Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2021, 16:58   #61
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Delhi and back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Will be going to travel to Ghaziabad from Bangalore this upcoming Monday that is 21st June.
Did this route couple of years back and is easily manageable in two days.

Quote:
Plan is to start early around 5 am and take the first break in Hyderabad around 12:00 in the afternoon. After that next break will be only in Nagpur besides Bio breaks and Diesel fill-ups.
If possible start bit early, idea is to cross KGIA before sunrise.

Take a break after Kurnool, Food Pyramid @ Kotthakota is a nice clean stop. Also, there is a good Reliance Fuel bunk after Kurnool for top op.

Unless you have some work at Hyderabad, skip the city by using ORR. Again refill after exiting Medchal.

From Nagpur, get Breakfast packed from Hotel (As stretch b/w Nagpur & Jhansi has very few eateries), quick food break can be taken at Sagar.

Quote:
Any other specific pointers I should be careful about?
Keep food/ water handy, as shops may be closed along the route.

Keep eyes stray cows in MP.

Speed limit in AP / TG stretch is 80 KM & 100KM after Nagpur
Aniket Verma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 23:21   #62

I'm a new member and this is my first post. I'm posting this information because I felt that quite a few people might be looking for updated information at these uncertain times. I had to travel to Gurgaon and attend a family engagement. I've undertaken shorter (<400km) trips a few times but this was my first time doing a 2K+ km trip as a solo driver in one go. I have a 2013 Honda Amaze Petrol MT car and it was packed full of luggage.

First things first, please ensure that you get the latest RTPCR done as close to your departure time from Bangalore as possible. This will ensure that you have a valid report for the trip in case anyone checks that. Also try to check if you can get the E-pass generated for all the states that you're going to pass through (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana). I've always ensured that I get an E-pass for every trip during the lockdown, but this time, none of the regular State Govt. E-pass sites were issuing immediate E-passes. Maharashtra website even mentioned that they've stopped issuing passes.

However, no one stopped us along the way to check the RTPCR report or the E-pass documents. I traveled with all the essential documents considering the amount of time I'll spend on travel. No one asked for these documents at the hotels that we spent the nights at the halts.

Here's a quick recap of my experience.

25th Jun: Bangalore - Hyderabad
Started from Bangalore. Followed the Ananthpur-Kurnool route and reached Hyderabad. Stayed in Hyderabad for the night. The road condition was very good. Took a food break at APO2 Ananthpur. Food was tasty but overall hygiene could improve. Took a fuel break near Kurnool. Restaurants are few and limited on this route, a fact already highlighted by quite a few members.

26th Jun: Hyderabad to Nagpur
Followed the Nizamabad-Adilabad-Karanji route and reached Nagpur. No food breaks. We drove the car straight with just one fuel break. We had planned it that way with a few packaged snacks for the route. The roads were excellent till the Maharashtra border. And the road quality quickly deteriorated after the border entry point. Potholes of all sizes were available across the route. Again, we were on the lookout for restaurants/dhabas, just in case we find something suitable for a family but didn't find any. But that's just my observation. Stayed in Nagpur for the night.

27th Jun: Nagpur to Jhansi
Followed the Seoni-Narsinghpur-Sagar route and halted at Jhansi for the night. The road quality is really good on this stretch, except near Jhansi once you cross UP border. However, a bigger problem that I noticed was the number of villages and towns right on the highway, which increases the risk of people and animals getting hurt if you don't drive carefully. So, your average speed drops. Also, there were a lot of cows on the roads. We had one food break at Hotel Krishna on Kareli Bypass around Narsinghpur. This huge place was packed and the food quality was good. However, temparature soaring heating up on this route compared to the earlier two stretches.

27th Jun: Jhansi to Gurgaon
Followed the Gwalior-Agra-Mathura route. The road quality was not that great near Jhansi but the quality steadily improved. However, the areas around the highway along this stretch are heavily populated, so the average speed goes down. This stretch was excessively hot during this time and my fuel economy dropped substantially. Noticed a lot of food options along the route.

To sum it up, it felt great to be able to make this journey safely and in a relaxed manner. I don't prefer to drive fast so the distance covered per day was between 450-600km. And I had planned to stop every night at a major city in a reputed hotel to ensure good sanitization and safety. Also, ensured that the car was serviced, all fluids replaced/topped up before leaving. And I kept rechecking the tyre pressure along the way. The car cruised beautifully in the 80-110kmph sweet spot without too much load on the accelerator and I could squeeze out an overall fuel economy of 16.8kmpl. The total trip distance was 2142km.

Thanks to Team-BHP and the members for all the help and information that I found on the forum and this really helped.

A few links:

Telangana : https://policeportal.tspolice.gov.in...rstate_veh.htm
Andhra Pradesh : All searches point to this link, but I couldn't locate the exact path to the E-pass request form. https://www.spandana.ap.gov.in/
Maharashtra : https://covid19.mhpolice.in
Haryana : https://edisha.gov.in/eforms/hrmovepass

https://katni.nic.in/en/notice/e-pas...arious-states/
https://www.abhibus.com/news/state-w...idelines-india
sushant.g1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 19:39   #63

I travelled Bangalore to Delhi 24th to 27th July, the drive was pleasant and no one stopped or asked us for any document related to COVID or vaccination during the travel or any of the hotels.

I travelled via Hyderabad, Nagpur, Gwalior to Noida , almost all roads are good with some exception in road between Nagpur and Gwalior with rain causing some potholes but nothing that would result you to drive below 80 KMPH, some issues with cows on road as well in this stretch so need to be careful for the same.

Day 1 : Bangalore to Hyderabad - 529 kms , 7 hrs 30 mts - with 3 short breaks
Day 2 : Hyderabad to Nagpur - 484 kms , 6 hrs - with 1 break
Day 3 : Nagpur to Gwalior - 717 kms, 8 hrs 15 mts - with 4 short breaks
Day 4: Gwalior to Noida - 333 kms , 4 hrs 30 mts - with 1 short break

Will post in details later this weekend

Thanks
Parth
parthkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 18:20   #64

Convoy drive From Bangalore to Delhi

Hi BHPians,

Hope everyone is well and keeping safe!

I’m looking for some help with travelling as part of a group of cars from bangalore to Delhi. Tentatively looking to do this on the Independence Day weekend and making it a freedom drive of sorts.

Looking for other people willing to do the drive in their own cars and completing the trip as a convoy!

Tentative Route plan below:
Day 1: Bangalore > Nagpur via Hyderabad (total distance 1,093km) leave by 4 am expected to complete in 15 hours drive time plus two half an hour stops
Stay overnight in Nagpur

Day 2: Nagpur > Delhi via Gwalior (total distance 1,063km) leave by 4 am expected to complete in 14 hours plus two half an hour stops

Can discuss in detail with folks who are interested!
Old 1st August 2021, 23:14   #65
BHPian

Re: Convoy drive From Bangalore to Delhi

I can think of joining but the itinerary looks way too ambitious to me.

Driving more than 1000kms per day by car in India is neither feasible nor fun, in fact highly stressful even on best highways. I would advise against doing this much distance in a day, it may not be even safe.
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:09   #66

Both are doable, if you leave early plan properly you can achieve them with a bit of stretch. Having multiple drivers will make it very easy.

I drove last week from Nagpur to Gwalior and leaving Nagpur at 6 I reached my hotel in Gwalior at around 3:30 could have easily stretched and made it to Delhi ( my destination was Noida) in another 4:30 mts

Bangalore to Hyderabad - I started Bangalore at 7 reached by hotel in Hyderabad at 3, Hyderabad to Nagpur next day took me 5:30 mts. So had I continued I would have made to Nagpur by 8/830
Old 9th August 2021, 13:59   #67
BHPian

I am planning for a Bangalore to Haridwar (Uttarakhand) trip on coming 18th August.

My planned route is:

Bangalore to Hyderabad (one night stay)
Hyderabad to Chindwara (one night stay)
Chindwara to Jhansi (one night stay)
Jhansi to Ghaziabad (one night stay)
Ghaziabad to Haridwar

Not stopping at Nagpur, knowing the fact that Maharashtra has number of Covid cases so directly reaching Hyderabad to Chindwara.

I wanted to go via Seoni Pench forest route but couldn't find a decent hotel at Seoni.

Road seem to be good till Nagpur. But I am concerned between Nagpur to Agra (via Chindwara, Sagar, Jhansi, Gwalior).

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Also, I am doing this for the first time on my New Jeep Compass, so any suggestions are welcome
Old 17th August 2021, 19:11   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealAbhinavRajp View Post
I am planning for a Bangalore to Haridwar (Uttarakhand) trip on coming 18th August.

My planned route is:

Bangalore to Hyderabad (one night stay)
Hyderabad to Chindwara (one night stay)
Chindwara to Jhansi (one night stay)
Jhansi to Ghaziabad (one night stay)
Ghaziabad to Haridwar

Not stopping at Nagpur, knowing the fact that Maharashtra has number of Covid cases so directly reaching Hyderabad to Chindwara.

I wanted to go via Seoni Pench forest route but couldn't find a decent hotel at Seoni.

Road seem to be good till Nagpur. But I am concerned between Nagpur to Agra (via Chindwara, Sagar, Jhansi, Gwalior).

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Also, I am doing this for the first time on my New Jeep Compass, so any suggestions are welcome
I did the Bangalore-Hyderabad-Gwalior-Noida route last month, roads between Nagpur and Gwalior are good, a few potholes and lots of cows so need to be careful.

Nagpur specifically has low number of COVID cases so you might want to take that into consideration.

In that last 1 month I travelled Bangalore-Hyderabad-Gwalior-Noida-Gorakhpur-Patna-Varanasi-Nagpur-Hyderabad-Bangalore and could see small towns don't really have much of a COVID protocol and life is almost normal. Took my New Alcazar and it was a treat, enjoy the drive
parthkashyap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 08:46   #69
BHPian

Completed a road trip from Bangalore to Haridwar (Uttarakhand), 2300 Kms on 3.5 days last week.

Route: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Seoni, Narsinghpur, Sagar, Jhansi, Gwalior, Agra, Noida, Meerut, Haridwar.

Stay: Hyderabad, Seoni, Gwalior

Each day driven: ~ 600 kms

Beautiful landscapes on this route.

Road from Bangalore to Sagar is just fabulous. No potholes, no blind spots, no junctions.

Slightly rough patch between Sagar and Gwalior

Road between Gwalior to Agra is average.

Agra to Haridwar (via Delhi NCR) is again Fantastic as 165 you get to run on Yamuna Expressway.

Vehicle: Jeep Compass SPORTS DDCT,
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 12:29   #70
BHPian

I recently traveled from Hyderabad to Gurgaon starting from Hyderabad on 21-Aug, 0530 Hrs

Route taken

Day 1: Hyd - Nagpur - Pench - Sagar (890 kms)
Day 2: Sagar - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra Bypass - Gurgaon [via Western Peripheral Expressway] (650 kms)

Reached Sagar at 5:30 PM with just 2 tea breaks (carrying our breakfast and lunch with us). Took the Night Halt at Sagar (Hotel Vardaan - Good rooms and ample Parking). We got excellent roads till Sagar with very minimal traffic.

Started again from our hotel in Sagar at 4:15 AM on 22-Aug and reached Gurgaon at 1400 Hrs with 1 tea and a breakfast break at Gwalior. Road conditions weren't good in this stretch. There were small uneven potholes throughout the road. A lot of stray cattle on the roads comprising of cows/buffalows/horses/goats/donkey. I had to be very very careful and slow down considerably. Moreover, the traffic increased manifold once I crossed Gwalior including lots of 2-wheelers I also encountered congestion on the Agra Bypass where I had to wait for the traffic to get cleared( took a good 15-20 minutes). All in all a not so pleasurable drive on my second stretch between Sagar - Gurgaon.

No checks of any kind while crossing the various state borders. Smooth Sailing all the way. Toll Paid between Hyderabad and Guragon - Rs 2300/-(approx) all via FastTag barring the last toll near Sohna which was a cash payment
saikatmandal04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 17:57   #71

Planning to do Bangalore-Haridwar trip with family in December'2021. As it is leisure trip, I want to follow central India trip for onward journey (Blr-Hyd-Nagpur-Delhi) and travel back via Kota-Pune-Blr.
Plan to cover Pench National Park, Bhedaghat during onward journey.
I will be the only one driving.

Any suggestions and pointers for halts, good hotels etc.?
Old 28th October 2021, 15:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkashyap View Post

In that last 1 month I travelled Bangalore-Hyderabad-Gwalior-Noida-Gorakhpur-Patna-Varanasi-Nagpur-Hyderabad-Bangalore and could see small towns don't really have much of a COVID protocol and life is almost normal. Took my New Alcazar and it was a treat, enjoy the drive
Can you update the return leg of your tour from Varanasi -Nagpur- Hyderabad
How were the road conditions and did you take an over night stay inbetween.
Old 28th October 2021, 16:21   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Can you update the return leg of your tour from Varanasi -Nagpur- Hyderabad
How were the road conditions and did you take an over night stay inbetween.
I stayed overnight in Nagpur, the road condition is great most of the journey, a few potholes but nothing for cause of worry. If you leave early and are okay to drive during the night you can cover the journey in a day as well
parthkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 20:30   #74

Hi All,

I'm planning to travel from Bangalore - Delhi - Lucknow - Bangalore, sometime in November, 2022. I wanted to know which of the below routes or any other route should I take based on the experiences of my fellow Team-BHPians. I would like to be in Delhi within 2 days.
We will be two drivers and have driven multiple long distance trips within 1000kms range but will be doing something like this for the first time.

Car to be used: Mercedes Benz E-Class (D)

Route Options for Bangalore to Delhi:
a) Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Gwalior - Agra - Delhi
b) Bangalore - Solapur - Aurangabad - Indore - Kota - Jaipur - Delhi

Route for Lucknow to Bangalore:
a) Lucknow - Jabalpur - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore
Old 30th June 2022, 21:42   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utksinha214 View Post
I would like to be in Delhi within 2 days.
2 days is an overkill. 2.5 days would be more like it, even that would mean aggressive driving.

Quote:
a) Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Gwalior - Agra - Delhi
This is the fastest route.

Quote:
b) Bangalore - Solapur - Aurangabad - Indore - Kota - Jaipur - Delhi
Indore and Kota are not really part of the route unless you plan to visit them.

Although Bangalore-Aurangabad is great. Kannad jams and the widening beyond till Dhule might not be the right choice. You could do Pune-Nasik-Dhule-Manpur-Lebad-Ratlam-Chittor-Bhilwara-Ajmer-Jaipur-Delhi, if looking for a different route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks