Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2013, 15:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Delhi and back

I would recommend taking the following route
Delhi >> Chittaurgarh bypass >> Ratlam bypass >> Indore bypass>> Dhule >> Pune >> Bangalore.

This route is faster with less traffic and save for a 35 km stretch immediately after Chittaurgarh bypass the rest of the roads are as good and in stretches better than the other road.

I have driven on this road in Dec of last year and found it to be less demanding compared to the very high traffic corridors between GJ and MH, bypassing BOM and then the traffic nightmare of YRC Xpressway.

Having said that, do note that the stretch between Chittaurgarh and Dhule is slim on facilities when compared to the other road. One will get all of the basic facilities in terms of fuel stations etc but otherwise it passes through very small towns as all cities are bypassed.

Ideally in a single day one can cover 800 Kms in a day's driving of say 10-11 hours on either road. This will of course also be dependent on the drivers physical and mental makeup as much as on the vehicle's condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Planning to visit Bangalore from Delhi in the 2nd week of November. From what I have heard/read so far, it seems taking the GQ till Mumbai/Pune and then NH4 from there on would be a good bet.

I am a little concerned about the timings. Conservatively it will take at least 2 stopovers. What I wanted to know is, can Del Mum be attempted in a single day? Not necessarily completing it but maybe stayover someplace near Mumbai and target next day night arrival in Bangalore?

What do you guys suggest?
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 11:56   #32

Hi Friends!

My friend and I are planning a road trip from Bangalore to delhi in the 1st week of April 2014. Since we both have kids less than 3 years old, we thought it would be better to pack off the wifies and kids to Delhi in a flight and then drive down to Delhi in my new XUV 5OO.

Since it is the first time we are planning a trip like this, we thought we would do a dry run and see how it goes and then decide whether we can take the ladies and kids along on our way back or to again send them in a flight. "Why do you even want to go there in your car then?" some may ask.
Well, for two reasons -
1. We motorheads need to find a reason to go out on a log drive like this.
2. We have a few small trips planned from Delhi to Amritsar, Chandigarh etc which we wanted to cover in our car.

Now comes the questions and help needed part

1. What is the best route to take from Bangalore to Delhi (considering the fact that we will be just 2 guys)? My first thought was Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jhansi-Agra-Delhi. However, there are these concerns I have:
  • Not too sure about the roads in MP (anyone who has taken this route please help)
  • I have heard that the Seoni-Sagar section is single lane undivided road and not in a great condition.
  • Any safety and security concerns that one should be aware of on this route (especially in MP)
  • Is driving in the night going to be fine in the MP part of the route?
2. Would the other route Bangalore-Pune-Indore-Ratlam-Chittorgarh-Jaipur-Delhi make more sense? Google Maps says it is 113 kms longet than the Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jhansi route. How much difference in time would it make if we take this route rather than taking thte N-S corridor?

3. How much should we push the car to be driven in a day (in terms of kms)? Driving is not going to be an issue as we are two of us and both are equally crazy driving enthusiasts. However, I just needed an expert opinion on this since this is my first SUV and my car and I are still knowing each other. I just wanted to be aware of when to stop pushing the car for more.

I know some of the things I have asked above have been discussed already but all of that information was at least 4-5 months old or even more. Since a lot can change about things such as road condition, facilities on the way etc, I would really appreciate if you all could please help me figure out the best and the safest route to take.

Thanks!
Harjeet
harjeet.khokher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeet.khokher View Post
Since we both have kids less than 3 years old, we thought it would be better to pack off the wifies and kids to Delhi in a flight a
Absolutely no problem with driving the route with kids and ladies.Absolutely safe and plenty of wayside facilities.Innumerable people do this route almost on a daily basis with families.

Quote:
1. What is the best route to take from Bangalore to Delhi (considering the fact that we will be just 2 guys)? My first thought was Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jhansi-Agra-Delhi. However, there are these concerns I have:
  • Not too sure about the roads in MP (anyone who has taken this route please help)
  • I have heard that the Seoni-Sagar section is single lane undivided road and not in a great condition.
  • Any safety and security concerns that one should be aware of on this route (especially in MP)
  • Is driving in the night going to be fine in the MP part of the route?
Dont bother with this route.Stick to the GQ.Blr-Tumkur-Kolhapur-Pune-Mumbai-Baroda-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Chittor-Jaipur-Manesar-Gurgaon

Quote:
3. How much should we push the car to be driven in a day (in terms of kms)? Driving is not going to be an issue as we are two of us and both are equally crazy driving enthusiasts. However, I just needed an expert opinion on this since this is my first SUV and my car and I are still knowing each other. I just wanted to be aware of when to stop pushing the car for more.
D1:Blr-Mumbai : 12-14hrs (Hotel Fountain at Ghodbunder is the preferred option right on NH8)

D2:Mumbai-Chittor:15hrs(Ghodbunder-Amd Ring road:8hrs,AMD-Udp:4-5hr,UDP-Chittor:2hrs).If you cant stretch to Chittor,then Himatnagar(Hotel Landmark,Udaipur:RTDC hotel are all options where you can stay before Chittor)You can also consider staying at RTDC Ratanpur before Udaipur which is on the NH8 itself http://www.rtdc.in/uanh8.htm

D3:Udaipur-Delhi:udp-jaipur:7hrs,Jaipur-Gurgaon:5hrs(approximate-could be 4 or 6 also)

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 3rd February 2014 at 13:01.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 09:57   #34
BHPian

Hi Harjeet,

I am planning to do Bangalore - Delhi trip later this month with my wife and two kids. Wanted to check with you on the route that you took and any points that I should keep in mind while travelling on this route.

Kind regards

Dheeraj
Old 16th June 2014, 10:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhir_d View Post
Hi Harjeet,

I am planning to do Bangalore - Delhi trip later this month with my wife and two kids. Wanted to check with you on the route that you took and any points that I should keep in mind while travelling on this route.

Kind regards

Dheeraj
Straight forward route,no issues whatsoever.The only problem sectors would be Manesar-Chandwaji,Pune-Satara.Both due to 6 laning,but not a major hindrance.

D1: Del-Udaipur 10-12hrs (dependent on how well you clear Manesar-Chandwaji)
D2:Udaipur-Pune 11-13hrs (Bypassing Mumbai is the only time consuming issue)
D3:Pune-Bangalore 10-12hrs (Straightforward,depending on where you are headed to within Bangalore,take the NICE road after Tumkur or continue straight on the NH4 towards Yeshwantpur and onwards)

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 16th June 2014 at 10:45.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 19:57   #36
BHPian

Hi Ranjit,

I'll be doing Bangalore - Delhi. Could you recommend some hotels to stay and fuel bunks for filling up diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Straight forward route,no issues whatsoever.The only problem sectors would be Manesar-Chandwaji,Pune-Satara.Both due to 6 laning,but not a major hindrance.

D1: Del-Udaipur 10-12hrs (dependent on how well you clear Manesar-Chandwaji)
D2:Udaipur-Pune 11-13hrs (Bypassing Mumbai is the only time consuming issue)
D3:Pune-Bangalore 10-12hrs (Straightforward,depending on where you are headed to within Bangalore,take the NICE road after Tumkur or continue straight on the NH4 towards Yeshwantpur and onwards)
Old 17th June 2014, 06:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhir_d View Post
Hi Ranjit,

I'll be doing Bangalore - Delhi. Could you recommend some hotels to stay and fuel bunks for filling up diesel

The stopovers are the same even in the reverse direction.

Pune there is Ginger,Holiday Inn,Sadanand Regency,Sayaji all on the NH4 on the Pune bypass itself.You can choose depending on your budget.If you can push to Mumbai then Hotel Fountain at Ghodbunder on NH8 is a budget place.

at udaipur there is nothing on the bypass,you have to go into the town.RTDC Kajiri is good,else before you reach Udaipur you can opt to stay at Ahmedabad there is Best western takshashila,Himmatnagar there is Landmark,there is Rtdc at Shmlaji all on the NH8 it self

Plenty of coco fuel pumps on the way(company owned company operated) and plenty of places to eat as well including the mcdonalds at kolhapur bypass and at vapi apart from good and clean restaurants which would put the mcdies and ccds to shame.Nothing to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 18th June 2014, 15:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:

at udaipur there is nothing on the bypass,you have to go into the town.RTDC Kajiri is good,else before you reach Udaipur you can opt to stay at Ahmedabad there is Best western takshashila,Himmatnagar there is Landmark,there is Rtdc at Shmlaji all on the NH8 it self

>>>

On the NH8, that is on the Udaipur bypass ( assuming you are driving from Bombay toward Udaipur and Chittorgarh), on the RHS there is the Paras Hill Resort where I regularly stop for an overnight halt.

As compared to the government hotels, this is definitely expensive. The meals are alright too. Do not expect five star standards of Delhi/Bombay.

I think there are a few other resort type hotels, Sneh Resorts being one that have come up to cater to customers who wish to give Udaipur a miss on their journeys on the NH8.

Regards
Old 25th September 2014, 15:48   #39
BHPian

I have already done:

1 Delhi-Udaipur-Mumbai-Pune-Bangalore.
2 Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Seoni-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi
3 Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Seoni-Nagpur-Hyderabad-Bangalore

This time I want to try Bangalore-Indore-Delhi. Need Route suggestions and current road condition information for the way.

3-Possible routes are:

1 Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Betul-Khandwa-Indore. This I am trying to avoid due to huge bad patches before Nagpur (Already done in June).

2 Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nizamabad-Hingoli-Burhanpur-Indore. This I would like to try but need information on road condition. Want to avoid roads with bad patches, heavy traffic or without median.

3 Bangalore -chitradurga-Hospet-Bijapur-Barshi-Aurangabad-Dhule-Indore. This route I have covered only till hospet with few bad patches. After Hospet I need information on road conditions.

Also if anybody has done bangalore-indore before, kindly shed some light on the total time required. Google & Map my India times are not realistic.

Beyond Indore upto Delhi I have to decide again which route to take.

Kindly advice.
Old 25th September 2014, 18:01   #40
BHPian

Urgent Information needed, planning trip mid next week.

Can someone shed light on Bangalore-Indore section.

1. How much time it takes to cover Bangalore-Indore-Delhi? Which route out of 3 is advisable, I am looking forward more towards route number 3 in post#39?

2. Are there Bad patches enroute?

3. How about safety issue pertaining to night driving?

4. Usual traffic scene on the route, is there heavy truck traffic?

5. Is some part without median, if yes then how long that section is?

6. Break down repair options on the way, I had terrible headache while doing Delhi-Bangalore in June. Scorpio clutch gave away on out skirts of jhansi, With lot of efforts procured genuine mahindra spare with bill, the same part failed again in less than 24 hours near Hyderabad. Anyway that is a different story, but I do not trust mahindra part quality anymore.
Old 25th September 2014, 18:28   #41
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunforu1 View Post
3 Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Seoni-Nagpur-Hyderabad
Except for horrible sections after entering Maharashtra from Telangana upto Hinganghat, the road conditions are very good all the way to Delhi. The details are here.

On Indore route, the road conditions at the border of MP-RJ before Chittorgarh was horrible last year, when I drove on this stretch. There was long queue of many km comprising loaded trucks. Of course, I crossed the border in the night. I drove Bangalore>Pune>Shirdi>Malegaon>Dhule>Indore [stay]>Ratlam>Neemuch>Chittorgarh>Delhi. Except for Ahmednagar-Malegaon and a section at the border of MP-RJ, the entire route cpmprises excellent 4-laned SH/NH.

All the routes are safe.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th September 2014 at 18:51.

Old 25th September 2014, 18:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Except for horrible sections after entering Maharashtra from Telangana upto Hinganghat, the road conditions are very good all the way to Delhi. The details are here.
I meant Bangalore -chitradurga-Hospet-Bijapur-Barshi-Aurangabad-Dhule-Indore route Information.

The Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Delhi, I have already done in June 2014 & very well aware of recent conditions. So far this was the fastest Bangalore delhi route.
Old 3rd January 2015, 10:18   #43
BHPian

Thanks,

stayed in Pune at Ginger.
2nd stop was at RTDC Gavri. Very warm staff with good food. Though it was a little noisy in the night as it was next to the highway.
average distance covered daily was 800kms+
One pump to avoid, where I got cheated on the quantity filled was Veer Petroleum (IOC bunk)
Varve Bk(Shivapur) Pune - Satara Road. Tal Bhor, Dist Pune.

Quote:

Pune there is Ginger,Holiday Inn,Sadanand Regency,Sayaji all on the NH4 on the Pune bypass itself.You can choose depending on your budget.If you can push to Mumbai then Hotel Fountain at Ghodbunder on NH8 is a budget place.

Plenty of coco fuel pumps on the way(company owned company operated) and plenty of places to eat as well including the mcdonalds at kolhapur bypass and at vapi apart from good and clean restaurants which would put the mcdies and ccds to shame.Nothing to worry.

Old 20th January 2015, 12:45   #44
BHPian

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Anupshahar, Uttar Pradesh. Which among the following would be better and does anyone have latest route conditions/ stay options?

1. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - Anupshahar. 2084 kms,
2. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal - Gwalior - Agra - Anupshahar. 2112 Kms.
3. Bangalore - Solapur - Aurangabad - Indore - Chittogarh - Jaipur - Mathura - Anupshahar. 2278 kms
4. Bangalore - Pune - Nashik - Indore - Chittogarh - Jaipur - Mathura - Anupshahar. 2449 kms.
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:13   #45

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip Query

Hello All
Planning a road trip after the monsoon period from Delhi to Bangalore and have the following options

Option 1

Delhi - Ajmer ( night Halt Country inn by Carlson) -Ahmedabad ( night halt ??)- Mumbai ( night halt own arrangment )- Belgaum (Hotel Sankam) - Bangalore ( 2455 kms as per Google maps)

Option 2

Delhi - Kota - Indore - Nashik - Mumbai- Belgaum - Bangalore (2402kms)

- Can anybody advise which is the better option .
- Any other better route possible
- Any advise on hotel for night stay on highway at Ahmedabad ?
- Any advise for night halt for option 2 with Hotel details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks