Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 22:07   #1
BHPian

Help! Hozur to Tumkur

Hello Guyz.. I am leaving for Goa late tomorrow night from Chennai.
The idea of leaving late night is to avoid the crazy traffic in bangalore during the day.
I would like to know which is the best way to reach Tumkur without entering Bangalore or which would be the easiest least traffic route.
I plan to take the Hozur road and not the Old Madras road from Chennai to Bangalore

Thanks in Advance.
Old 22nd December 2007, 12:06   #2
BHPian

Hello Pal,

Take right turn beneath silk board fly over (Bommanahalli). Keep going, take left from the second signal. Keep going, you will touch the Old madras road. Take left and keep going. After the Rope fly over you will very clearly see the sign board directing you to Tumkur.

On the other hand, since you are touching Bangalore in night, preferably you can pass through city without any fuzz and reach Yeswanthpur without any traffic..

From Yeswanthpur, the road is directly leading to Tumkur via Neelamanagala. This should take roughly 60~90 mins provided you are very clear with the routes.

Check with MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go! for more detailed road map to cross Bangalore.

Have fun.
Old 22nd December 2007, 16:11   #3
BANNED

I think that's a little too roundabout.

As you enter Bangalore, near Electronic City, watch out for a sign saying Tumkur on your left. This is before the Silk Board flyover (if I remember correctly). That should help you reach Tumkur road faster.

But as Dhanasekaran says, late night you can just drive through the city.
Old 22nd December 2007, 16:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Best way to go is take the route as Dhanasekaran has said because if you enter the city there are not signages leading to NH4 which ultimately leads to Tumkur. You need to take the ORR and the same will touch NH4 near RNS motors.
Old 22nd December 2007, 17:18   #5
BHPian

Guyz.... Thanks for the quick reply.
I have decided to drive through Bangalore if I reach early. But if it gets late I want to find the best way to avoid the traffic.
I took the Outer Ring road the last time but it looked like a very long route.
Any Idea if I can catch Mysore road from Hozur road, then go to Tumkur Road from there?
Old 27th December 2007, 17:07   #6
BHPian

Thanks guyz, I just finished my roadtrip to Goa and back.... I Reached Bangalore by 5.30a.m so I drove through the city.
Old 27th December 2007, 17:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

please do post your travel exp iceman.

am planning a similar trip from bng to goa.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:05   #8
BHPian

I just posted in the Bangalore to Goa Column. Please have a look and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...goa-route.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks