Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 12:51   #91
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Shirdi : Route Queries

Thanks @Ashish and @hvk.

I am planning to visit Shingapur, Shirdi, Grishneshwar, Triamb and while coming back kolhapur. Hence need info on internal SH roads.

Particularly on:
Kapurhol - Sasvad - Uruli - Kadegoan - shirur
Ahmednagar to Aurangabad
Aurangabad to Shirdi

Is there a road from Uruli to Shikrapur as well? I see a river crossing.

I am in touch with HVK as well.
Old 11th October 2011, 13:40   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Particularly on:
1]Kapurhol - Sasvad - Uruli - Kadegoan - shirur
2]Ahmednagar to Aurangabad
3]a'bad to Shirdi
1] don't take this road, choufula-kedgaon-shirur is in bad condition.
2] nagar-a'bad excellent 4lane.
3] a'bad-shirdi, two route, one via vaijapur, other via gangapur, both are good 2lane with occasional patches and potholes.

looking at your destinations, i suggest

bangy-nh4-pune-nh50-nasik-trimbaka-nasik-nh50-sinner-shirdi-vaijapur-ghrishenshwar-a'bad-4lane highway-vadala/ghodegaon-shani shingnapur-ghodegaon-4lane-ahmadnagar.
ahmdanagar onwards to bangy if you are day travelling, then nagar-daund-12mati-nira-lonand-vathar-satara-nh4-bangy.[ occasional pothole and patchwork]
ahmadnagar onwards night travel, then nagar-4lane-pune city crossing-nh4-bangy.[ good 4 lane all way]

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 11th October 2011 at 13:45.
Old 19th December 2011, 13:15   #93
BHPian

Folks, can you provide me an update on the following please

I plan to do a Bangalore-Shirdi trip this week.

Can I do Bangalore-Shirdi in a day? Is there any short routes other than the usual NH4 and what is the road condition?

Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 14:19   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheermenon View Post
Folks, can you provide me an update on the following please

I plan to do a Bangalore-Shirdi trip this week.

Can I do Bangalore-Shirdi in a day? Is there any short routes other than the usual NH4 and what is the road condition?

Thanks
Bangalore-Shirdi is 1000 odd km. I am against doing this in a single day. Its just too much.

Your best best is obviously, the NH4. Go till Pune and then divert. This is the fastest route.

I suggest you drive for two days. Make a halt in Dharwad (around 440km) or in Belgaum (500 odd km). Do the remaining next day.

A word of caution: The Hubli-Dharwad road has a speed limit of 40km/hr. Interceptors pry on the road all day and catch unsuspecting speedsters. 9/10 times a interceptor is stationed a little further of the Iskon Temple on the Highway. You know where to slow down
Old 19th December 2011, 15:38   #95
BHPian

Quote:
I plan to do a Bangalore-Shirdi trip this week.Can I do Bangalore-Shirdi in a day? Is there any short routes other than the usual NH4 and what is the road condition?
With an early start - yes, it can be done. Largely depends on the time taken to cross Pune at peak traffic hours. It definetely helps if you are familiar with the roads inside Pune city.

Last june, after a 4 am start, we were in pune at 530pm. Inside pune, Katraj - phursungi - hadapsar - magarpetta city - Nagar road took 2 hours and we had to curtail our drive at Shikrapur ( near ranjangaon ). Next day, again with an early start, we had darshan at Shri Shani shingnapur and shirdi and returned to Shikrapur at 5pm. Last day, Shikrapur - Pune - Bangalore was a breeze.

From Pune, I would prefer Pune - Ahmednagar - Shirdi route instead of the crowded Pune - Sangamner - Shirdi.

Bangalore - Chitradurga - Hospet - Bijapur - Pandharpur - Temburni - Ahmednagar - Shirdi is shorter but defenitely not faster. In fact with conventional 2 lane highways and truck traffic, it is slower !!

Last edited by roamingrao : 19th December 2011 at 16:00.
Old 19th December 2011, 17:15   #96
BHPian

Thanks a lot Sachin and Rao.

I will stick to NH4, with a halt at Dharward.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:12   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Sachin and Rao.

I will stick to NH4, with a halt at Dharward.
Sudheer,if you are ok with driving around 15-16hrs at one stretch,it is easily done in a day via the NH4.Take NH4 till Satara.From Satara divert to Phaltan-Baramati-Kurkumbh-Daund-Nagar-Shirdi.

Bangalore-Satara:Approx 10hours
Satara-Shirdi:Approx 6hours

If you want to break journey,you could stay at Kolhapur or at Mahendra Executive at Satara on nH4. If at Kolhapur,then you could visit the famous Kolhapur Mahalakshmi Temple (Mahalakshmi Temple, Kolhapur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

www.mahendraexecutive.com

www.hotelopal.co.in

www.hotelpearl.biz

www.raysonsregency.com

This lets you avoid Pune traffic and also saves you the hassle of finding your way around Pune city.

Satara, Maharashtra to Shirdi, Maharashtra - Google Maps
Old 19th December 2011, 22:08   #98
BHPian

Ranjit, thanks for your information. The hotel details would definitely helpful for me.

Ranjit, how is the road condition between satara and shirdi?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th December 2011 at 18:56.
Old 20th December 2011, 03:40   #99

Hi Guys, I need some directional help.

I am planning for a trip from Bangalore to Shirdi this month end. From the research that I have done so far, there are 2 routes (Bangalore-Pune-Shirdi) & (Bangalore-Bijapur-Sollapur-Shirdi) to go about.

What I would like to know is which route should I take keeping in mind that there are only 2 drivers (myself and my friend) and we would be driving in shifts. I have searched in Google and the Pune route is a clean stretch with a travel time of 18 hours approx. It would be great if someone could shed some light on the other route because as per Google, the second route is only a 16 hour drive (100 kms difference) and I have my doubts on that.

Cheers,
John
Old 20th December 2011, 10:53   #100
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninflamez View Post

I am planning for a trip from Bangalore to Shirdi this month end. From the research that I have done so far, there are 2 routes (Bangalore-Pune-Shirdi) & (Bangalore-Bijapur-Sollapur-Shirdi) to go about.

What I would like to know is which route should I take keeping in mind that there are only 2 drivers (myself and my friend) and we would be driving in shifts. I have searched in Google and the Pune route is a clean stretch with a travel time of 18 hours approx. It would be great if someone could shed some light on the other route because as per Google, the second route is only a 16 hour drive (100 kms difference) and I have my doubts on that.

Cheers,
John
Via Bijapur route is not good. 4 laning is in progress between hospet-bijapur. take this only if you are planning to go to pandharpur temple. but the route between bijapur-pandarpur is very very bad
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 13:49   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning for a trip from Bangalore to Shirdi this month end. From the research that I have done so far, there are 2 routes (Bangalore-Pune-Shirdi) & (Bangalore-Bijapur-Sollapur-Shirdi)
John,stick to the Pune route,bijapur route is a traditional 2 laned potholed at many places kind of highway and is a long tiring drive.Better stay options also when you take the Pune route.You could also divert off Satara and go via Kurkumbh-Nagar-Shirdi.

Quote:
Ranjit, how is the road condition between satara and shirdi?
Sudheer,roads are by and large good.Please bear in mind that the sugarcane cutting season is on all over MH and so that would add to traffic with bullock carts and tractor-trailers all over the place.You could PM Ashish Pallod who is in Baramati for better on the ground info.
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 17:13   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
John
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
John,stick to the Pune route,bijapur route is a traditional 2 laned potholed at many places kind of highway and is a long tiring drive..
Agreed with Ranjit. John, just take NH 4 to Pune and then to Shirdi. Make sure that you leave early in the morning say 6 AM if you are staying overnight at Pune as traffic between Pune and Shirdi picks up as day passes. cater for minimum of four hours for Pune - Shirdi
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 23:30   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Via Bijapur route is not good. 4 laning is in progress between hospet-bijapur. take this only if you are planning to go to pandharpur temple. but the route between bijapur-pandarpur is very very bad
Thanks a bunch RKG. I will take the Pune route to Shirdi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
John,stick to the Pune route,bijapur route is a traditional 2 laned potholed at many places kind of highway and is a long tiring drive.Better stay options also when you take the Pune route.You could also divert off Satara and go via Kurkumbh-Nagar-Shirdi.
Thanks for the advise Ranjit. It always better to drive on a clean open stretch rather than slowing down for potholes and what not !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Agreed with Ranjit. John, just take NH 4 to Pune and then to Shirdi. Make sure that you leave early in the morning say 6 AM if you are staying overnight at Pune as traffic between Pune and Shirdi picks up as day passes. cater for minimum of four hours for Pune - Shirdi
Thank you Captain !! leaving in the morning is difficult as my friend hasn't gotten his leave approved for that day. So we're leaving in the evening only. But still driving should be OK considering that we would be taking the Pune route now.

Cheers,
John
Old 14th January 2012, 22:09   #104
BHPian

Hello all

Currently in shiridi drove from Bangalore took the pune route and took the nashik road nh 45 road was good but as it being a two lane road traffic was crazy had a tough time with two wheeler as well. Could you please suggest a road back for me. Will be leaving from shiridi tom afternoon back to Bangalore.

Thanks in advance friends
Old 14th January 2012, 22:14   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego4evr View Post
Hello all

Currently in shiridi drove from Bangalore took the pune route and took the nashik road nh 45 road was good but as it being a two lane road traffic was crazy had a tough time with two wheeler as well. Could you please suggest a road back for me. Will be leaving from shiridi tom afternoon back to Bangalore.

Thanks in advance friends
You may want to try the route via Shani Shignapur/Ahmednagar/Daund/Phaltan/Satara.

Route: link

Ref: Old TL : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2096663

Last edited by ampere : 14th January 2012 at 22:16.

Most Viewed