stick to the first route.
Old 15th May 2009, 10:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashish please suggest,
If the road condition is good, I dont mind travelling that extra distance. Else I will stick to the first route.
if you prefer route no 3, then i will suggest,
1] start little early from shirdi, don't wait at shirdi for lunch, go via sangamner.
2] at sangamner, you will join to NH50. turn left toward pune. just before narayangaon, there are couple of good hotels. take lunch.
3] if time permits, take detour to ozar and lenyadri for darshan of two ganapati of ashtavinayak. you may skip lenyadri as it will be real hot in afternoon to climb that lenyadri hill.
4]if you have one full day extra in hand, then do ozar, lenyadri, shivneri fort and halt at bhimashankar.[ one of 12 jyotirling].
4] if you do not want to detour, continue on nh50 till chakan.
5] turn right at chakan toward talegaon dabhade.
6] turn left at talegaon on old nh4 toward pune.
7] turn right on dehuroad-katraj byepass at dehuroad. you have to look/ask for direction. there is no signage about this byepass. if you miss this junction, you will enter in pune.
8] continue straight on katraj byepass. do not turn anywhere. cross all flyovers. keep straight on this road. you will just touch western side of pune city. lastly, you will cross shindewadi tunnel.
9] after crossing this tunnel, you will on satara side of nh4.

drive safe.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 15th May 2009 at 10:09.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:33   #40

I did Bangalore to Shirdi this weekend came back yesterday. I took NH4 all the way till Pune, From Pune to Ahmadnagar, Pune to Ahmadnagar road condition is good. 4 lane all throughout till Ahmadnagar, then Ahmadnagar to Shirdi - 80KM no divider, 2 lane road. From Pune to Shirdi took me 4 hrs. I am slow driver.

Overall average speed with breaks [expect night halt] 55 KM/hr. I took a night halt at Belgaum.

After travelling in Bangalore traffic I didn't find Pune traffic something to worry about. I could cross Pune in about 35 - 45 mins during afternoon.

Last time, six months back, I did the Bangalore to Shirdi, at that time I took Pune bypass then to chakan-manchar-shirdi stretch. I didn't like the root. Too many ghat section and 2 lanes completely, I dont like ghat sections.

I have yet to compile my travellogue.
If you need any more info do let me know.
Old 15th May 2009, 17:34   #41
KVS
BHPian

Dear IndianNomad

Suggest you take the Sangamner road, compared to Ahmednagar road.

Two weeks back I went to Shirdi from Pune. While going I took Ahmednagar route and Sangamner route while returning. Distance wise both are almost same.

Sangamner route is very good, the road conditions are much better compared to Ahmednagar road. you need to drive carefully on the Sangamner road, because of the truck traffic and bad drivers compared to Ahmednagar road.

Cheers

KVS
Old 18th May 2009, 09:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
if you prefer route no 3, then i will suggest,
1] start little early from shirdi, don't wait at shirdi for lunch, go via sangamner.
2] at sangamner, you will join to NH50. turn left toward pune. just before narayangaon, there are couple of good hotels. take lunch.
3] if time permits, take detour to ozar and lenyadri for darshan of two ganapati of ashtavinayak. you may skip lenyadri as it will be real hot in afternoon to climb that lenyadri hill.
4]if you have one full day extra in hand, then do ozar, lenyadri, shivneri fort and halt at bhimashankar.[ one of 12 jyotirling].
4] if you do not want to detour, continue on nh50 till chakan.
5] turn right at chakan toward talegaon dabhade.
6] turn left at talegaon on old nh4 toward pune.
7] turn right on dehuroad-katraj byepass at dehuroad. you have to look/ask for direction. there is no signage about this byepass. if you miss this junction, you will enter in pune.
8] continue straight on katraj byepass. do not turn anywhere. cross all flyovers. keep straight on this road. you will just touch western side of pune city. lastly, you will cross shindewadi tunnel.
9] after crossing this tunnel, you will on satara side of nh4.

drive safe.
Thanks a lot Ashish, this was a very detail info.
One question lastly which route do you suggest the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_mukherji View Post
I did Bangalore to Shirdi this weekend came back yesterday. I took NH4 all the way till Pune, From Pune to Ahmadnagar, Pune to Ahmadnagar road condition is good. 4 lane all throughout till Ahmadnagar, then Ahmadnagar to Shirdi - 80KM no divider, 2 lane road. From Pune to Shirdi took me 4 hrs. I am slow driver.

Overall average speed with breaks [expect night halt] 55 KM/hr. I took a night halt at Belgaum.

After travelling in Bangalore traffic I didn't find Pune traffic something to worry about. I could cross Pune in about 35 - 45 mins during afternoon.

Last time, six months back, I did the Bangalore to Shirdi, at that time I took Pune bypass then to chakan-manchar-shirdi stretch. I didn't like the root. Too many ghat section and 2 lanes completely, I dont like ghat sections.

I have yet to compile my travellogue.
If you need any more info do let me know.
Which route did you take while on your return trip and how much time did it take for darshan. Also about stay, where did you stay and the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Dear IndianNomad

Two weeks back I went to Shirdi from Pune. While going I took Ahmednagar route and Sangamner route while returning. Distance wise both are almost same.

Sangamner route is very good, the road conditions are much better compared to Ahmednagar road. you need to drive carefully on the Sangamner road, because of the truck traffic and bad drivers compared to Ahmednagar road.

Cheers

KVS
KVS - Thank you for the update.
Old 18th May 2009, 09:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One question lastly which route do you suggest the best
1] for pleasure of driving on 4 lane road, take nagar-pune-satara route. you will face traffic in pune city.
2] for early drive with peace of mind, take nagar-baramati-satara route.
Old 18th May 2009, 10:49   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_mukherji View Post
From Pune to Ahmadnagar, Pune to Ahmadnagar road condition is good. 4 lane all throughout till Ahmadnagar, then Ahmadnagar to Shirdi - 80KM no divider, 2 lane road. From Pune to Shirdi took me 4 hrs.
...six months back, I did the Bangalore to Shirdi, at that time I took Pune bypass then to chakan-manchar-shirdi stretch. I didn't like the root. Too many ghat section and 2 lanes completely,
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post

Quote:
Hi all, I'll be driving Pune-Shirdi next week, and need a quick clarification - between the routes via Sangamner and via Ahmadnagar, which is the faster/smoother/less congested?

I would also request a best-route update for connecting from Shirdi to NH8 to travel back north.

Also, would it be worthwhile to visit Saputara in the last week of May?
Old 18th May 2009, 11:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
between the routes via Sangamner and via Ahmadnagar, which is the faster/smoother/less congested?

I would also request a best-route update for connecting from Shirdi to NH8 to travel back north.

Also, would it be worthwhile to visit Saputara in the last week of May?
1] go for pune-ahmadnagar-shirdi route. dist @200km, 120 km four laned.

2] saputara is boring place but if you are traveling by this route, then, no problem.

3] to join nh8, you can take the route shirdi-sinnar-nasik-saputara-chikhali-nh8.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks