Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2007, 11:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Udupi and back.

Hi,

Route Query: I'am planning to go to Udupi starting from 25/12. Pls suggest the route as I understand the route from Bangalore to Mangalore is bad with pot holes/ craters. Which other route is feasible. I will be travelling in Ikon with 4 members (2 adults and 2 kids). It will be 3 day trip. Planning to start at around 8.00 am in morning. OR is it better to go by bus to Udupi and take a vehicle from Udupi and move around the places.

Places Query: Also suggest which are the places I can watch out in and around Udupi. I have seen Malpe/ Murudeshwara/ Kollur/ Hornadu/ Dharmastala/ Sringeri/ Sirsi/ Gokarna etc and almost all the pilgrimage places. I have also gone to St. Mary's Island.

Weather Query: How is the weather in and around Udupi. Is it hot/cold/manageable? Pls inform as I will be travelling with my family with 2 kids. (1~5 yrs of age). Do I need to bring in lot of warm clothes?

Pls suggest if any other places are worth seeing in and around Udupi.

Thanks

Last edited by snaronikar : 22nd December 2007 at 11:34.
Old 22nd December 2007, 15:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey no replies till now..Does this mean nobody wants to post or they are not interested in posting?

Last edited by snaronikar : 22nd December 2007 at 15:08.
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

@Mods: Pls close this thread. I have posted the same query in te existing threads iteslf.
Old 15th January 2008, 16:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hey no replies till now..Does this mean nobody wants to post or they are not interested in posting?
Just saw this. The problem was with your timing, most people who hang around this section had already left for their long vacation, just like I did.
Old 15th January 2008, 17:30   #5
BHPian

Since this thread is active, I will just add:

I drove on NH17 northwards from Mangalore last weekend. Went till Maravanthe where the road almost rubs shoulders with the sea over a long stretch.

First 20 km from Mangalore was very bad. Four-laning is in progress till Surathkal and driving there is an ordeal; diversions and all. The heavy traffic didn't help.

From there, Surathkal - Udupi- Kundapur seemed to be in good condition, though slightly rough (yet driveable) at a few places. All potholes have been patched up.
Old 15th January 2008, 23:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey I have already completed this tour (in bus of course). My friends and relatives advised not to drive in those roads as I was going with family. The bus itself ran around 2 hrs late as the roads were too bad.

@ Mods: Pls close this thread.

Last edited by snaronikar : 15th January 2008 at 23:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks