Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 16:50   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to know you had a great and safe trip back home. Where did you stay in Goa during this peak season? Which are the hot spots that you went to?

I will be there during Feb 3rd week and would appreciate any tips of decent hotels within 1.5K per night budget for an AC room in North goa near calangute or baga.
Old 14th January 2008, 20:05   #17
BHPian

well i deliberately stay away from baga & calangute during high season ..as the beaches ,approach roads and general areas get too crowded and obnoxious ..particualrly if you have females alongwith you ...

i stayed at a bungalow @candolim ,no point taking a hotel and getting tied down to one room .. 4 of us .. 2000 per night ..comes to only 500 per head per night .
you had the entire top floor ,terrace ,balcony , parking space ..bathrooms etc for driver ..there are several such options @candolim and anjuna .. stayed for 7 nights ..
if you reach there at day time ..just take a quick round ..and negotiate..tell them you staying somewher else and wanna shift ..they l lay down the red carpet.

places are very well maintained and have nice eating ,etc options nearby ..
as they are run by the families who stay on ground floor and rent 1/2nd floor etc ,,
Regarding hot spots ..il pm you .if you tell me where you want to party..

cheers mate ,hope i was of some help..
Nik
Old 15th January 2008, 10:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik9912 View Post
i stayed at a bungalow @candolim ,no point taking a hotel and getting tied down to one room .. 4 of us .. 2000 per night ..comes to only 500 per head per night .
you had the entire top floor ,terrace ,balcony , parking space ..bathrooms etc for driver ..there are several such options @candolim and anjuna .. stayed for 7 nights ..Regarding hot spots ..il pm you .if you tell me where you want to party..cheers mate ,hope i was of some help..
Nik
Thanks. Since its only me and a male friend of mine so i dont want a big place, just need a AC room to sleep for 4 hours ( since we dont want to sleep more than that ). So you can imagine, we will be out from 9am to 3-4am in the morning, paying a huge price for a hotel room isnt justified. So any cheaper place would be of great help with contact info. Regarding party, i usually hang out at Tito, mambo's and vanilla lounge. Whenever i went club cabana was closed due to some thing or other. Would expect your PM to the some hot partying locations that i may not have discovered in my previous visits.

Most Viewed