Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 14:57   #1
mjd

Bangalore - Yercaud Queries. EDIT: Avoid the Danishpet route!

Hi,

I am planning to drive to Yercaud this weekend. I prefer Blore -> Krishnagiri BP -> Dharmapuri -> Salem -> Yercaud.

Can you let me know the road condition after Krishnagiri and also, if any alternate, scenic but safe routes
mjd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2008, 12:58   #2
BHPian

I just did kanchipuram->blr yday.
One word to expain the roads.....

"awesome".
Not even a single pothole till i entered karnataka!

Regards,
Old 15th January 2008, 13:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Please do a search in this forum before posting. There are numerous threads on the same route.

This should help you as it is the last updated thread on this route.

Nothing much has changed. Krishnagiri ->Dharmapuri is horrible. Dharmapuri uptil Omalur bypass is also very bad. Suggest caution while driving/overtaking. Night time driving is not recommended in these sectors.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...oute-info.html

Request Mods to close this thread.
Old 17th May 2008, 13:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Please do a search in this forum before posting. There are numerous threads on the same route.

This should help you as it is the last updated thread on this route.

Nothing much has changed. Krishnagiri ->Dharmapuri is horrible. Dharmapuri uptil Omalur bypass is also very bad. Suggest caution while driving/overtaking. Night time driving is not recommended in these sectors.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...oute-info.html

Request Mods to close this thread.
How does a Chennai-Yercaud thread pointed by you help someone planning a Bangalore-Yercaud trip ? A part of the trip may be same. But recent road conditions provided by others will help.
Old 17th May 2008, 18:26   #5

Route is more worst now

1. You need to get out of Bangalore in the wee hours, Even then, there is some work going on the Bangalore Hosur road, Several Diversions need to be taken. This point is important if you are driving early in the morning or late night.
2. There after you will be comfortable till you cross Krishnagiri, from now on the road is a single lane, With very deep pot holes on either side. Note that most of the stretch is good encouraging you to drive faster, but if you donot keep your eyes on the road, you will jump over a pot hole and may damage your car.
3. After crossing Dharmapuri,Till Thoppur Ghat, road is bad, but once you're in the Ghat more or less journey is almost comfortable.
4. When you're close to Salem again road is 4-laned(definitely multiple lanes, I am not sure if 4 or 2) and once you are in the city and took deviation towards Yeracaud, Road all the away uphill is in good condition.

I went there twice in the past six months. Repairs and multiple laning is in progress, hence comfortable zones on the road will be moving from time to time.
Old 19th May 2008, 10:50   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_whizz View Post
How does a Chennai-Yercaud thread pointed by you help someone planning a Bangalore-Yercaud trip ? A part of the trip may be same. But recent road conditions provided by others will help.
Both converge at Krishnagiri and Bangalore Krishnagiri road conditions are good as always.
Old 7th October 2008, 15:28   #7
BHPian

Bangalore to Yercaud

Hi all,

Can anyone please post current road conditions b/w Bangalore to Yercaud.
i would be taking Bangalore – Hosur – Krishnagiri – Dharmapuri - Salem – Yercaud.
You are most welcome to suggest me about other precautions.
cheers:

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th October 2008 at 14:35. Reason: Font/size tags
gogo_gogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2008, 16:49   #8
BHPian

NH7 till Krishnagiri is good. Road work is still in progress from Krishnagiri till Omalur (before Salem).
Old 7th October 2008, 16:56   #9
BHPian

Hello gogo
Search for Yercaud and you will find lot of info
Mods i think this thread can be merged or closed

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th October 2008 at 14:35. Reason: Font/size tags
Old 7th October 2008, 22:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Most probably on the return journey most of them would take Salem - Palacode - Rayakottai - Hosur - Bangalore.

this is because the bridge construction at the Palakode road (Dharmapuri bypass) and Salem road is not yet complete and vehicles are asked to proceed a little bit on the Dharmapuri bypass. However where most of them need to take a right to get back on the Dharmapuri - Krishnagiri highway there is a board saying straight to Bangalore (120 kms) and Hosur. This confuses people and most of them end up taking this route.

This route is shorter by 20 kms and is a normal 2 lane with good but winding roads. Watch out for the two bridge constructions that are happening on this route. Lot of blind curves. But beautiful scenery.
Old 8th October 2008, 11:19   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

You should wait till saturday - and you can the route information from Chennai, Kovai & Bengalooru also.

When are you going ?
Old 8th October 2008, 11:43   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You should wait till saturday - and you can the route information from Chennai, Kovai & Bengalooru also.

When are you going ?

I will be leaving SAT morning , and planning back on sunday eve.

Quote:
Most probably on the return journey most of them would take Salem - Palacode - Rayakottai - Hosur - Bangalore.

this is because the bridge construction at the Palakode road (Dharmapuri bypass) and Salem road is not yet complete and vehicles are asked to proceed a little bit on the Dharmapuri bypass. However where most of them need to take a right to get back on the Dharmapuri - Krishnagiri highway there is a board saying straight to Bangalore (120 kms) and Hosur. This confuses people and most of them end up taking this route.

This route is shorter by 20 kms and is a normal 2 lane with good but winding roads. Watch out for the two bridge constructions that are happening on this route. Lot of blind curves. But beautiful scenery.
Thanks ya , I will try to explore this route.

Mod's Note: Please do not make back-to-back posts. Try to answer all the posts at one go. Use the multi-quote button to reply to multiple people in a single post.

Posts merged.
Old 8th October 2008, 12:27   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
gogo_gogo : I will be leaving SAT morning , and planning back on sunday eve..
@Gogo, how did you manage to miss this thread :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...a-yercaud.html

Just reach Dakshin Honda by 7 am, or the AAB between Hosur & Krishnagiri by 8.30 am, and you will get more help than you asked for !
Old 8th October 2008, 14:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Spot on. Add me to that list

When returning from Munnar, I also took this route and after couple of KMs only noticed that the board said SH17. But anyway, since I have already taken these routes for the Hogenekkal, I like this and continued. I think after Royakotai, there is a "Y" junction. Take the left one and you will not have those bridge constructions. Follow it straight and you are in Attebelli.

btw, you have no petrol bunk once you cross Royakottai through this route. The only one is after the TVS company.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Spot on. Add me to that list

When returning from Munnar, I also took this route and after couple of KMs only noticed that the board said SH17. But anyway, since I have already taken these routes for the Hogenekkal, I like this and continued. I think after Royakotai, there is a "Y" junction. Take the left one and you will not have those bridge constructions. Follow it straight and you are in Attebelli.

btw, you have no petrol bunk once you cross Royakottai through this route. The only one is after the TVS company.
I think you need to vote for this at Team BHP meet thread. cheers:

Most Viewed