| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|10th December 2007, 13:21||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
Planning for a long trip...
planning to visit Guruvayoor during last week of this month. We plan to go via Mysore - Sultan Bathery - Kozhikode and then on NH17. Guess it is about 400 km by that route.
1. How long would it take ? Planning to start around 6 am from Bangalore.
2. Is there any nice place around Guruvayoor where we can visit for 1-2 days before returning?
Plan to return via Palakkad - Coimbatore - Salem - Krishnagiri.
Please feel free to suggest any modifications to the plan.
|13th December 2007, 19:00||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Marlborough, MA/Bangalore
Thanked: 31 Times
1. Via calicut route may not be the right option for you. I would suggest you take the Mysore-Gudalore-Nilambur-Pattambi-Kunnamkulam-Guruvayoor route. Roads are decent. You can return the same route. Calicut route is so boring and tiring.
2. This route might take you around 10 hours, if you drive at recent speeds (wherever you can )
3. Spend 1-2 days? Go west and hit the beaches (in and around Chavakkad).
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Planning a road trip: Pune to Hyderabad||camry93||Route / Travel Queries||44||6th December 2012 12:53|
|Planning long holiday, Delhi-Leh-Delhi, Delhi-Gangotri-Delhi by road||arunforu1||Route / Travel Queries||19||22nd August 2009 02:25|
|Planning for Long Vacation Trip||blackstallion76||Travelogues||7||8th April 2009 20:29|
|Planning a trip to Khajuraho EDIT: Now with trip log||ntomer||Travelogues||4||9th January 2008 17:53|