Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2007, 23:20   #1
BHPian

Chitrakoot: hidden fountains, a wildlife sanctuary reached by Kanpur or Allahabad.

Has anyone been there? Can someone post the best route from Lucknow?
Has anyone stayed at the Ranipur Forest Guest House?
Any experiences to be shared.
I have decided to drive my 2000km old Cedia with my family to this place in Vindhya hills on the border of UP and MP.
I have been to this place almost 25 yaers back. It was a ravine with rich flora, hidden springs and fountains with mythological spots thrown in. The roads were just motorable then.
From Lucknow, I intend passing NH25 till Kanpur. Will turn towards Fatehpur on NH2. There on is some road to a place called Attara via Baberu and Basenda Buzurg. Again NH76 to Chitrakoot. I have obtained this from the mapmyindia site. Hope the patch between Fatehpur to Attara is driveable.
Old 28th December 2007, 00:23   #2
BHPian

Man proposes God disposes.
While trying to book the forest guest house the forest officials after some left and right disclosed that the forest is under the command of dacoits and totally unsafe. In fact they have been trying to bring down the guest house to lessen the dacoit interference.
No more Ranipur
On contacting the locales no one seems to know the road as described in mapmyindia from fatehpur to attara. Has anyone ever been misled by this site?
Now reaching Chitrakoot via allahabad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks