Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 20:16   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Ashish please suggest

Checked the route and distance on mapmyindia.com

First route suggested by you - Shirdi - Ahmednagar - Daund - Kurkumbh - Baramati - Phaltan - Satara - Nh4 - Kolhapur Total distance - 415Kms
As you mentioned this is your regular route and also safe and good road.

Third route - Shirdi - Sangamner - Narayangaon - Chakan - Talegaon Dabhade - NH4 old highway - Dehu road - Katraj Bypass - Shindewadi Tunnel - NH4 - Satara - Kolhapur. Total distance - 440kms.
If the road condition is good, I dont mind travelling that extra distance. Else I will stick to the first route.
Ashish,

I drove down from Goa to Shirdi in May this year, I tried to avoid Pune traffic by taking the Katraj Road but somehow lost my way and ended up spending almost three hours in reaching Nagar road.

I took a right before Bharati Vidyapith on the Bangalore-Pune highway (shown as Katraj road in mapmyindia.com), is that the Katraj bypass you are referring to in your route 3 above. Will it be possible for you mention some landmarks.

I normally travel to Shirdi -Shani Shignapur- Aurangabad almost every year and always have problems crossing Pune.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:28   #62
MCR
BHPian

Bangalore to Shirdi : Best travelling options Required

Hello Guys,

I wanted to Travel to Shirdi from Bangalore by end of June for 3 days. I wanted to know the best option. The most important factor is comfort. So I assume that these are the options available:

1. Bangalore to Pune by Flight and later hire a Taxi from Pune Airport to Shirdi. Return in the same taxi to Pune airport and take a flight to Bangalore. Utilize the taxi for Nashik and Shignapur in between.

2. Take karnataka express train till Kopergoan and later travel by taxi to Shirdi.

3. Take a package tour from Bangalore to Shirdi by a Volvo bus.

So I will be travelling with my family. Also please recommend a suitable hotel for stay at Shirdi. Request you to recommend the best option.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

Option 1 anytime.Bus or train journey will take up most of your 3 days.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:56   #64
BHPian

Train no. 0685 - Yeshwantpur( YPR ) - Sainagar( shirdi )( SNSI ) Garib rath express - departs every tuesday at 0730 hrs and reaches Sainagar at 0800 hrs on wednesday. The same train ( 0686 ) departs Shirdi on Wednesday at 1820 and reaches Yeshwantpur at 2000 hrs on Thursday. One way journey could be by Karnataka express ( 2627 / 2628 ) ( alight / board at kopergoan -KPG ) for a 3 day trip.

KSRTC airavat - Bangalore departure - 1300, reaches shirdi - 0930. The same timings are followed for return trip. 1200 INR apprx. comfortable. KSRTC have stopped shirdi package tour by the same bus.

Utilise a local taxi for Nashik / Shani shingnapur visit.

Shirdi hotels :

Garodia - 02423 255234 / 235 - all AC rooms
Sai sahavas - 02423 256363 / 64 / 65 / 66. hotelsaisahavas@rediffmail.com
MTDC Pilgrims inn - 02423 255194 / 97. book online - www.maharashtratourism.gov.in

All these hotels are very close to the Baba mandir.

Hope this helps..
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:59   #65
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Option 1 anytime.Bus or train journey will take up most of your 3 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
Train no. 0685 - Yeshwantpur( YPR ) - Sainagar( shirdi )( SNSI ) Garib rath express - departs every tuesday at 0730 hrs and reaches Sainagar at 0800 hrs on wednesday. The same train ( 0686 ) departs Shirdi on Wednesday at 1820 and reaches Yeshwantpur at 2000 hrs on Thursday. One way journey could be by Karnataka express ( 2627 / 2628 ) ( alight / board at kopergoan -KPG ) for a 3 day trip.

KSRTC airavat - Bangalore departure - 1300, reaches shirdi - 0930. The same timings are followed for return trip. 1200 INR apprx. comfortable. KSRTC have stopped shirdi package tour by the same bus.

Utilise a local taxi for Nashik / Shani shingnapur visit.

Shirdi hotels :

Garodia - 02423 255234 / 235 - all AC rooms
Sai sahavas - 02423 256363 / 64 / 65 / 66. hotelsaisahavas@rediffmail.com
MTDC Pilgrims inn - 02423 255194 / 97. book online - www.maharashtratourism.gov.in

All these hotels are very close to the Baba mandir.

Hope this helps..
Thanks Speedsatya and roamingrao.

@ speedsatya, I am getting a fare of 18,072/- on Kingfisher airlines for the return trip BLR-PNQ. I will have to check out Indigo and Spicejet.

@ roaminrao. Is hiring a taxi at Shirdi viable? My friends told me that the taxi"s quote exorbitant rates for Triambakeshwar and Shignapur visit.
Is it better to hire a taxi for the roundtrip from Pune to Shirdi via a decent travel agency in Pune?
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:51   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Is it better to hire a taxi for the roundtrip from Pune to Shirdi via a decent travel agency in Pune?
Yes, Pune would offer much better options than hiring a taxi at Shirdi. A round trip ( Pune > Triambakeshwar > Nashik > Shirdi > Shani Shingnapur > Pune ) would be possible in 2 days with a night halt in Shirdi.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:10   #67
BHPian

VRL has introduced new Isuzu AC buses from Bangalore to Shirdi.

Else fly to Mumbai and take a package tour of Shirdi.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:11   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Speedsatya and roamingrao.

@ speedsatya, I am getting a fare of 18,072/- on Kingfisher airlines for the return trip BLR-PNQ. I will have to check out Indigo and Spicejet.

@ roaminrao. Is hiring a taxi at Shirdi viable? My friends told me that the taxi"s quote exorbitant rates for Triambakeshwar and Shignapur visit.
We travelled to Shirdi last November.

1) Bangalore (Yeshwanthpur )Tuesday 7:30 am -- Garib rath . Full A/c . Clean train.

2) Shirdi 9:30 am Wednesday -- Reached Shirdi, finished darshan by afternoon.

3) Shirdi Overnight stay after visiting shani Shingnapur

4) Thursday -- Leave and travel to Nashik for various temple visits, including Panchvati.

5) Thursday --- Travel overnight by VOLVO to Mumbai

6) Friday - Saturday - Sunday - All over Mumbai

7) Sunday -- 9:00 pm Jet Airways - 10:30 pm Back to Namma Bengaluru
Old 4th May 2010, 12:11   #69
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
Yes, Pune would offer much better options than hiring a taxi at Shirdi. A round trip ( Pune > Triambakeshwar > Nashik > Shirdi > Shani Shingnapur > Pune ) would be possible in 2 days with a night halt in Shirdi.
Thanks for the suggestion roamingrao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
VRL has introduced new Isuzu AC buses from Bangalore to Shirdi.

Else fly to Mumbai and take a package tour of Shirdi.
Thanks for the suggestion kadri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
We travelled to Shirdi last November.

1) Bangalore (Yeshwanthpur )Tuesday 7:30 am -- Garib rath . Full A/c . Clean train.
7) Sunday -- 9:00 pm Jet Airways - 10:30 pm Back to Namma Bengaluru
Thanks for the suggestion Pavan.

can somebody suggest a decent and reliable taxi operator in Pune with contact numbers .
Old 4th May 2010, 12:53   #70
BHPian

Quote:
can somebody suggest a decent and reliable taxi operator in Pune with contact numbers .
I think Cell cabs are having services in Pune, You can check it out.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:09   #71
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Check out Kingfisher. They have 2N / 3D holiday package inclusive of airfare/ local stay/ taxi.
Here's the link.
KINGFISHER Holidays - Discover the Good Times: Shirdi Shrine - Home of Saint Sai Baba
Old 4th May 2010, 21:49   #72
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I think Cell cabs are having services in Pune, You can check it out.
Thanks kadri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Check out Kingfisher. They have 2N / 3D holiday package inclusive of airfare/ local stay/ taxi.
Here's the link.
KINGFISHER Holidays - Discover the Good Times: Shirdi Shrine - Home of Saint Sai Baba
Thanks MX6 for the suggestion.

Well guys I have now almost finalised the travel resources.

Bangalore - Pune - Bangalore: Kingfisher / Indigo / Spicejet. Based on the availability.
Pune - Shirdi - Shingnapur - Nashik - Pune : Toyota Innova.

I am yet to decide on a place to stay in Shirdi. So any recommendation is more that welcome.

I plan to spend one day in Nashik, so I will book in Ginger. I have stayed in ginger nashik a number of times and I really like the place. Its better than Panchavati in Vakil Vadi.
Special thanks to roamingrao for providing me the contact info of reliable taxi operator in Pune.Thumbs Up.

Last edited by MCR : 4th May 2010 at 21:50.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:25   #73
BHPian

Taxi

I am planning to fly in on saturday (date not fixed yet) to Pune. Need a taxi from Pune Airport-shani singhanapur-shirdi-Pune Airport. Any info on reliable Taxi services which BHPians have used earlier would be appreciated.
Old 6th August 2010, 23:15   #74
BHPian

I am planning Pune to Shirdi and back in my Endeavour. Looks like Pune-Ahmednagar-Shirdi is the preferred road, although the NH 50 road is little shorter. Any confirmations/updates on this? Anyone travelled recently and can comment on the road?
Old 11th August 2010, 00:10   #75

Siddhesh, We are just back from Shirdi yesterday. We did a Bangalore-Kolhapur-Shikhar Signapur-Shani Shignapur-Shirdi-Satara-Bangalore on my Alto in 4 days covering 2400 KM.

To reach NH4 at Pune, we took the road via Ahmednagar from Shirdi, and would suggest you to go for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks