Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2017, 15:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries

Just book on https://online.sai.org.in and get your darshan or aarti scheduled, you will be into the temple in 15..20 minutes if you arrive a bit earlier than the scheduled time slot that you get.

Don't know about group but there's no shortage of bus services and tourist cabs available in Pune that you can try.

You can book a basic accomodation on online.sai.org.in or can book a hotel that suits your budget (read the thread!!)

All you need to do / know is in that post I had made earlier http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3590583

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
1) I would prefer leaving on Saturday and coming back on Sunday.
2) Since I would be traveling alone, it would be nice if there a group.
3) I would be staying overnight there in the Shirdi, so if somebody could let me know a decent accommodation there. If not included in the package.
4) I understand that there are online slots for 'VIP' darshan but how much time does it normally takes if ones goes by 'Aam Adami Approach'?
5) Any other pointers I need to take care of?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:29   #17
BHPian

Guys, a question. Is there any "Free" car parking in Shirdi. Have been then unmpteen times but havnt been able to spot one. So just taking a chance here if anyone has seen one
Old 13th January 2017, 16:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Guys, a question. Is there any "Free" car parking in Shirdi. Have been then unmpteen times but havnt been able to spot one. So just taking a chance here if anyone has seen one
Take a hotel room and any decent hotel will give you free parking. Simple.
Old 13th January 2017, 16:38   #19
BHPian

Wont be staying there. Its a drive to Shirdi in the morning and drive back home in the afternoon. Hotel was an option which even I contemplated but then the paid parking would work out cheaper than a hotel room

EDIT - OT: Suresh I knew I could count on you for an immediate reply. Thanks for the same
Old 13th January 2017, 19:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Paid parking is almost at shopping mall rates but not very much for a short visit

There is a decent one just across from the temple so you can leave your chappals in the car. Leave phones etc in the car at your own risk.
Old 13th January 2017, 19:53   #21
BHPian

Yeah. I generally use the same but they charge attrocious fares for a few hours.
Old 16th January 2017, 12:02   #22
BHPian

Did a solo Pune-Shirdi-Pune on Saturday. Took me dot 3 hours to reach Shirdi from Pune and around 3.5 on the way back, both without breaks. I took the route I generally take - Pune-Nagar-Shirdi route. Saw a couple of accidents on the way though there were no traffic snarls

Parked in a paid lot right in front of gate 1. Charges are 70, 20 up from the earlier 50 (visit almost 3 years back) and its an open parking. So you are lucky if you find any shade for your buddy.

Took breakfast after parking as was walking towards the darshan Q at around 10.15. Being Makar Sankranti, the crowd was just maddening and absolutely unmanageable. I was trying to find the end of the line leading to gate 1, but no matter how further I kept walking, the end was just not in sight. Finally reached the end and got in line. I did not take the VIP pass because it was me alone and I did not mind waiting a little longer for dashan. Adding to it, till the night before I wasnt sure of going. So did not want to spend on a trip which was not planned. Realized later, that VIP pass would have been of no use either because of the crowd and the line was equally big there too.

Waited in the queue for a good 20-25 mins and heard people telling that you need a "pass" for the darshan and I started thinking what is this new thing about. Recollected vividly about seeing boards for "Free biometric passes for dashan" while hunting for the end of the darshan line. Many people like me in the queue, were not aware of it and all made a mad dash for the "pass". I thought probably it might not be required since its a free darshan only to be proved wrong within the next few minutes.

Apparently now there is a new system even for free darshan. Adjacent to gate one is a lane while goes down the temple. The pass center is just to the left as soon as you enter the lane somewhere around here (see red circle in below image)

Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries-untitled.jpg

Here you need to wait in a queue and you will be given a pass after your pic is taken via a cam. I guess there have fingerprints too (saw boards stating which finger is to be kept) but probably wasn't in force that day because of the rush. The pass will mention the time slot for your darshan along with the gate (1/2) you need to be at. Make to check this and be at the correct gate at the correct time else you might not be allowed inside and make sure to keep it safe till you atleast get into one of the darshan halls as they will be verified once.

After the darshan, came out by around 2, had lunch and took the return journey home.

EDIT - I am not sure if this pass thing is a regular affair or just that day owing to the rush but never the less make sure to check it once before standing in the darshan queue

Last edited by centaur : 16th January 2017 at 12:06.
Old 20th February 2017, 17:10   #23
BHPian

Re: Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries

Hello Guys,

I need your help in planning Pune-Shirdi-Nashik trip that I intend to do with my folks. I would basically have 3 days (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) for this trip.

I was thinking to reach early on friday (at Shirdi for Kakkad Darshan) and then do Shani Darshan and rest for the entire day. Next day I can leave for Nashik and visit trimbkeshwar and for the eve we can visit some local market and may be try some famous local cuisines (In Nashik). Last day (Sunday) do some local sighseeing (in Nashik) and start in the after noon so that we can return in the evening in pune.

How does the trip looks like? my folks have already seen Pune but never got the chance to roam about pune so wanted to cover as much as I can in this trip.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Old 20th February 2017, 17:30   #24
BHPian

Kakad aarti is around 4.00 AM and if you want to reach Shirdi by then means you will have to leave by at least 12 in the night (say 3-3.5 hours of travel+ around 30 mins time to get in). Better to book the tickets online if you plan to attend the aarti.

Unless you are very keen on attending the aarti, I would suggest you take a leisure start of around 6 and reach by 10-10.30, take a darshan (since you are going on a weekday there wont be much of a crowd) and then head to Nashik. If you book the darshan passes online, the process will be faster. Just head to gate 3 and you will be in the darbar in around 10-15 mins max. After this you can head to Shani and take darshan there too. Rest you can keep as is.
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 18:17   #25
BHPian

Hello BHP’ians and Suresh

I would be travelling/driving to Shirdi on the 30th of April with wifey and my 7 year old from Pune (Viman Nagar). Need some help in terms of the following:

- Eateries on the way
- Is taking the Ahmednagar bypass still not viable
- Also if I need to cross Ahmednagar, what will be the best time to cross i.e. going to Shirdi on Sunday and returning on Monday.
- Any map link to be followed for the correct route i.e. avoiding bypasses etc.

Can you also confirm how the highways are i.e. 4 laner/2 laner. Anything else I need to bear in mind, like dress code etc. We are booking the online darshan.

Thanks
Rish
Old 24th April 2017, 18:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

I just replied to your other post on a related thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4188122

Mods these two might be merged please?
Old 21st December 2018, 03:45   #27
BHPian

I will be driving Hyderabad-Shirdi on Sunday via Sholapur and Pune. Will start from Hyderabad at 2 or 3 AM. The route to Shirdi is altogether a different route from Hyderabad and I don't want to take that as it was not at all in good shape when I travelled last time. Hence I don't mind driving via Pune.

Can some one help me with the best route from Pune to Shirdi.
Old 21st December 2018, 06:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
Can some one help me with the best route from Pune to Shirdi.

Take Pune - Ahmednagar - Shirdi route. Avoid Ahmednagar bypass and travel through the Ahmednagar city. It should take you 4 to 4.5hrs with one break.
Old 28th December 2018, 20:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Took this route returning from Shirdi.

Takes you through the dreaded Nagar bypass for a good 20 km distance. The results came as a surprise.

One overbridge is in bad condition, which you can't do beyond 20-30. Rest of the surface varies from rough to good, where you can be on 5th gear. The Google suggested route does skip the initial 5 km or so and takes you through some peripheral Nagar roads driving southbound from Shirdi/Rahuri, so the above comment holds good only for the rest of the 15-20 km.

Overall took 1:20 hrs in the early morning hours from Shirdi to SmileStone.
Old 29th December 2018, 14:42   #30
BHPian

I drove to Shirdi and back just two days back. The route is pretty standard through Beed- Ahmednagar highway. The road is excellent and can go pretty fast. There are toll boooths enroute, but cars dont have to pay any toll.

I had read here that I should avoid the bypass as the road is extremely bad. When I was going to Shirdi, I went through the city but on the way back, I decided to try the bypass. This post is basically about the bypass since the rest of the route is pretty standard.

The bypass road is pretty decent. Atleast about 60% is quite driveable. The rest of the road is not paved nicely, but can drive through. Its not that its full of pot holes and that it takes a heavy toll on the suspension. I am putting some pics here of the road.

Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries-001.jpg

Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries-003.jpg

Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries-004.jpg

The above four are pics of the worst patch of road on the bypass. You can see that there are no potholes. Its just that its not laid. Quite driveable.

Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries-005.jpg

There are large stretches with this type of road.

Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries-006.jpg

Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries-007.jpg

Very small patch where the road is like this... Maybe about half a km

Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries-008.jpg

This is the last stretch and its pretty good.

My verdict - I would take the bypass, unless Im passing at night. Reasons are many.

1. The road is not "un-drivable". Unless you have a hatchback where you may progress slowly on the unpaved roads.

2. You will keep moving constantly as there are hardly any traffic enroute, except for the trucks.

3. No annoying signals, two wheelers who suddenly decide to change direction, pedestrians who keep crossing the road in the city.

Rest you can take a call after seeing the pictures.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
chipsnchops is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks