Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2007, 01:26   #1
BHPian

Chandigarh - Jaipur bypassing Delhi : Route Queries

I am planning to go to Jaipur from Chandigarh and i want to save my self from delhi's traffic and time wastage when stuck in JAM.Plz guide me which route should i follow to head for jaipur from Chandigarh,Roads should be in OK-OK condition if not good and most imp of all how much time i would end up saving by going through that route!!
Thanks!
Old 16th December 2007, 06:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

honestly, start at 12am, you'll be in jaipur before 9. (how's ambala chandigarh?)

else rabb di meher!
Old 16th December 2007, 16:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

Take the NH71A just before Panipat to Rohtak, and go all the way to Rewari and then to NH8
You will miss delhi and Panipat jams.
Old 16th December 2007, 17:29   #4
BHPian

How about NH 65 from ambala all the way to Hisar via thanesar kaithal till churu and then to fathepur to jaipur via NH 11
Old 16th December 2007, 19:12   #5
BHPian

As TSK said the road from Panipat to Rohtak is good enuff, Rohtak to Rewari is again better than normal haryana roads(Which btw are improving a lot nowadays), Avoiding delhi/Esp the Dhaula Kuan to Gurgaon traffic(jam) is the most imp task.

Panipat is now no more a bottleneck , the Flyover is nearly finished, Hoping that it will be opened for general public on 31st Jan 2008.

The road from inside Panipat which goes to Rohtak, is generally accessible now so you can go ahead through CHD-AMB-PNP-RHTK-RWR-JAIPUR Route and save nearly 70-80 Kms and 2-3 Hrs of Slow Traffic
Old 16th December 2007, 23:04   #6
Team-BHP Support

Panipat is not a bottleneck!!?
Flyover finished?
I was on that route a week ago, and it does not seem that the traffic woes will end before Jan 2009
Old 16th December 2007, 23:16   #7
BHPian

Well I am in Panipat at least 3 days a week, and my office is bang in the middle of the city , afaik, the past 2 yrs have been horrendous but nowadays trsffic cops and nhai guys ensure fast flow of trafic
Old 17th December 2007, 01:25   #8
BHPian

Thanks guys for the inputs panipat to rohtak then rewari seems to be a great idea!!!How far is the national highway from Rewari?The ambala Hisar churu route is nice option but i think it streches a bit long then rohtak-rewari route!!!
Rohit Gaur it's great news the the flyover is going to be functional soon.
Thanks alot!
Old 17th December 2007, 09:34   #9
Team-BHP Support

rewari will be around 5-6kms from NH8
Old 19th December 2011, 16:48   #10
BHPian

re: Chandigarh - Jaipur bypassing Delhi : Route Queries

Has anyone done Chandigarh jaipur recently. need information on route to avoid Delhi/Gurgaon and road conditions as well?
Old 19th December 2011, 16:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post
Has anyone done Chandigarh jaipur recently. need information on route to avoid Delhi/Gurgaon and road conditions as well?
Road widening work currently going on between Amabala - Panipat and then Gurgaon - Jaipur sections on the usual Jaipur - Delhi - Chandigarh stretch.

Alternate route can be Chandigarh - Ambala - Panipat - Rohtak - Rewari - Jaipur. Sorry, no recent update on road conditions of this section from my side.

But depending upon the "time to start" either from Chandigarh or Jaipur, the normal route (Chandigarh - Delhi - Jaipur) is also good. It has been discussed in various other threads as well.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 19th December 2011 at 16:55.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:40   #12
BHPian

Guys, I have to do a Chandigarh - Jaipur by road on December 30.
I'm sure I'll waste a lot of time if I pass through Delhi and Gurgaon, especially at Dhaula Kuan and then at the Gurgaon toll plaza.

Heard of this alternate route through Rohtak.

could anyone vouch for the road quality?

I feel passing through interior of Haryana might slow me down because of the road quality and I might end up spending same or even longer on the road as compared to the Chandigarh - Delhi - Jaipur route.

Could someone please guide me?

Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 16:55   #13
BHPian

Sugam, route via Rohtak won't be that good. HVK sir also suggested that. If you are keen on avoiding Delhi, then you can do the following route.

Chandigarh - ambala - hisar - rajgarh - fatehpur - churu - sikar - Jaipur.

Roads are good except some odd patches. I have done this route on Diwali this year.

On a different note - my brother and his friends from IDS Chandigarh are doing the Jaipur trip on the same day as you. If you want to travel with some company, please PM me' and I will send his contact details

Sorry - forgot to mention that this group willl come to hisar via patiala - patran - narvana. Roads are better compared to ambala - kaithal road.

Last edited by womanonwheels : 26th December 2011 at 17:00.
Old 26th December 2011, 22:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Sugam avoid Panipat/Karnal-Rohtak-Rewari route at all costs. My brother did it about 4 days back while driving from Nasirabad to Parwanoo and swears that Delhi would have been much much better. The roads are bad to worse with huge unexpected speed breakers. As suggested by womanonwheels Churu route would be better. But seriously do you think it would take that much time crossing Delhi and Gurgaon toll plaza? Think of the time you would save by being on better roads than the side state roads which would be single carriageways most of the time.
Old 11th November 2015, 08:34   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Sugam avoid Panipat/Karnal-Rohtak-Rewari route at all costs.
i will be riding to Chandigarh on the 19th of November, and want to skip delhi. Is the Rewari-Rohtak-Panipat-Chandigarh road better now? That's what has been suggested on other threads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks