Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 16:37   #76
BHPian

Re: Pune to Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
How bad? Still deep craters bad?

Is the Sangamner route all smooth now? There were some intermittent bad sections when I last drove.

Not very surprising. Hope you had a valid PUC. When visiting MH, I always carry all originals for this very reason.

Shirdi to Shani Shingnapur was bad but manageable potholes.
Sangamner to Shirdi was a smooth surface all throughout.

In this trip the State highways that i took were all very well mantained and with onset of monsoons there was greenary all around and we really enjoyed.

Except the first cop who checked the RC may be to confirm, all other cops allowed me go when i told them it is a 8 months old car when asked for a PUC.
pudarsanketh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 21:52   #77
BHPian

Anyone travelled to Shirdi from Pune recently? Is the sangamner route good enough to drive a German sedan?
I am planning to travel on 28th January.
Old 29th January 2023, 19:02   #78
BHPian

I did travel on 28th Jan.
The route was from Kharadi-Shikrapur-alephata-Sangamner-Shirdi Airport road- Shirdi.

The road is decent for approx 95% of the time. The state highways are really good with no potholes. There is one section after pabal which is bad. The choice is between craters or a kutcha road where a bridge is being built. This is for about 500m.
The other is small craters near the shirdi airport road in a patch about 1-2 km but nothing major.
Overall good journey and nothing too crazy that my 320d could not handle. Would recommend this route till the monsoons.
kvothe_rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 19:01   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvothe_rules View Post
I did travel on 28th Jan.
The route was from Kharadi-Shikrapur-alephata-Sangamner-Shirdi Airport road- Shirdi.

The road is decent for approx 95% of the time. The state highways are really good with no potholes. There is one section after pabal which is bad. The choice is between craters or a kutcha road where a bridge is being built. This is for about 500m.
The other is small craters near the shirdi airport road in a patch about 1-2 km but nothing major.
Overall good journey and nothing too crazy that my 320d could not handle. Would recommend this route till the monsoons.
Hi, which route did you take from Shikrapur to Alephata ? I will be travelling from Nagpur via Samruddhi and have to go to Pune Ville near Hinjewadi I guess. Google suggests Alephata-Narayangaon-Rajgurunagar-Chakan. Any idea about this route. Also how much time did it take for you from Kharadi to Shirdi? Thanks in advance
Old 17th March 2023, 08:34   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
...Shikrapur to Alephata... near Hinjewadi I guess. Google suggests Alephata-Narayangaon-Rajgurunagar-Chakan...
Hinjewadi and Kharadi are in the opposite sides of Pune, ~25kms apart. If you are going to former, route suggested by google (via Chakan) is okay. Kharadi - Shikrapur - Pabal - Alephata is a newly tarred state highway. It is a two lane winding through farms and villages. Currently there are not many HCVs on this section so drive is relatively peaceful.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 17:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I will be a having a return trip to Shirdi tomorrow. I plan to start by 6 am from Pune.

So far, I have always taken Pune - Ahmednagar - Shirdi route, whenever the final destination is Shirdi. While travelling to Indore, I have been using Nashik bypass - Malegaon route.

Is Ahmednagar Shirdi route good enough these days, considering the road condition and traffic? There is an option to go via Sangamner but this too will take 4.5 hours. Pune - Ahmednagar - Shirdi too used to take around same time (2.5 hours till Nagar and another 1 hour 45 minutes till Shirdi).
Old 4th May 2023, 14:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi,

I will be a having a return trip to Shirdi tomorrow. I plan to start by 6 am from Pune.

So far, I have always taken Pune - Ahmednagar - Shirdi route, whenever the final destination is Shirdi. While travelling to Indore, I have been using Nashik bypass - Malegaon route.

Is Ahmednagar Shirdi route good enough these days, considering the road condition and traffic? There is an option to go via Sangamner but this too will take 4.5 hours. Pune - Ahmednagar - Shirdi too used to take around same time (2.5 hours till Nagar and another 1 hour 45 minutes till Shirdi).
Did Pune Shirdi via Ahmednagar. It took 4.5 hours exactly. Started at 6:30 am, reached Ahmednagar in 2.5 hours and Shirdi in another 2 hours.

Ahmednagar Shirdi is much better than before. 4 laning work is in progress in patches. But doable

Will return tonight via Sangamner and see the difference.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 23:48   #83
BHPian

Folks, we are planning Pune to Shirdi drive on Ganesh Visarjan day, will it so bad such that we cannot even make the journey?
I am hearing contradicting news, we are traveling with parent and 2 year old child, and plan to start around 7am on Visarjan day (Sep 28th) and then reach Shirdi and stay overnight and have temple visit that day.
Next day we plan to come back Pune (29th Sep), please advice.
Old 17th September 2023, 09:57   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Did Pune Shirdi via Ahmednagar. It took 4.5 hours exactly. Started at 6:30 am, reached Ahmednagar in 2.5 hours and Shirdi in another 2 hours.

Ahmednagar Shirdi is much better than before. 4 laning work is in progress in patches. But doable

Will return tonight via Sangamner and see the difference.
Plan to do Pune-Shirdi trip in October middle engaging a taxi. Which route is better for comfort and time more than cost? Much appreciate inputs.
Old 17th September 2023, 21:06   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Plan to do Pune-Shirdi trip in October middle engaging a taxi. Which route is better for comfort and time more than cost? Much appreciate inputs.
You either cross Ahmednagar town or use the bypass. Your cabbie will have done the route often enough to know which road is in better condition.
Old 21st September 2023, 04:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Folks, we are planning Pune to Shirdi drive on Ganesh Visarjan day, will it so bad such that we cannot even make the journey?
I am hearing contradicting news, we are traveling with parent and 2 year old child, and plan to start around 7am on Visarjan day (Sep 28th) and then reach Shirdi and stay overnight and have temple visit that day.
Next day we plan to come back Pune (29th Sep), please advice.
If you start at 7 am, you can go via Ahmednagar too, not a problem. No need to take Ahmednagar bypass, better to pass through the town via the new flyover.

Going via Sangamner will be easier for self driving. Time wise it won't make much difference.

From which location in Pune would you be starting your journey? It will be difficult (or even impossible) to take the car out from the core area in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Going via Sangamner will be more relaxing for self driving. Time wise it won't make much difference, especially if you start early in the morning. Also check if your starting point is nearer to Kasarwadi or to Nagar road.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 00:13   #87
BHPian

Quote:
If you start at 7 am, you can go via Ahmednagar too, not a problem. No need to take Ahmednagar bypass, better to pass through the town via the new flyover.

From which location in Pune would you be starting your journey? It will be difficult (or even impossible) to take the car out from the core area in the city.
We will be using taxi service and starting from Crowne Plaza (next to Jehangir hospital). Will it be a problem even if we start around 7am?
We plan to stay in Shirdi that night, so is it advisable to still do Shani Shingnapur that day or next day while we return?

Since we are going with a small kid, which route is preferred?
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:20   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
We will be using taxi service and starting from Crowne Plaza (next to Jehangir hospital). Will it be a problem even if we start around 7am?
We plan to stay in Shirdi that night, so is it advisable to still do Shani Shingnapur that day or next day while we return?

Since we are going with a small kid, which route is preferred?
Getting out of Pune from Jehangir Hospital at 7 am will not be a problem.

Plan 1: Go to Shirdi via Sangamner. If you are staying overnight at Shirdi, you can return via Shani Shingnapur - Ahmednagar on the next day.

Plan 2: Since you are hiring a cab, you will be anyway paying for 300 km per day. So, if everyone feels fresh enough, you can also plan Shirdi - Shani Shingnapur - Shirdi on the Ganesh Visarjan day. This is 1.5 hours travel one way. Be prepared for half an hour extra because of Ganesh Visarjan. After returning from Shani Shingnapur, you can stay overnight at Shirdi and return via Sangamner.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 14:07   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Getting out of Pune from Jehangir Hospital at 7 am will not be a problem.

Plan 1: Go to Shirdi via Sangamner. If you are staying overnight at Shirdi, you can return via Shani Shingnapur - Ahmednagar on the next day.

Plan 2: Since you are hiring a cab, you will be anyway paying for 300 km per day. So, if everyone feels fresh enough, you can also plan Shirdi - Shani Shingnapur - Shirdi on the Ganesh Visarjan day. This is 1.5 hours travel one way. Be prepared for half an hour extra because of Ganesh Visarjan. After returning from Shani Shingnapur, you can stay overnight at Shirdi and return via Sangamner.
Cool thanks, yes we plan to leave early to avoid hassles, will take the Sangamner route then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks