Team-BHP - Route Guidance Needed on Hyderabad ~ Yadagirigutta ~ Warangal ~ Vemulawada & BackHome
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Route Guidance Needed on Hyderabad ~ Yadagirigutta ~ Warangal ~ Vemulawada & BackHome (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/32721-route-guidance-needed-hyderabad-yadagirigutta-warangal-vemulawada-backhome.html)

Hello,
We are planning to do the following family trip.

Hyderabad ~ Yadagirigutta ~ Warangal ~ Vemulawada ~ Siddipet / Kamareddy ~ Hyderabad

We are planning to move from home at around 6:30 AM ~ 7 AM and visit Y.Gutta and Warangal (Thousand Pillar Temple, Fort) and then have lunch and proceed to Vemulawada.

I have been to Y.Gutta a year back and then the roads were good but never been to the rest of these places. So i would like to know the following:

i) Road Conditions along the route.
ii) Which road you recommend on the way back to Hyd? Coming by Siddipet or Kamareddy? I don't mind travelling more distance if roads are good and i reach home quicker.
iii) I saw maps @ MapMyIndia and Yahoo Maps India and both of them show that the travel time is about 5 to 7 hours on the way back to Hyderabad from Vemulawada though the distance is less than 200Kms. I am worried about this and not sure if we can make it back home by 9 PM or at max 10 PM
iv) Also this trip would be in the Run In period of Indica Xeta and can't touch speeds beyond 60~70 / 2000~2250 RPM

Thank you :)

Strange to see no reply to this one :confused: Bumping to get this back to page 1stupid:

I can vouch for the road from Hyd to Warangal--it is good, with a very few rough patches near towns. I did this route on Oct 22nd.
For Yadagirigutta, you gotta turn left after Bhongir, but I am told the temple is closed from 12 noon to 5 pm, so please verify.

I believe it depends on the day you visit Yadagiri Gutta. We visited there last Christmas and found Qs to be the comparable to Tirupati. A colleague that time told me, the best option would be to go there a Friday evening to have a very comfortable Sat'day early morning Darshan.

Thank you vnabhi and sreenivass for the information. How about visiting Yadagiri Gutta on Sunday morning ? Also how about the route on the return? Which one should i choose? Kamareddy or Siddipet one?

I have no idea. I hear early morning Darshan goes much better (more of hearsay). Early morning meaning 4-5 A.M kinds. BTW There is a very good Hanuman temple at Surendrapuri on the way to Y'gutta after diversion from the highway, you may like to have a short stop there.

Would surely visit the Hanuman Temple too. Hope it would be open around that time (5 AM) Thank you again :)

Hyderabad Warangal NH 202 is good. Some of the sections were being widened - near Aler; now the road should be much wider.

You can take the Siddipet - Hyderabad road. It is good enough - watch out for maniacal truckers though. If you have time, check out the Wargal Saraswati Temple, a few kilometres after Gajwel Pragynapur. Ask for directions at Gajwel Pragynapur - the small temple atop a hillock is worth a visit. Total distance from the main road to the temple and back, should be close to 20 Kms.

Thanks PVS. So many things to be checked out this time then.

This route will be modified a bit as i have to touch Karimnagar on Friday evening (8th of Feb) and Autofin, Bowenpally on Saturday (9th of Feb) afternoon. Y.Gutta and Warangal would be covered soon in next trip. I feel this is justified because Warangal has more to see than what i had initially thought of.

So i am planning something like following.

Start at Home at 1:30 PM on 8th of Feb and reach Karimnagar by 5 or 6 PM and then attend some function in the evening and retire for the day at our uncle's place and the next morning start early (about 6 or 7 AM) for Vemulawada and after darshan return for Hyd before noon as i need to get my vehicle number plates fixed.

Route to be Taken: Hyd - Siddipet - Karimnagar - Vemulawada - Kamareddy - Bowenpally (Hyd)

Route Guidances from :

Google Earth
MapMyIndia
WikiMapia
Yahoo India Maps
Live Maps (Local)

please: let me know if there is anything to avoid (like few dumb villages) or not to avoid on the route.

- Good car (~Ford Ikon/Accent/ Honda City taxi)
- Early morning each way (~6AM start).

What would be the expected journey time and how are the road conditions now ?

Well, I left at 730 am from Tarnaka, and reached Warangal at 10 am. I could drive fast as there was hardly much traffic. The return, starting at 230 pm,however, took 3 hrs 20 minutes because of traffic near villages and also in Hyderabad.
I have no idea about current road conditions, as my trip was last October.

question for local Hyd folks - has the ORR been completed to connect Gachibowli till the Warangal Highway ?
I have been on the ORR till the Vijayawada Highway - but not sure if the ORR continues to connect till the Warangal Highway
If not what's the best route from Gachibowli till Warangal highway - i just know the long route Gachibowli - Begumpet - Tarnaka - Uppal - Warangal